Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

Pamcake1 I finished the last batch of quince jam today, 10 kilos of Quince made about 6 litres of jam. It’s really good and smells amazing, I put lots of lemon in it.

View attachment 1996900 View attachment 1996901
View attachment 1996908
View attachment 1996906 View attachment 1996904
View attachment 1996905
Fantastic Wosh what an effort, looks great.
Great shots of the new pan too, it's a monster!
Your whole house would have smelt amazing after cooking that.

We had a many quinces this year, gave most away to the hospital auxiliary ladies for them to make jam and paste.

We had a many quinces this year, gave most away to the hospital auxiliary ladies for them to make jam and paste.
I made the jam and my bro in law made the paste.

IMG_5082.jpeg

He said he started at 10 am yesterday and finished at midnight, his tree was packed this year too so we went hard not to waste them.
I still have to make quince syrup, I promised Hate 🤗

Last edited:
OMG Wosh that's some epic jam making right there. And that little cleaver is looking finely tuned.
My Siberian knife, couldn’t live without it :knife:

Fantastic Wosh what an effort, looks great.
Great shots of the new pan too, it's a monster!
Your whole house would have smelt amazing after cooking that.
Yeah you have to have the right equipment for big jobs, and a day when you just get stuck into it. But it’s worth it when you give it to family and friends…it actually goes really fast and I always end up wishing I made more.

Last edited:
And they love eating soursob which is popping up everywhere but they refuse to eat parsley. We now have people dropping good scraps round for them rather than it going into landfill which is good too.

And they love eating soursob which is popping up everywhere but they refuse to eat parsley. We now have people dropping good scraps round for them rather than it going into landfill which is good too.
Thats awesome, I’m sure they have a great life with you. Chicken are so mistreated and maligned, they are actually friendly and funny when treated well. My sisters ones follow the kids around like puppies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end Wosh I've made a Quince & Almond cake today instead of Quince jelly.
It's delicious. Baked the quinces for 3 hours slowly with vanilla bean and then let them sit for a day before using.

View attachment 2006065
Superb! I’m finished the quinces so next season I’ll try it.

I’m baking too today, trying to use up my apples, still picking about 20 golden delicious a week

IMG_5218.jpeg IMG_5219.jpeg

Semolina cake

IMG_2024-5-31-143205.jpeg

And a German apple spiced cake with streusel topping is still in the oven.

That looks delicious
It is.
Just taste tested it for afternoon tea with a nice cup of fresh ginger tea.

Slow cooked quinces.
Wash fur off.
Core and cut into 6cm or so chunks.
Into oven proof dish.
Sprinkle with raw sugar (but not too much a flat desert spoon per quince is plenty)
Add a vanilla bean.
Cover in Alfoil and cook at 150C for 3 hours.

I let them sit for a day before I then did the cake.
But the above with either cream, ice cream or custard is divine.

If there is any forum that is going to weep when they listen to this woman, its going to be this forum. I can't even, people.

I find it hard to believe she is telling the truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

Back