Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

whats this under 22 thing is like an interleague side or is it just something getting thrown around on this thread whens the cut off point for under 22 start of season or start of year like is the norm for these things

Missing the last few years you think undercover. Didnt Euroa make a grand final 2 years ago, so I owuld say they were playing as team to make a grand final. Its not to hard to see who is standing behind the goals at one end when you are playing at full back champ, pretty easy to do in fact, especially when the ball is at the other end of the ground. Maybe you cant do this, but alot of senior players can. Hayden was injured last week, you did state that he left the ground early the week before, so surely your smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. I think he should be back on the field this week. The write up wasnt that big compared to other articles that have appeared in the shep news last week.

When are you due back from your injury?

a couple of years before you arrived in the goulburn valley, the shepp swans tried to do the same thing, and from what i read in the papers it may be happening again, imports! and from what i seen of euroa the last two years these blokes play the game amongst themselves, and exclude blokes in the team. And then from what ive seen then fighting occurs.
Would you agree there has been a bit of fighting there the past few years amonst players?
Shoulder is good and am back this week with the aid of mad mick and 40 rolls of elastoplast and don't think it will move very far at all.

SEYMOUR
B: Stevenson, Inness, Jake Anderson
HB: Meiselbach, Colbert, O'Keefe
C: Reid, Scanlon, Pemberton
HF: Spargo, J. Anderson, VanReit
F: Rosso, Saad, Schottner
Foll: Kelly, Liddell, Haberman
Inter: Tomkins, Judge-Williams, Salakowski

MOOROOPNA
B: Boyer, Connally, Marks
HB: McDonald, Hall, LaPorta
C: Atkinson, Tweddle, Russell
HF: Aloi, Hughan, Parsons
F: Robbins, Osborne, Warnett
Foll: Norman, Bl Campbell, Cox
Inter: Hopkins, Sofi, Gemmill
In: Hall
Out: Collyer

SWANS
B: Uebergang, Looby, May
HB: Barton, B. Ryan, S. Ryan
C: Lanyon, Bell, Baker
HF: McCarty, White, Gibbs
F: Rachele, Dundovic, Hare
Foll: F: Veale, Yze, Hackett
Inter: Wilson, Montgomery, Byrt
Emerg: Henery
In: Wilson, Uebergang
Out: Hebbard, Henery

EUROA
B: Wilson, Shelton, McBrien
HB: Lamaro, Pascoe, Watson
C: Sleigh, S. Clayton, Bamford
HF: Morphett, Hyatt, King
F: Jansz, Grainger, Hobbs
Foll: Clarke, M. Clayton, Cunningham
Inter: Robertson, Saville, Ivill
In: Sleigh, Lamaro
Out: Giovanini, Powell

SHEPPARTON
B: Hiscock, Saunders, L. Chapman
HB: T. Cullinan, Jacques, Taylor
C: Turner, B. Chapman, Campbell
HF: Mellington, M. Chapman, C. Cullinan
F: Maddison, Bekker, Joyce
Foll: Harrap, Allan, O'Brien
Inter: Pullen, Dudgeon, Thorsen

TATURA
B: Dagger, Anderson, Flanagan
HB: Chessells, Brun, Burns
C: MacGibbon, Crawford, Borelli
HF: Thorn, Chivers, Kay
F: Pollard, Kliensdienst, Gledhill
Foll: Little, J. Barnett, Neville
Inter: Coe, Davidson, C. Barnett

BENALLA
B: Fahey, Levy, J. Rockliff
HB: Stott, Cooper, Pollard
C: Priest, Polwarth, Green
HF: Symes, Stevens, Gallagher
F: T. Rockliff, MacKenzie, Croxford
Foll: Porter, Priest, Cole
Inter: McKenzie, Ashton, Aumann
Emerg: DeFazio

UNITED
B: Bailey, Hazelman, Tenace
HB: Rendina, Carroll, Davies
C: Briggs, Perkovic, Bingham
HF: Saville, Hueston, Forys
F: Round, McLarty, Dawes
Foll: Sutherland, Barlow, Gibson
Inter: Black, Smith, Wood
Emerg: Cook, Wright, Sidebottom
In: Saville
Out: Daniels

