Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chappy said last friday morning on AA we are near the maximum, but also said that wouldn't stop us going over in the future
Or we could save money by getting rid of the poor performers. eg. Had to bring in Saunders to cover Hass/Burton stuff ups.

Not sure why it's taking so long to get this coach selection panel together. Should have been finalised by now.
It's taking a while for Roo to brief them on his preferred candidate & the questions to ask... ;)

Not sure why it's taking so long to get this coach selection panel together. Should have been finalised by now.
It's taking a while for Roo to brief them on his preferred candidate & the questions to ask... ;)
Fagan mentioned on Footy SA last night the panel would be finalised within 24 hours. He also mentioned that they currently had a list of 7 candidates

For those looking at betting markets - when Craig was sacked in 2011, the early market favourites were Wallace and Bickley. In 2014 when Sando was flicked Eade was paying under $1.50 initially.

More recently, Brad Scott was $1.60 to coach St Kilda at one point.

Betting on the next coach of a club isn't like betting on a match, or on a Brownlow. There's nothing substantive to base it on.

Fagan mentioned on Footy SA last night the panel would be finalised within 24 hours. He also mentioned that they currently had a list of 7 candidates
With that many candidates, it would appear there is no obvious choice & they are searching far & wide.

I don’t know anything about Schofield but he looks like a hard ass, and had a good record.

I like it
And watch our modern new age players who all get haircuts prior to playing a orime tine game self destruct with a hard ass of a coach

We will be dealling with more player unrest then we arr dealling with now

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With that many candidates, it would appear there is no obvious choice & they are searching far & wide.
Would they even know the skill sets and qualities they're looking for yet?

For some reason I thought Dunstall would finish up on the panel. He'd be building an intimate knowledge of the inner workings and shortfalls of the club by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to the bit where he tells them who to pick, but then steps out the room when they do it to ensure there is no issues with it being one of his mates.

For those looking at betting markets - when Craig was sacked in 2011, the early market favourites were Wallace and Bickley. In 2014 when Sando was flicked Eade was paying under $1.50 initially.

More recently, Brad Scott was $1.60 to coach St Kilda at one point.

Betting on the next coach of a club isn't like betting on a match, or on a Brownlow. There's nothing substantive to base it on.

Just as a heads up on here for the casual punters, the odds are reflected by their chance and the weight of money being placed on it by the punters.

As an example, Clarko was around $50 to coach Carlton at one stage, it then got bashed into under $10.

From memory I dont even think Phil Walsh was even listed in the odds markets.

Communication and relationships are his strengths. We need something like that. We just had an old school coach and it failed.

This may be completely wrong as I’m basing it off of body language from a 5 minute YouTube clip, but I’m going to say it anyway.

He’s got a bit of a Phil Walsh vibe to him. Obviously not as impressive as the great man, but he looks a pretty intense character and pretty confident in his abilities.

Do you know Saunders background, ie North melbourne

His background is irrelevant. We brought him in to fix an already expensive ****up, resulting in even more expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back