Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

See Wang Rovers may have recruited a guy by the name of Michael Manteit from Southport ( NEAFL ) ....he is a gun , won Southports best & fairest and was named in the NEAFL team of the year.... if he has gone to the Rovers , watch out for him .

See Wang Rovers may have recruited a guy by the name of Michael Manteit from Southport ( NEAFL ) ....he is a gun , won Southports best & fairest and was named in the NEAFL team of the year.... if he has gone to the Rovers , watch out for him .
Sounds like a great pick up. I’ve said it a few times though, Rovers won’t be able to fit everyone in to their side each week. They were leaving players out last year and have recruited more 4 and 5 pointers this year. There are plenty of locals but it doesn’t take much to break the points cap.

As a lot of clubs have found out, spending huge amounts of money to compete for success isn’t the long term solution for sustained success. Yes I agree they needed to change and bring in some players, but they are already driving away locals and once the money well dries up, which won’t be too far around the corner, they will find themselves in a pretty bad position. Club culture is key to success and the rovers definitely need to improve that before any sort of success would follow

Don't think they will see too much of him, think rovers are second club behind Williamstown I tjink

Corowa Rutherglen will improve on last season , the two roosters and Parker up forward should give the Roos the fire power to kick A winning score most weeks, not to mention the Wilson brothers will further strengthen their midfield and ability to give the forwards opportunities

The response of Albury to tomorrow's front page will be very interesting. To totally disrespect those towns after all they have been through is nothing short of a disgrace. Very high profile players at the centre of this yet again. We will watch this space.

The response of Albury to tomorrow's front page will be very interesting. To totally disrespect those towns after all they have been through is nothing short of a disgrace. Very high profile players at the centre of this yet again. We will watch this space.

Please elaborate for those not in the region but keen local footy followers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only have they behaved poorly and disrespectful but the fact they caused other campers to leave and potentially cause them to not want to camp there again would cost that caravan park even more money after they would’ve lost a ton over the previous 6 weeks. The club should be absolutely filthy with those responsible.

Name and shame

two players they can't afford to lose probably in the top 4 and its not Ohara or dalysx2
And if they were fair dinkum they would get rid of them

two players they can't afford to lose probably in the top 4 and its not Ohara or dalysx2

O’Hara has a history of making a dill of himself on the gas doesn’t he?

As do I...before anyone takes issue

Last edited:
Name and shame
Firstly Roota, I headed off for night shift after I posted, hence no response in regards to what happened. If you go to Border Mail facebook page, you will get a pretty good understanding of the public's response and what happened. In regards to naming and shaming, I along with many others know who the main culprits are, but I trust the footy club will release information about sanctions and who it was. I won't name them, but it wouldn't take much to dig up.

I’m hearing one is off to his former Club.
A new Recruit and an ex AFL Player also involved.
I could be wrong on the second line but I’ve heard the first line from quite a few people

Has Powell been sacked by Albury? Id be shocked if they let him go to dederang he is there best player

Also what are people’s thoughts on him being the only player named in the border mail articles ? I personally think it’s a disgrace one bloke didn’t get a football club kicked out of a caravan park, the other players need to be named I think it was a grab at a headline and Xavier Mardling should be disappointed with himself for that piece of joursnalism nobody from the club mentioned Elliot was Xavier himself who wrote his name

Has Powell been sacked by Albury? Id be shocked if they let him go to dederang he is there best player

Also what are people’s thoughts on him being the only player named in the border mail articles ? I personally think it’s a disgrace one bloke didn’t get a football club kicked out of a caravan park, the other players need to be named I think it was a grab at a headline and Xavier Mardling should be disappointed with himself for that piece of joursnalism nobody from the club mentioned Elliot was Xavier himself who wrote his name

Hang on a second, you’re hooking into Xave for naming Powell , yet you want him to name the other “culprits”?! Jog on mate, people make mistakes and what satisfaction would you get from them being named anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back