Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Low scoring but a good game.
Moyhu 56
North Wang 50

North Wang might need to rethink how they play ‘football’ The aim is to get the football through the big sticks, not some of the tactics I saw. Moyhu kids took it well and played some good football.
I see moyhu have an abundance of spare points with a young senior group, surely they can get a few quality keys before the cut off?

The dees old boys will be filthy with the start to the season, falling over the line to KV (who got done by Tarra this week) then getting pantsed by Bright.
I’m not writing them off yet only 2 rounds in but they won’t want dish up another mediocre one next round.

Bright look the real deal.
Bright are looking good from all reports and Bonnie doon happy with flying under the radar. Greta would want to perform considering they are spending big this year. Would like to know how they are sliding through the cap this year. Wouldn’t want to be one of the clubs randomly audited I would have thought.

Bright are looking good from all reports and Bonnie doon happy with flying under the radar. Greta would want to perform considering they are spending big this year. Would like to know how they are sliding through the cap this year. Wouldn’t want to be one of the clubs randomly audited I would have thought.
Spending less than the cap as they always do. Have plenty of players playing for nothing and their recruits on sensible $

Spending less than the cap as they always do. Have plenty of players playing for nothing and their recruits on sensible $
Not what I heard from multiple sources. And also hearing what Crawford was demanding from tungamah and the likes, well there goes half the cap already

Not what I heard from multiple sources. And also hearing what Crawford was demanding from tungamah and the likes, well there goes half the cap already

Wild accusations to be throwing around about a club on the rise. It will all come out in the wash I’m sure!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with all of that. With ‘random audit’ who would conduct that? Wouldn’t think it would be organised by the O&K. The league is in trouble enough off field, they wouldn’t want one of their teams done for salary cap issues to have more negative comments about it.

Navyblueman - which recruits do you think are on sensible $$? None of us actually know what the players are on (apart from the actual player and club), so it works both ways when people say how much players are/are not on.

While I’ll admit I’m not in the inner sanctum anymore so can’t comment on specifics, I am close enough to the people in key positions to be sure of this, the coach and committee are people who have been involved for close to or more than a decade at the club and have been instrumental in this side building sustainable success in the right way.
Players that have been at the club for 4+ years aren’t getting paid and new players are getting paid fair amounts based on the current market.

For the first time in a long time the blues are in the position to be able to attract players for less than they are offered at some rival clubs with the chance of success being the driver in that.

The coach has a history of working in HR and negotiation is high on his list of skills, it’s not a coincidence he is in charge at this point in the clubs development.

That’s the last I’ll discuss salary caps regarding the blues as I’m absolutely confident the people involved are fiscally responsible enough to abide by the rules.

While I’ll admit I’m not in the inner sanctum anymore so can’t comment on specifics, I am close enough to the people in key positions to be sure of this, the coach and committee are people who have been involved for close to or more than a decade at the club and have been instrumental in this side building sustainable success in the right way.
Players that have been at the club for 4+ years aren’t getting paid and new players are getting paid fair amounts based on the current market.

For the first time in a long time the blues are in the position to be able to attract players for less than they are offered at some rival clubs with the chance of success being the driver in that.

The coach has a history of working in HR and negotiation is high on his list of skills, it’s not a coincidence he is in charge at this point in the clubs development.

That’s the last I’ll discuss salary caps regarding the blues as I’m absolutely confident the people involved are fiscally responsible enough to abide by the rules.
I’m sure Glenrowan was within the salary cap, and North Wang, and Benalla.
It’s all well and good saying one thing but I’d hardly believe half of what’s spoken about clubs in here because most of it is what clubs want to portray and what others want to portray of other clubs.
In saying that, where there’s smoke there’s usually fire.

