Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong can't give up future first. Henry is worth it, but if Geelong can't use it there isn't much they can do. And they aren't going to use pick 7, that is obvious.

So really, it comes down to Pick 25 or he stays. Thats the rub, essentially.

Collingwood don't have to make this trade happen at worst we lose him which honestly pick 25 which would be like 28/29 after Academy and F/S its really a nothing pick, most collingwood supporters would rather let him walk.

You guys have been working on him for at least 2 years, most Cat supporters have said for 2 years (some since draft night) that you would get Henry once he was out of contract, It's not like this has just come about, Geelong have known they need make this happen for 12 weeks at least.

Maybe, but I think bridges have probably been burned at this point and he'd probably go draft to be honest
Not sure. Seems mostly the comments are Ollie has no issues with Pies just wants to be home and play with Cats and Jack. if its explained to him Cats didnt have enough to give a fair price and Pies dont want to go under but it can be relooked at in 12 months I think both sides have the maturity to work with that.

Ollie has a good year for the Pies and if he still wants to go we send him off for say pick 14 or whatever rather than 25. That would work for everyone.

Geelong can't give up future first. Henry is worth it, but if Geelong can't use it there isn't much they can do. And they aren't going to use pick 7, that is obvious.

It does now the mega deal is done.
Port cant trade their fr2 (well its pies fr2 they now own) so all they can do is offer 33 for sav.
If we took that then the best we could offer for henry would be 25 and 33 for henry and a later pick.
I cant see us offering any futures for henry unless the bowes deal includes something none of us are predicting.

Not sure. Seems mostly the comments are Ollie has no issues with Pies just wants to be home and play with Cats and Jack. if its explained to him Cats didnt have enough to give a fair price and Pies dont want to go under but it can be relooked at in 12 months I think both sides have the maturity to work with that.

Ollie has a good year for the Pies and if he still wants to go we send him off for say pick 14 or whatever rather than 25. That would work for everyone.

Maybe potentially but that can also work the other way he might not be willing to stay if he doesnt think he will get games and if he doesnt he might have even less trade value next year. Its a gamble either way. Ultimately its henrys call if he is adamant he wont re-sign

The Pies hold firm on this trade.
Don’t give them a thing and be the start of the decline 👍🏽

Geelong have won 4 of their 10 flags in the past 15yrs out of 150 plus.
Had a purple patch of 2 groups come through simultaneously.

I agree. Why would he have issues? It looks like it has turned the corner after the Maguire/Buckley turmoil, has a great coach and a team that challenged the grand finalists.

Same way you traded in 25, you can trade for draft picks to accommodate for Henry. You can even split pick 7 - but I know none of it will happen because you don’t want him enough or you’re trying to force Collingwood to accept unders.

Trying to screw Collingwood by getting an uncontracted kid for unders. Not the rub - a royal screw.

What club would pick him up knowing he wants home? I don't think you thought that comment through.

Wants to go home LOL are you serious.

I'm sure Essendon can get him a car service to drive him back and forth from Geelong to Moorabbin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was Ollie there on B&F night mate.. why was Ollie there on B&F night mate.. he just happened to be on the cab savs at Crown and just thought he'd drop in to have a quick chin wag with the lads before the Fly the GDub and that went bonkers at him and told him to chuck a uey and get out and that man. Didn't see anyone get hot under the collar for him being there and that man. Any conchie would know that the relationship between the club and Ollie is still on a grouse level mate.. wouldn't have attended the B&F being as popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip that's for sure.. this whole Ollie and the club's relationship is over argument.. that's just all half arsed man.. c'mon man.... c'mon man.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I think bridges have probably been burned at this point and he'd probably go draft to be honest

I feel sorry for him. He looked like he wanted to find a place to hide in his first couple of senior games. And completely went to water this year in a game where he stuffed up some early chances, so much so that he didn't look like he wanted the ball in the second half. I just don't think he's mentally ready to go through the negativity and attention that has begun and will increase if this goes as pear-shaped as it's looking.

Maybe potentially but that can also work the other way he might not be willing to stay if he doesnt think he will get games and if he doesnt he might have even less trade value next year. Its a gamble either way. Ultimately its henrys call if he is adamant he wont re-sign
Of course it can go the other way but all clubs have to back their internal assessments. Currently Ollie would be considered worth more than the price we got him for. The whole thing about a 2nd year forward not being currently best 22 is a rubbish assessment. Both Pies and Geelong know he looks a long term very good player. He is developing fine for a 2nd year forward.

As such he will get better in 23 and is on a trajectory to play most games if not all. The safe bet is he will get better in 23 and thats what Collingwood would be smart to bank on. Geelong, naturally, want him now at 25 which they expect will look a bargain down the track. The daty we drafted Ollie I was worried about the go home factor. Geelong, as they should have been , will have been in his managers ear since that day. He will be a super pick up if you get him for 25.

Wants to go home LOL are you serious.

I'm sure Essendon can get him a car service to drive him back and forth from Geelong to Moorabbin.
Yep. He is a die hard Cats fan and his mum, dad and brother are lovely people. He knows all the boys and the staff down at the club, and he doesn't have to deal with people who have shit haircuts every day.

Of course it can go the other way but all clubs have to back their internal assessments. Currently Ollie would be considered worth more than the price we got him for. The whole thing about a 2nd year forward not being currently best 22 is a rubbish assessment. Both Pies and Geelong know he looks a long term very good player. He is developing fine for a 2nd year forward.

As such he will get better in 23 and is on a trajectory to play most games if not all. The safe bet is he will get better in 23 and thats what Collingwood would be smart to bank on. Geelong, naturally, want him now at 25 which they expect will look a bargain down the track. The daty we drafted Ollie I was worried about the go home factor. Geelong, as they should have been , will have been in his managers ear since that day. He will be a super pick up if you get him for 25.
The onus is on us to stay fast.
Why give in to appease anyone except the betterment of Collingwood?
Fck Geelong and to a degree the player.
American baseball they are cattle and NRL is not far behind.

Same way you traded in 25, you can trade for draft picks to accommodate for Henry. You can even split pick 7 - but I know none of it will happen because you don’t want him enough or you’re trying to force Collingwood to accept unders.

Trying to screw Collingwood by getting an uncontracted kid for unders. Not the rub - a royal screw.
You are right, we don't want him enough. The Pies can keep him. Sign him for two years. He will play good footy for you. He will improve. You might get a first rounder for him when he asks for a trade again.

Geelong aren't trying to screw anyone over. We went above and beyond losing draft capital in the Brisbane trade to try and improve what we could offer. But that is the best we can offer right now. He is not ahead of the Bowes and Bruhn trade, and not worth more than our desire to land Jye.

It was the best we had available at that point. What are you talking about?
It was a smartass move only to be followed up by giving gws what the pies were prepared to barter over.
Total disrespect to the Collingwood football club by a rookie.
Pick 18?
Geelong on a hubris trail my friend

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back