Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012

BINGO - as they say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" you can't force someone into taking it and by the way this was handled no club had a chance with Ross anyway.

You can't control what other people do

Don't make a rushed move out of panic guys and it will be alright

Mate if you don't lead the horse in the first place you will never know if it would have drunk or not....

Seriously people, this is the exact BS attitude that got us into this situation in the first place both on and off the field. We need some mongrel...we need to at least have a go...be aggressive, make offers early and yes, we can't make the horse drink but if we don't try then we are guaranteed that the horse won't drink....

Mate if you don't lead the horse in the first place you will never know if it would have drunk or not....

Seriously people, this is the exact BS attitude that got us into this situation in the first place both on and off the field. We need some mongrel...we need to at least have a go...be aggressive, make offers early and yes, we can't make the horse drink but if we don't try then we are guaranteed that the horse won't drink....
99% of all negotiations these days with a coach, you go through their management first...how's it Melboune's fault Ross & Freo were the 1% You guys like Adelaide and the Bulldogs had NO chance. Every Person in the AFL didn't see it coming - why should Melboune be different

Plus it would of been criminal to try and to match 7.5 mil offer for a coach who let's face it had his premiership chances and fluffed it thanks to his game plan.

Like the other post said - some things aren't always that simple. And just because your not informed every second on it doesn't mean nothing is happening.

With the due respect if you use R.Lyon as a reason to bag your clubs ruthlessness or lack there of well your no better than those trolls on the main board because NO ONE saw it coming.

Don't HAVE to be agressive.....you just have to be smart

99% of all negotiations these days with a coach, you go through their management first...how's it Melboune's fault Ross & Freo were the 1% You guys like Adelaide and the Bulldogs had NO chance. Every Person in the AFL didn't see it coming - why should Melboune be different

Plus it would of been criminal to try and to match 7.5 mil offer for a coach who let's face it had his premiership chances and fluffed it thanks to his game plan.

Like the other post said - some things aren't always that simple. And just because your not informed every second on it doesn't mean nothing is happening.

With the due respect if you use R.Lyon as a reason to bag your clubs ruthlessness or lack there of well your no better than those trolls on the main board because NO ONE saw it coming.

I am not sure that you are understanding what I am saying and I am not sure why you keep posting on our board all of the time - do you want to become a member of the Dees like me? :eek:

All I am saying is that the MFC should not sit back and wait. They should have done a hell of a lot more by now than having had an "initial chat". Freo went hard and got their man and that fact really hoses down your argument.

In all seriousness, have you ever been involved in big dollar commercial negotiations because it doesn't sound like it...

No I haven't but I don't think most on these boards have either

I'm saying you can't use RLyon as a guide as who is or isn't being ruthless and that I think being smart is a better way to go. Going aggressive to the wrong person isn't going to help either. Freo did this WAY before any other club even thought of the idea so no amount of aggression was going to sway Lyon

As for posting here - I did post that in your newbies thread but shall give you the short answer....if you can't/ won't post in your own board as they are trolls in lions clothing, wouldn't you go your next team? I talk to real lions fans all the time just they are not on bigfooty. If we can't do anything on the field (lets face it's been crap) I'd like to see you guys do well.

Besides why would you go on the main board - it's worse than Bay 13

PS Im no Tom Scully

I believe in Gazza. I have this feeling Jim Stynes made this plea to M.Malthouse a few weeks ago. MM told Eddie Mac I want out to coach The Dees and all will be revealed as soon as The Pies season is over.

Melb facilties shits all over any other clubs and the fact he loves the AAMI park
MM has always mentioned The Dees any time he can in the past 12 months.
Best young list, thinks Dees with be top 8, Dees can win the flag one day..I think he loves us.
Theres alot of things that is making me believe however as we learnt last night the coaching Merri-go-round can throw surprises from no where.

I am not sure that you are understanding what I am saying and I am not sure why you keep posting on our board all of the time - do you want to become a member of the Dees like me? :eek:

All I am saying is that the MFC should not sit back and wait. They should have done a hell of a lot more by now than having had an "initial chat". Freo went hard and got their man and that fact really hoses down your argument.

In all seriousness, have you ever been involved in big dollar commercial negotiations because it doesn't sound like it...

How naive are you? Do you really think Garry, Schwab and co are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day?

There would be PLENTY going on behind the scenes.

How naive are you? Do you really think Garry, Schwab and co are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day?

There would be PLENTY going on behind the scenes.

How stupid are you? Garry said he hadn't spoken or approached Ross Lyon and had only had an "initial chat" to a couple of candidates.

That is what has got me concerned.....we have been looking for a coach for a couple of months and that is what he is telling the MFC members he has done in that time? If he is not being honest and he has done more then why not say that the committees progress is going along as planned and Ross Lyon was never part of those plans...don't say we haven't even spoken to him and have only had some initial chats with a couple of prospects....

No I haven't but I don't think most on these boards have either

I'm saying you can't use RLyon as a guide as who is or isn't being ruthless and that I think being smart is a better way to go. Going aggressive to the wrong person isn't going to help either. Freo did this WAY before any other club even thought of the idea so no amount of aggression was going to sway Lyon

As for posting here - I did post that in your newbies thread but shall give you the short answer....if you can't/ won't post in your own board as they are trolls in lions clothing, wouldn't you go your next team? I talk to real lions fans all the time just they are not on bigfooty. If we can't do anything on the field (lets face it's been crap) I'd like to see you guys do well.

Besides why would you go on the main board - it's worse than Bay 13

PS Im no Tom Scully

When did I say I was using Ross Lyon as a guide? I am basing my opinion on Garry Lyons statement that he hadn't approached Ross Lyon and had only had an initial chat with a couple of prospects....I mean seriously, how long has it been since Bailey was sacked and that's all he says he's done! As an MFC member I find that alarming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he have to spill all the beens to the media though?

Mijhaa has it bang on I think MM to Melb lock it in Ed

So that's why I think he hasn't been approached - Dees have their man

Does he have to spill all the beens to the media though?

Mijhaa has it bang on I think MM to Melb lock it in Ed

So that's why I think he hasn't been approached - Dees have their man

If he has done more then why publically state that he has done nothing? As I said above why not say that the committee's plans are coming along well and Ross Lyon was not part of them? It doesn't make any sense at all to say he has done nothing if he has progressed plans well. And every one on this forum is basing their opinion that Lyon has done more on nothing but mere speculation and the hope that he actually has done more....How can another posted be "bang on" when they are basing their opinion on absolutely no factual information?

Didn't they say that about R.Lyon CA

and Mighty - everyone that as a opinion has done so on speculation and what we see, hear and read

I may or may be wrong about who I guess it will be but I do think they have someone either in mind or done deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back