No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The people of Brisbane i meant. 36,000 at the Gabba, 80% full & legit half of those were Carlton supporters. Terrible crowd considering.
From ausstadiums website.

ā€œWhile the stadium's capacity is officially 41,974 according to the venue, it has been reduced due to a number of factors including a temporary deck area behind the goals. The current capacity for AFL matches at the venue is approximately 36,000.ā€

Well I donā€™t think they are the best team. Yes theyā€™ve won the most games for the year but that doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re the best team. They only fell in by a point last night and they didnā€™t beat Melbourne by much either.

They have been extremely lucky over the last two seasons and donā€™t get me started on the favourable umpiring they always seem to get.
Hawthorn never won a prelim final by more than a goal in there three peat years ... Collingwood will win comfortably in the end is my guess ...unless Brisbane somehow miraculously learn how to play the G in the next week ...there record at the G is poor

janiher n zonko appear to be the weak links @ brisvegas,i noticed on a few occassions janiher pulled up or didnt
put himself btwn the ball n oppos when the opportunity arose,zonko is hit n miss with his ideas,the one that suprised
me was'upstairs@ Eric Hipwoods' desire for the contest,he blulined the ball n oppos all night,took the hits n bounced off
mitchell n the ex basketballer are the muppets weak links among a few othas,theyre both finished imo
brisvegas should be able to get it done i reckon

pies will get pumped next week
8dfec5ad-fddf-45d6-95e6-8b9fb4ff3dd6.jpg

I'm just sick of the umpiring of this league & the general poor nature of the campaigners that run it.

They have spent all this time denouncing head contact and tackle/in the back contact which leads to players heads getting driven into the turf.

The finals have been a disgrace on that supposed concern for the players welfare. the umpiring last night was laughable in the last quarter and tonight was not much better at times. Im over the game being ****ed over by the campaigners who are meant to just be overlooking it. Players and clubs are doing their bit to make this league great & the league, umpiring, tribunal continually lets them down with zero accountability.
Not just the players and clubs, the supporters too.

The clubs created the AFL Commission because their backsides were hanging out of their pants. Out went the focus on football, in came the focus on the dollar. Out went Saturday afternoon, in came Friday night, Thursday night, Saturday twilight, late Sunday afternoon, even Monday night.

The clubs can remove the AFL Commission, but most of the clubs depend on the AFL for handouts like infants on their mothers teat. So they reluctantly conform to this zero accountability from the suits for fear of reprisal.

Now the AFL has enough money to throw away it seems to have broadened its portfolio into the political field. Reminding us how to vote. ****wits!!

Going to the footy today is nothing like following your club home and away in years long gone. The younger generations know no better but for us older dinosaurs it's cringeworthy.

Collingwood will most likely be premiers next week and I can honestly say IDGAF.

If I didn't have this passion for the Richmond Football Club, I wouldn't walk across the road with a free ticket to watch this garbage on offer today.

Last edited:
Hawthorn never won a prelim final by more than a goal in there three peat years ... Collingwood will win comfortably in the end is my guess ...unless Brisbane somehow miraculously learn how to play the G in the next week ...there record at the G is poor
Collingwood's GF record is poor though. Normally you'd say it's 50/50 but with the Pies your a 70 percent chance to lose just by showing up.

Collingwood's GF record is poor though. Normally you'd say it's 50/50 but with the Pies your a 70 percent chance to lose just by showing up.
They have channeled Richmond's DNA which means they will be closer to winning it this time.
Not talking about the horse and cart days when alot of shenanigans were involved.(4peat)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The meltdown if another MCG tenant wins the Premiership. That would make it 8 Premierships won by MCG tenants in the last 11 years. 3 to Hawthorn, 3 to Richmond, 1 to Melbourne, and 1 to Collingwood.

If Collingwood didnā€™t fumble hard in 2018, it wouldā€™ve been 9 Premierships in 11 years.

think they just took a tablet back then
The use of methamphetamine, better known as crystal meth, was particularly prevalent: A pill form of the drug, Pervitin, was distributed by the millions to Wehrmacht troops before the successful invasion of France in 1940.

Developed by the Temmler pharmaceutical company, based in Berlin, Pervitin was introduced in 1938 and marketed as a magic pill for alertness and an anti-depressive, among other uses. It was briefly even available over the counter. A military doctor, Otto Ranke, experimented with Pervitin on 90 college students and decided, based on his results, that the drug would help Germany win the war. Using Pervitin, the soldiers of the Wehrmacht could stay awake for days at a time and march many more miles without resting.

A so-called ā€œstimulant decreeā€ issued in April 1940 sent more than 35 million tablets of Pervitin and Isophan (a slightly modified version produced by the Knoll pharmaceutical company) of the pills to the front lines, where they fueled the Nazisā€™ ā€œBlitzkriegā€ invasion of France through the Ardennes mountains. It should be noted that Germans were not alone in their use of performance-enhancing drugs during World War II. Allied soldiers were known to use amphetamines (speed) in the form of Benzedrine in order to battle combat fatigue.

AFL sycophants anointing Curnow as best player in the game before he has played a single final ā€¦ net minut ā€¦ā€¦

Thereā€™s a reason why finals are where reputations are made and H&A heroes are a bit of an irrelevance.

Curnow is a fine player. He kicked 29 goals in 14 games against top-8 sides this year, and 52 goals in 12 games versus non-finalists, including 19 versus the Eagles - take out the Eagles he has 62 goals in 24 games. He kicked 3 goals in 3 finals.

In 2022 Lynch kicked 63 goals in 19 games. 54 in 17 games if you take out the Eagles.

In other wordsā€¦ I wish the AFL media would stop looking at players who cash in against minnows as best players in the game when they donā€™t have a finals resume to back them up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dusty,GOAT.

AFL sycophants anointing Curnow as best player in the game before he has played a single final ā€¦ net minut ā€¦ā€¦

Thereā€™s a reason why finals are where reputations are made and H&A heroes are a bit of an irrelevance.

Curnow is a fine player. He kicked 29 goals in 14 games against top-8 sides this year, and 52 goals in 12 games versus non-finalists, including 19 versus the Eagles - take out the Eagles he has 62 goals in 24 games. He kicked 3 goals in 3 finals.

In 2022 Lynch kicked 63 goals in 19 games. 54 in 17 games if you take out the Eagles.

In other wordsā€¦ I wish the AFL media would stop looking at players who cash in against minnows as best players in the game when they donā€™t have a finals resume to back them up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Carlton won't play the Eagles twice in a season next year

They have channeled Richmond's DNA which means they will be closer to winning it this time.
Not talking about the horse and cart days when alot of shenanigans were involved.(4peat)
like the hafey pies era ?

The meltdown if another MCG tenant wins the Premiership. That would make it 8 Premierships won by MCG tenants in the last 11 years. 3 to Hawthorn, 3 to Richmond, 1 to Melbourne, and 1 to Collingwood.

If Collingwood didnā€™t fumble hard in 2018, it wouldā€™ve been 9 Premierships in 11 years.
nah they wont melt for the umpies

like the hafey pies era ?
I hope history repeats itself and they win the same amount of grandfinals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back