Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

GCS Out: Pick 71 & future 3rd tied to Cats (basically middle 50’s pick)
GCS in: Pies pick 50 this year.

Cats In: Ollie, future 2nd tied to swans, future 3rd tied to cats & future 4th tied to Pies.
Cats out: Future 1st round pick & pick 25.

Swans in: pick 25 from cats.
Swans out: Future 2nd round pick.

Pies in: Cats future first round pick & pick 71 from GCS this year.
Pies out: Ollie, pick 50 this year & future 4th.

This gives Suns 3 picks in top 50 this year. Better than their 3rd pick being pick 71.

Cats get a full compliment of picks next year except their 1st round pick and Ollie. The actually get a 2nd round pick next year, which they lost.

Swans get 3 picks in the top 25 (27) this year whilst giving up a likely 30+ pick next year.

Pies get the first round pick for Ollie & pick 71 from GCS (won’t be used). Pies lose Ollie & couple of picks they won’t use.
Looks good to me.

Personally, I think if the Cats weren't willing to pay a first round pick for somebody who the whole industry, and the vast majority of their supporters at the beginning of trade week thought was worth a first round pick, they should have told that kid that we can't do it this year. It's piss poor business dealings.

Looks good to me.

Personally, I think if the Cats weren't willing to pay a first round pick for somebody who the whole industry, and the vast majority of their supporters at the beginning of trade week thought was worth a first round pick, they should have told that kid that we can't do it this year. It's piss poor business dealings.
We didn't say we could either, as his manager said - there was a lot of water to go under the bridge and he wasn't the Cats first priority.

Definitely not trading out pick 18 next year.

I'd be more than happy with any result that f*cks over the Pies. Hell I'd be cheering on our list mge team to pick him up just to see the melts from the flying rats seeing him wearing a navy blue guernsey before he requests a trade home 12 months later
I’m still laughing at you nuffys going out in the last rd 🤣
That’s fkng a team over

Everyone needs to hold their horses here a bit and that man.. don't you reckon it's a bit overdressed Ollie would come out and actually say that.. it's galoot like man.. reaks of Geelong actually rating him highly man. I reckon Geelong would get as jumpy as a wallaby if they can't offload their P25 to get him across the Nullarbor.

The ball might actually be in the GDub's court here I reckon and that.. I reckon if he sits tight a bit and that.. chillaxes a bit and that.. we might actually see something like a split of P16 & Ollie for P7 and the Madge as the sweetener mate. Not beyond the realms of possibility here man.. I tell ya.

I'm very comfortable in saying that if Collingwood don't get the pick they require for Henry, he stays. There is no way Collingwood will offload him and hand Geelong a one way win.

He’ll offload himself Collingwood have no say. Btw thanks for taking Hopper and delivering us p7 and Henry 😘

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very comfortable in saying that if Collingwood don't get the pick they require for Henry, he stays. There is no way Collingwood will offload him and hand Geelong a one way win.

again with this, like many have said henry and his management had contract offers and were looking to erxtend throughout the year. the offers were underwhleming and thats how we got here. so why would all of a sudden he just accepts a lower contract and play in the vfl, why not go somewhere else and get paid more and in the first team?

Todays the day the Pies roll over.
Today's the day that the newly promoted kid on the block realises that it's not fantasy football and the bold new trading strategy he's convinced his club to go with has to actually get Henry home or he loses credibility with his bosses.
And it's not just his reputation within the club at stake. If he leaves Ollie in limbo, it damages the newly created Falcon's pipeline, as all those kids they woo from early teenage years expect the Cats to uphold their end of the bargain and get them home when they make the call.

IMHO as a neutral Henry is worth around pick 20-26. I can see why collingwood feel 25 is a little short, but at the end of the day he wasn't in their best 22 come finals, so you cant expect overs.
How often are marking forwards automatic selections in their first two years - particularly in a top 4 team?

Today's the day that the newly promoted kid on the block realises that it's not fantasy football and the bold new trading strategy he's convinced his club to go with has to actually get Henry home or he loses credibility with his bosses.
And it's not just his reputation within the club at stake. If he leaves Ollie in limbo, it damages the newly created Falcon's pipeline, as all those kids they woo from early teenage years expect the Cats to uphold their end of the bargain and get them home when they make the call.
So what you're saying is... Either way Pick 25 is gonna get used. Ok got it.

With 100% certainty this deal doesn't get done. The Cats won't offer pick 7 for O Henry and pick 16. The Pies won't accept pick 25 nor should they. The Cats this trade period are trying to win every trade to love 25 wouldn't be to love but no doubt it needs to be a better offer.

They can just send 27 to us. I doubt they would send 25 if they accept it for Henry, it is why they want more
they get to keep pick 27 which is 11 place down grade on Henry but also pick up Mitchell into an area that they really need its a net gain, as opposed to losing Henry for nothing and taking a big loss.

With 100% certainty this deal doesn't get done. The Cats won't offer pick 7 for O Henry and pick 16. The Pies won't accept pick 25 nor should they. The Cats this trade period are trying to win every trade to love 25 wouldn't be to love but no doubt it needs to be a better offer.

25 will get it done in the ND

Cats out: future 1st, pick 25
Cats in: Ollie, Sydney’s future 2nd

Sydney out: Future 2nd
Sydney in: pick 25

Pies out: Ollie
Pies in: Cats future 1st

We cant trade our fr1 unless we trade in an fr2 fr3 and fr4 so thats not legal.
I doubt we would do it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back