Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Allan could discuss homesickness with him when they cross paths & ask him what his favourite baby formula is.

Thank you. I panicked a bit. I wanted to express my depression about ollie. I lie awake at nights. I keep thinking there was something I should have done to keep him at the club...its all very painful.
You couldn't have helped - the call of some things was way too strong

Screenshot_20221216-114656~2.png

Maybe we could have offered him more hugs...or set up a bedroom for his mother in the AIA centre?
Less hugs a little more more hardman love

Dennis Banks type love, the kind of love Rhys-Jones received right on the kisser.

....or Pants Milane love, had Werner weak at the knees and all starry eyed

Less hugs a little more more hardman love

Dennis Banks type love, the kind of love Rhys-Jones received right on the kisser.

....or Pants Milane love, had Werner weak at the knees and all starry eyed

I'm not sure if that how his mum treats him... I think he'd like to cuddle up with his favourite blanket before the game...I wonder if anyone at the Pies ever offered to take him home to see his mother and grab his favourite blanket? It's the little things that establish the bonds of love..

He spoke more words there than he probably uttered in his entire time at Collingwood. I was of the belief that he lacked the power of speech, but he is almost garrulous in that interview.

I wouldn't demean myself by joining the hordes of Aussie tourists in Bali, but had I been there and spotted Henry, I'd have spent my holiday shadowing and harassing him, getting in his ear about the boys' plans to give him a more brutal version of the Ed Langdon treatment when they meet. I'd spike his drinks with LSD and pay the kitchen staff at restaurants to perform unsanitary acts while preparing his food. I'd sacrifice my holiday to give one for the team.

Words are easy of course, particularly given I would never again set foot on the island of Bali.

He spoke more words there than he probably uttered in his entire time at Collingwood. I was of the belief that he lacked the power of speech, but he is almost garrulous in that interview.

I wouldn't demean myself by joining the hordes of Aussie tourists in Bali, but had I been there and spotted Henry, I'd have spent my holiday shadowing and harassing him, getting in his ear about the boys' plans to give him a more brutal version of the Ed Langdon treatment when they meet. I'd spike his drinks with LSD and pay the kitchen staff at restaurants to perform unsanitary acts while preparing his food. I'd sacrifice my holiday to give one for the team.

Words are easy of course, particularly given I would never again set foot on the island of Bali.
Look here! They are Western (AFL sub-variant) thoughts - we're not into that stuff - please report yourself to an AFL Behavioural Compliance Officer for a spiritual cleansing.

1671242744137.png

Blessings

Last edited:

Remy might be looking for another travel partner....

Look here! They are Western (AFL sub-variant) thoughts - we're not into that stuff - please report yourself to an AFL Behavioural Compliance Officer for a spiritual cleansing.

View attachment 1574714

Blessings
If not for the tourists, I would like Bali. I am a bit of a sucker for Hindu religion and culture, and Bali's version is particularly charming.

If not for the tourists, I would like Bali. I am a bit of a sucker for Hindu religion and culture, and Bali's version is particularly charming.
Glad I first went to Bali many many moons ago. Stayed in a Losmen at Kuta with a charming local family - ultra cheap - thermos of tea and banana fritter outside room in morning.

Restaurants authentic and inexpensive. The Losmen family organised Babi Guling one night - to die for!

Major mistake was buying fruit platter from local girls on the roadside - I think the fruit was washed in the same ditch the pigs wallowed in.

Went back 4-5 years ago for a wedding - not the same. I think my Bali days are over.

Glad I first went to Bali many many moons ago. Stayed in a Losmen at Kuta with a charming local family - ultra cheap - thermos of tea and banana fritter outside room in morning.

Restaurants authentic and inexpensive. The Losmen family organised Babi Guling one night - to die for!

Major mistake was buying fruit platter from local girls on the roadside - I think the fruit was washed in the same ditch the pigs wallowed in.