MANSFIELD
B: Lockhart, Trewhella, Trenfield
HB: Roy, Smith, Mahoney
C: Storer, Stevenson, Chapman
HF: Blunt, Taylor, Boshevski
F: Herridge, Browne, Purcell
Foll: T. Hotton, C. Hotton, Millott
Inter: McCaughey, Alcaniz, Warren
In: Stevenson, McCaughey, Blunt
Out: Mahoney, Jones, Saunders

KYABRAM
B: Andison, Vick, Kelly
HB: Burnett, Kirkman, Mangan
C: Croxford, Finn, Martin
HF: Emmett, Morgan, Cooper
F: Finn, Newman, Casey
Foll: Jones, Pell, Thomson
Inter: Chambers, Hunter, Pryde

ECHUCA
B: Welch, Sutton, Maddox
HB: Halloran, Prendergast, X. Campbell
C: McKittrick, Crossman, Deledio
HF: J. Campbell, Kennaugh, Butler
F: Guinan, Murphy, Gregor
Foll: Edgar, Durie, Dohnt
Inter: Kervin, Casey, Agg

ROCHESTER
B: K. Oliver, M. Watson, Pappin
HB: Palmer, Whitshed, Hyden
C: Loughman, H. Aitken, Knight
HF: Hann, Bowen, Whipp
F: Cuttriss, McPhee, Lobb
Foll: Anderson, A. Watson, D. Moon
Inter: Cavalaro, Tuohey, C. Moon

a couple of years before you arrived in the goulburn valley, the shepp swans tried to do the same thing, and from what i read in the papers it may be happening again, imports! and from what i seen of euroa the last two years these blokes play the game amongst themselves, and exclude blokes in the team. And then from what ive seen then fighting occurs.
Would you agree there has been a bit of fighting there the past few years amonst players?
Shoulder is good and am back this week with the aid of mad mick and 40 rolls of elastoplast and don't think it will move very far at all.

Well you definately need to get your eyes examined. As I said, Euroa made a Grand Final 2 years ago, so obviously no fighting that year. I totally disagree with you in regards to fighting within the team. How can they play the game amongst themselves when there is 18 players on a footy ground?

enough is enough
as a casual observer of this forum and in particular your posts undercover you force me to respond
I have to say buddy it is not the Euroa footy clubs fault that you are not up to playing senior GV footy.
So get over it-- move on -- and direct your energies to enjoying playing the standard you are attempting now
If we dont have ïmports"the considerable number of kids from the district that are capable of playing in a major league comp would have to go to elsewhere and Euroa go into a district league
The vast majority of people involved with the club find that prospect unacceptable
As far as you questioning the contribution of the guys from out of town who have played here over the last decade I would suggest their contribution(both on and off the field) has been far greater than their detractors - including yours.
So please undercover try and keep your insecurities to yourself !!

Matty Bell will stop talking crap about your former club and concentrate on getting a kick at your new club in the KDFL. Everyone knows why you left and it wasnt that lame excuse you gave the playing group. The real reason why you left the club is because you got dropped for the reserves finals last year. Matty Bell you have always been a hack on the footy field and always will be. Have fun playing for VT this year and it would be very funny if you got dropped from their finals team this year, should they make it.

Duff Man says.....KA-POW!....Oooohhh Yeah :cool:

(Think you just been K.O'd undercover)

Matty Bell will stop talking crap about your former club and concentrate on getting a kick at your new club in the KDFL. Everyone knows why you left and it wasnt that lame excuse you gave the playing group. The real reason why you left the club is because you got dropped for the reserves finals last year. Matty Bell you have always been a hack on the footy field and always will be. Have fun playing for VT this year and it would be very funny if you got dropped from their finals team this year, should they make it.
Keep going at it boys,more fighting means more hacks coming
our way CHEERS :thumbsu:

People on here are well versed on my thoughts on Trewhella.

A fat head that looks a lot older, but I do remember his 21st last year (sort of).

He would just about be captain of an under 22 side .. probably along with Nick Allen.

Here's a quick go at one .. No Bench and not all clubs represented because i don't know there sides too well and remember I'm in Tassie and haven't seen much GV for a while.

So open slather.

B: Mahoney (mans), Carroll (utd), Roy (mans)

HB: Looby (swa), (c)Trewhella (mans), Lanyon (swa)

C: R Preist (ben), Barlow (utd), W Martinello (ben)

HF: M Chapman (bears), F Priest (ben), Hiscock (bears)

FF: Millott (Mans) , Neville (tat) , Rendina (utd)

Foll: Browne (mans), (vc) Allen (Bears), Sheahan (mans),

Just had a look at the under 22's side thought i would post a few names from some shepp district clubs that could be eligable?

