List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live and let live, unless you want the mods to have a squizz.

Must be ODN's new sig. Make it happen, Mick!

Surely DoC can make a gif about it instead?

Thanks ODN, I don't think anyone is Bootsma bashing anyway.

Bootmsa could be really handy as the type of defender that can play on a small forward or a 3rd tall, & still provide rebound. Every team needs one of these guys.

But Carlton already have one in Walker, Tuohy as well at a stretch (struggled against Edwards though). Maybe Docherty too, I'm not sure.

This trade period has been all about trading players from areas of strength to fill the weaknesses. IMO trading Bootsma for a KPD makes sense.

Thanks ODN, I don't think anyone is Bootsma bashing anyway.

Bootmsa could be really handy as the type of defender that can play on a small forward or a 3rd tall, & still provide rebound. Every team needs one of these guys.

But Carlton already have one in Walker, Tuohy as well at a stretch (struggled against Edwards though). Maybe Docherty too, I'm not sure.

This trade period has been all about trading players from areas of strength to fill the weaknesses. IMO trading Bootsma for a KPD makes sense.

Agree with this :thumbsu:

It's clear that the Bootsma trade option only came about because of the Docherty trade.

This is the type of assertive list management we have been crying out for since 2000.

It also speaks volumes about Mick's views on Boots - clearly he will struggle to fill a wing/midfield position in Mick's Best 22.

What it also shows is that Mick rates him (just) enough to give him a chance, and by floating him for a trade Mick has also given Boots a mighty kick in the backside. "Shape up or ship out son!"

When do we get Docherty?

Too recent for me.

Brisbane reminds me of that shonky plumber from the stone cutter episode...

'I'm going to need to order a part... It'll be about 3 weeks... And that's if I order it today... Which I wont'

In a brief list analysis we have glaring holes in the key position defender and third tall forward positions, what I mean by glaring holes is we lack depth or backups in those areas.
Its a whole different ball game if we start talking quality then we have holes all around the ground.
Therefore I purpose we should take a third tall forward in the draft someone who can slot in for round one, in the Kersten or Darling mould. Then maybe latter take a developing defender and a mature state league defender.

This would give us a more rounded team, unless we rejig some of our existing players in different positions. Then this would alter the way we attack the draft.

We have Henderson and Waite who we know can play well forward. Personally I think it's easier to have a good defender than a good forward. It would be easier to trade for a KPD and draft a KPF and develop them (you can say these things outside of TC).

Still think we should be right into Josh Bruce, he and Watson would give us a handy pair of young KPD and we can draft a Hourigan, McStay, Harvey etc

Too recent for me.

Brisbane reminds me of that shonky plumber from the stone cutter episode...

'I'm going to need to order a part... It'll be about 3 weeks... And that's if I order it today... Which I wont'

tumblr_m21dug7AUX1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

"Now, you can either have the washer and dryer where the lovely Smithers is standing, or you can trade it all in for what's in this box."

tumblr_m21dug7AUX1r3ifxzo2_500.gif

"The box, the box!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a brief list analysis we have glaring holes in the key position defender and third tall forward positions, what I mean by glaring holes is we lack depth or backups in those areas.
Its a whole different ball game if we start talking quality then we have holes all around the ground.
Therefore I purpose we should take a third tall forward in the draft someone who can slot in for round one, in the Kersten or Darling mould. Then maybe latter take a developing defender and a mature state league defender.

This would give us a more rounded team, unless we rejig some of our existing players in different positions. Then this would alter the way we attack the draft.

I think we will defiinitely take a mid with 13 (if we still have it) then someone like a Hourigan at 32 would be a nice 3rd tall option. Thorp in the latter rounds, or McKernan in the PSD could also assist in that regard. Would like for them to trade our 3rd or 4th for a Membrey or Jones from the dogs.

He played 13 full stop.

I think some of you have some sort of misconception. He's absolute best 22, and has been for 2 seasons. The only reason he only played 13 games this year was he had a bruised nerve in his shin, it cost him about 2 months of football. Plus he's contracted. It'd have to be overs, which I doubt you'd be willing to pay, especially considering Majak and Curran (his competition) are both coming off serious injury, and are unlikely to have a pre-season.

31 seems under market value for a 25 year old, best 22 KPF, especially one with 2 years to run on their contract. I'd be very surprised, is all i'm saying.

I'll go with this bloke. Tarrant has always seemed to me to be a very solid option who does put in, just seems to be laconic. Bit on the slight side and maybe a bit unfashionable, but still a worthy option. I would have to agree that Pick 31 seems unders to me also, but, if thats what it is, thats what it is. North and the player would have to agree anyway. Would be a good get.

The name Mellington has been thrown around a lot, as a medium forward - however he is probably a little too short for third tall at 185cms (Darling and Gunston are both 190+). Dont know much about him, or if he is any good.

KPD we have Watson who should be available round 1, and was looking the goods pre-injury. Would like us to be talking to Bruce, and guarantee him gametime if fit (leaving Jamo to play 3rd man up).

Hendo must play forward this season.

*Brisbane front office messages*

You have 30 minutes to remove your car
You have 10 minutes
Your car has been impounded
Your car has been crashed into a cube.
You have 30 minutes to remove your cube

*phone rings* Ello Mr Malcolm Holmes office? 'Is it about my cube'

does anyone feel we would pull the trigger early on a guy like marsh as that third tall. I think we will choose the best available midfielder at our first choice but in doing so that doesn't make us immediately better.

does anyone feel we would pull the trigger early on a guy like marsh as that third tall. I think we will choose the best available midfielder at our first choice but in doing so that doesn't make us immediately better.
I think if we select a good quality player at 13 whether it be a midfielder, KPF or KPD we automatically become better and deeper.:thumbsu:

We have a distinct lack of depth in the midfield and if we take another quality mid it isn't going to hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back