Went back 4-5 years ago for a wedding - not the same. I think my Bali days are over.
I went there in 1981 and thought the hordes of Australians were the lowest common denominator of society I had ever come across in my travels. The only place in the world I have visited where young women (mainly Australian and German) went there to hook up with local men and swan around on the rear of their motorbikes. Never again I told myself and have stuck to it.

Also went to Java and was unimpressed by anything I saw there. The only truly enjoyable part was the best magic mushroom trip I have ever experienced at a seaside village called Parangtritis in Java, a magical spot with deserted paths leading to clifftops overlooking rough seas, complete with a local witch doctor in a cave at the base of the cliff. Problem was that the losmen owners thought you'd then want the mushrooms at every meal, including breakfast. Two nights and one trip was enough.

Glad I never learned Indonesian at school because the opportunities to use it in life would have been all but non existent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went there in 1981 and thought the hordes of Australians were the lowest common denominator of society I had ever come across in my travels. The only place in the world I have visited where young women (mainly Australian and German) went there to hook up with local men and swan around on the rear of their motorbikes. Never again I told myself and have stuck to it.

Also went to Java and was unimpressed by anything I saw there. The only truly enjoyable part was the best magic mushroom trip I have ever experienced at a seaside village called Parangtritis in Java, a magical spot with deserted paths leading to clifftops overlooking rough seas, complete with a local witch doctor in a cave at the base of the cliff. Problem was that the losmen owners thought you'd then want the mushrooms at every meal, including breakfast. Two nights and one trip was enough.

Glad I never learned Indonesian at school because the opportunities to use it in life would have been all but non existent.
Was there before 1981- peaceful and civilised to the best of my recollection

Was there before 1981- peaceful and civilised to the best of my recollection
By comparison in 1981, Phuket was just dirt roads leading to cheap guest houses on the beach and Chaweng beach on Koh Samui was also a collection of cheap beach huts clustered around equally cheap restaurants. Phuket's vegetation has been decimated since and has to be my least favourite, and the most expensive place, in Thailand, filled with tourists and expats, while Samui is similar except they sensibly left most of the coconut trees and restricted building heights. Russians (many renting longer term to avoid military service) are by far the biggest tourist and expat group in Phuket followed by Indians.

Another reason I would never go back to Bali is that the president who executed the 3 Bali 9 members is still in power.

Not that any of this concerns Oliver Henry, unless he is holidaying in some resort in one of these places.

I went in 98, thought it was awful. Didn’t mind Ubud though.

Wouldn’t have thought that magic mushrooms and cliff tops would be a healthy combination.

i went to ubud a couple of years ago..... they still talk about you there. I think the monkees are still looking for you every morning...
I taught those Monkeys to fetch beer for me.
I was like a god.

By comparison in 1981, Phuket was just dirt roads leading to cheap guest houses on the beach and Chaweng beach on Koh Samui was also a collection of cheap beach huts clustered around equally cheap restaurants. Phuket's vegetation has been decimated since and has to be my least favourite, and the most expensive place, in Thailand, filled with tourists and expats, while Samui is similar except they sensibly left most of the coconut trees and restricted building heights. Russians (many renting longer term to avoid military service) are by far the biggest tourist and expat group in Phuket followed by Indians.

Another reason I would never go back to Bali is that the president who executed the 3 Bali 9 members is still in power.

Not that any of this concerns Oliver Henry, unless he is holidaying in some resort in one of these places.

So you go to well known tourist meccas and then get surprised that they end up being tourist meccas...

I taught those Monkeys to fetch beer for me.
I was like a god.

You know that they even mimick you as a sign of respect?........ they turn their backs on tourists and stick their asses at them....then they go and steal stuff off them.

Evidently before you arrived, the monkees used to help old ladies across the road...

You know that they even mimick you as a sign of respect?........ they turn their backs on tourists and stick their asses at them....then they go and steal stuff off them.

Evidently before you arrived, the monkees used to help old ladies across the road...
Wait until you see what they are going to do to Henry.
They don’t like traitors

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back