Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And Rovers culture is any better? Why is it again that Cody Schutt isn’t playing this year?
Is playing. Having some time away at the moment with a newborn in the house according to his old man. Not to mention the poor bugger has had a few nasty facial fractures and concussions over the last 3 years. Becoming a father can change your perspective on how important footy is in the scheme of things

I hope clubs do their research on this imposter. I cant believe he is selling himself. What part of useless doesnt he get. Wonder if he inflates the amount of interest he gets just like his possessions in games. He needs to play tennis or golf that is an individual sport as thats all he is good for. Himself.

If you're doing one-off games you'd want to deliver a bloody good return.

I'm not a fan of it no matter who the player - wtf do you say to the kid who gets dropped for a ****in circus act?

Having said that, I know a bloke who was on the committee at a club who did it early with Fev (before he'd played for basically every club in the state)... and he said it was fantastic. He charged $5k, arrived at 9am and left after 9pm, kicked 7, put $1k on the bar for everybody after the siren, and they got a huge crowd. Made a lot of money and their crowds were up for the rest of the year (sometimes you have to introduce AFL watchers to local footy).

Since then however I'd say the novelty has worn off a little with a lot of players doing it, even that Carlton Draft thing cashing in on the idea. You reckon you'd need a huge name to pull off a massive crowd now.

A bloke's who's never played AFL? Don't think so... but as I said, the whole TikTok world isn't one I inhabit. Did the Rovers see any bigger crowds, particularly early on in his stay?

I'm not a fan of it no matter who the player - wtf do you say to the kid who gets dropped for a *in circus act?

Having said that, I know a bloke who was on the committee at a club who did it early with Fev (before he'd played for basically every club in the state)... and he said it was fantastic. He charged $5k, arrived at 9am and left after 9pm, kicked 7, put $1k on the bar for everybody after the siren, and they got a huge crowd. Made a lot of money and their crowds were up for the rest of the year (sometimes you have to introduce AFL watchers to local footy).

Since then however I'd say the novelty has worn off a little with a lot of players doing it, even that Carlton Draft thing cashing in on the idea. You reckon you'd need a huge name to pull off a massive crowd now.

A bloke's who's never played AFL? Don't think so... but as I said, the whole TikTok world isn't one I inhabit. Did the Rovers see any bigger crowds, particularly early on in his stay?
as someone who is part of the social media world prime is in, he won't draw the crowds that former afl players will. too young to remember fev playing for every side in the state but currently watching swanny do it as well as the carlton draft series. they draw crowds for their established names having been on tv playing so well for so long. kids won't go watch prime over say buckley or jono brown

Rumours circulating that Isaac Smith will play a handful of games for Corowa Rutherglen this season and will be joined by his former Hawthorn teammate for a one off game with that player being none other than Lance Buddy Franklin!

Haha Barrett’s club ceased to exist. He lives in Wang. Which Wang club will I play for? Magpies was the choice.
Know for a fact there’s a few blokes at Rovers that wished they’d chosen differently after they’ve seen the difference in cultures.
Cattapan only went to Rovers because there was no room for him at Magpies. He will fill his pockets and leave. That’s the rovers way

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Put Mcdonagh on the list of ones who went to rovers because wang couldn’t fit him

Rumours circulating that Isaac Smith will play a handful of games for Corowa Rutherglen this season and will be joined by his former Hawthorn teammate for a one off game with that player being none other than Lance Buddy Franklin!
I wouldn't think so

Put Mcdonagh on the list of ones who went to rovers because wang couldn’t fit him
0 from 2 for you knackers. As if to prove my point I popped past the WJ Findlay to watch a bit of training tonight and bugger me there was Cody Schutt running around and training. The hamster has well and truly had a stroke on your ‘rumour mill’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of it no matter who the player - wtf do you say to the kid who gets dropped for a *in circus act?

So TRUE,, The Fev did so much not for just Yarra but for the O&M and footy in the entire region.. I hear he gave up so much of his time around the district and schools promoting the game ,, it was made clear he was on 5k a game and the home and away game against Myrtlefordat Myrtleford, whom were in dire straights financially drew a gate of some 40k and he even donated his 5k match payment to the club ..( not sure how correct this is figure wise but still ) I also heard he donated one week his 5k match payment to the Royal Childrens Hospital !!!

Gotta say from my prior post the Little Master be it Craig Ednie was around then ,, a lot of publicity about him as a player etc,, great clubman and great playing record,, but you know what I played against his dad be it Russell Ednie and boy was he a good player for Yarra for many years ,, one of the first picked come the team for the O & M come the country championships time.

0 from 2 for you knackers. As if to prove my point I popped past the WJ Findlay to watch a bit of training tonight and bugger me there was Cody Schutt running around and training. The hamster has well and truly had a stroke on your ‘rumour mill’
You went and watched the culture kings training just to prove me wrong? Surely you’ve got better things to do!?
Isn’t it a hamster wheel and not a mill? I spin whatever bs I hear on job sites old mate, which is a lot.

You went and watched the culture kings training just to prove me wrong? Surely you’ve got better things to do!?
Isn’t it a hamster wheel and not a mill? I spin whatever bs I hear on job sites old mate, which is a lot.
Shut your bloody trap before I close it for you. I get a strong whiff of Milawa FC from you, still bloody reeling you weren’t good enough.

Considering the nights O&M trains, did it ever occur to anyone that a few O&K clubs may train on a different night and Schutty might just be getting some extra run in the legs?

I know i let the cat out of the bag (without mentioning his name) a few weeks back, but maybe he has been given some reassurance in the trajectory of our great club.

As a person, i dont think payments were ever his issue, so one can only presume something within the workings of the club may have upset him. Still to early for a player of his calibre to drop off to a lower standard and when he does i can only see him going to coach as a player. Carries himself well and is well liked across the region

In mentioning the Fev and the Ednies at Yarra ,, I must say how good was the Les Salty Parish ,, what a player .
Memories here but I remember also playing against a young Robbie Walker ,, geez did I see a gun there ,, so 12 B & F s later for the Rovers and 5 Morris Medals ,, I mean your kidding ,, what a player

Yeah why not? Isn’t it better to get facts first hand than to regurgitate the dribble you heard the apprentice that has just necked his 3rd can of Mother before smoko as your own hot scoop?

And maybe my reference to the hamster was a bit too highbrow for you. Mills were traditionally powered by water wheels cobber. Been a good day for you. You’ve been given a bit of footy news and a bit of history as the steak knives

Yeah why not? Isn’t it better to get facts first hand than to regurgitate the dribble you heard the apprentice that has just necked his 3rd can of Mother before smoko as your own hot scoop?

And maybe my reference to the hamster was a bit too highbrow for you. Mills were traditionally powered by water wheels cobber. Been a good day for you. You’ve been given a bit of footy news and a bit of history as the steak knives
Lucky you are here keeping everyone honest and making sure there is no bs.
Always happy to be set straight, and learn a thing or 2.
I’m still interested in Mcdonaghs connection to Rovers, maybe you could enlighten me?

Fevola is the best thing to happen to the league for the last 20 years. Kicked bulk goals, drew a crowd and put on a show.
Watched him v north albury R18 to was on about 95 goals, clearly injured but stayed on and kicked his 100th on the 4th. Gave people what they wanted to see.
Also continued to sign autographs for kids until the end of the game.
Also bought the hopper boys a slab of beer for the bus home.

You have to be a special kind of player to do those one off games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back