Last edited:
I’m sure Glenrowan was within the salary cap, and North Wang, and Benalla.
It’s all well and good saying one thing but I’d hardly believe half of what’s spoken about clubs in here because most of it is what clubs want to portray and what others want to portray of other clubs.
In saying that, where there’s fire there’s usually smoke.
The biggest spend in the history of the league was NW 2012, but let’s not forget, there wasn’t a cap to abide by back then. Glenrowan’s supposed spending is all innuendo, they had 10 guys who weren’t even getting match payments, that’s why the success was sustained, selflessness for team success. Greta are a little bit like Milawa, they struggle to even buy one but settle for close enough. Milawa have finished R/U more than any other club in the past two decades, and their spending would rival North Wangs eye watering 2012 splurge.

As for random audits, eyes aren’t on the battling leagues, the O&K have much bigger issues than Greta over spending to be knocked out second week of the finals. The O&M cracked down as the direct spending and blatant disregard for salary cap was actually destroying the league. And good on them for coming down hard, having a premiership revoked is the ultimate price to pay. My only gripe, I would’ve liked to have seen all medallions given back and footage completely erased of the game.

The biggest spend in the history of the league was NW 2012, but let’s not forget, there wasn’t a cap to abide by back then. Glenrowan’s supposed spending is all innuendo, they had 10 guys who weren’t even getting match payments, that’s why the success was sustained, selflessness for team success. Greta are a little bit like Milawa, they struggle to even buy one but settle for close enough. Milawa have finished R/U more than any other club in the past two decades, and their spending would rival North Wangs eye watering 2012 splurge.
Thanks for proving my point, I’m sure we’re all believers of that rubbish

What round are you holding the reunion? And will all the mercenaries be invited?
Surely it wont coincide with a home game of the rugby team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What round are you holding the reunion? And will all the mercenaries be invited?
Surely it wont coincide with a home game of the rugby team
I’ll fight the lot of ya , I settle these discussions in the parking lot . Real quick. Buffoons;the lot of ya, . Listen here , The tigers commanded respect amd got it , the record stands, with the scripture to lay claim to the best side the league saw . I have no doubt in my mind , if we got the band ba k together they’d make a mockery of today’s sides. O&k is a shadow of its former sled .

I’ll fight the lot of ya , I settle these discussions in the parking lot . Real quick. Buffoons;the lot of ya, . Listen here , The tigers commanded respect amd got it , the record stands, with the scripture to lay claim to the best side the league saw . I have no doubt in my mind , if we got the band ba k together they’d make a mockery of today’s sides. O&k is a shadow of its former sled .
Time to put ya head on the silver pillow bigfella, you’ve obviously had a big night…

Struggling to think of one person that’s uttered the word respect and Glenrowan in the same sentence since they imploded themselves.
So good they couldn’t even get close to the unbeaten streak record of Tarra and Milawa.
4 premierships that mean nothing to anyone who has anything to do with the Ovens and King and nor should they. Destroying a club for a few cups is all they will be know for.

Last edited:

Which parking lot? The one at Glenrowan after a home game? oh... wait... :tearsofjoy:

The boys still on the peptides? I did see suss on warrant wednesday the other week, shadow of his former self. You willing to fund legal support to a shoe in hall of famer at your once grand cultured club?

The boys still on the peptides? I did see suss on warrant wednesday the other week, shadow of his former self. You willing to fund legal support to a shoe in hall of famer at your once grand cultured club?
Might I add, those peptides had your men “walking on a dream”. Heard that one blasting from the pitiful excuse you called a clubroom many a time whilst my fellow LOYAL comrades sat on dingy plastic chairs dreading the cold, dark shower that would unfortunately follow

Suss could’ve played league football if his body didn’t let him down. Two strapped knees restricted him to a turning circle of an old Toyota bus, would still bring his own ball against Milawa.

Suss could’ve played league football if his body didn’t let him down. Two strapped knees restricted him to a turning circle of an old Toyota bus, would still bring his own ball against Milawa.
Why dont you employ him and help him find his feet again. After all, you are gods gift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back