BEARS
Cullinan
M. Chapman
D. McIntyre

SWANS
Looby
Hackett
Hebbard
Montgomery (How old is he?)

UNITED
Barlow
Normington
Sidebottom (Again his age?)

MOOROOPNA
Tweedle
Hockey
Warnett
K. Boyer

TATURA
Crawford

Ok ill have a crack at this side now.. which is just an interest thing, no inter-league matches or that.

B:Carrol (Unt) Pappin (Roch) Joyce(ben)
HB:Ubergang(swa) Trewhella (Mans) Looby(swa)
C:Van Reit (sey) Hann(roch) Anderson (Seymour)
HF:Crawford(tat) Chapman (Shep) Lanyon(tat/swa)
FF:Montgomery(Swan) Dundovic(Swan) roy(mans)
R:Kenneugh(Ech) Barlow (Unt) Priest(ben)
INT: Kirkman(swan/ky) Montague(roch) Hiscock(shep) Cutriss(roch)

probably wanting guys in that have been developed in this league for more for either a few years or most of their careers.
so guys like mick hare, tweedle ive left out..
and also guys who are between 18 and 22, so left out guys like martinello and shehan.
also guys like tonizzo,kirkby,Bovalino and james martinello who have left the league this season miss..
and nick allens to old
if ive left anyone out, shout it out, also unsure with ricky joyce and pappins age, think they are both 22 though.
i believe this sides lacking a decent CHF and promonent ruckman, chapmans prob only a forward flanker, Kirkby would been the ideal choice at CHF. Possibly Van Shaik if he was still around too..
Solid backline though!

Fair call but in regards to williams and watts, they might not well known outside of the seymour footy club but are held in high regard by the coach and others around the club. A bit unfair on russo, won a 2's b&f last year in a good team and has done extremely well since being promoted to the 1's and i would say has played better in the first five games this year then G. Liddell did all last year in the same spot.

Dom Russo is an awesome player. Not sure I'd say he's done better in the first 5 games than Gezza though. They're different types of players. But it's been noticeable that one of the main areas Seymour has dropped off in this year is toughness. ie Mark Philling's agression. But also, Gezza's intensity. He was unbelievable at applying forward pressure, chasing opposition backmen down and keeping the ball in the forward line.
Luckily for Seymour the standard of the whole GV has dropped off this year. For the first 4 rounds they were able to get away with not applying so much pressure. But against United this was one area they were clearly exposed in.

i think benalla will be in good form tomorro with young gun in Farran Priest back in the side from vic try outs laast week, should turn it on!

:thumbsu: :D about time :D :thumbsu:

What was the reasons i gave to the footy club for leaving the footy club.
i know i aint the a gun footballer i never said i was. did i?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you have thrown my name out there why don't you throw your name out there, i am quite ok with pople havn a go at me thats what 90% of this forum is blokes havn ago at one another.
If you can quite easily give shit out and name names give us your name

Predictions for todays matches? Could be a few upseats with the recent rain bringing teams closer together, thoughts?

Ok ill have a crack at this side now.. which is just an interest thing, no inter-league matches or that.

B:Carrol (Unt) Pappin (Roch) Joyce(ben)
HB:Ubergang(swa) Trewhella (Mans) Looby(swa)
C:Van Reit (sey) Hann(roch) Anderson (Seymour)
HF:Crawford(tat) Chapman (Shep) Lanyon(tat/swa)
FF:Montgomery(Swan) Dundovic(Swan) roy(mans)
R:Kenneugh(Ech) Barlow (Unt) Priest(ben)
INT: Kirkman(swan/ky) Montague(roch) Hiscock(shep) Cutriss(roch)

probably wanting guys in that have been developed in this league for more for either a few years or most of their careers.
so guys like mick hare, tweedle ive left out..
and also guys who are between 18 and 22, so left out guys like martinello and shehan.
also guys like tonizzo,kirkby,Bovalino and james martinello who have left the league this season miss..
and nick allens to old
if ive left anyone out, shout it out, also unsure with ricky joyce and pappins age, think they are both 22 though.
i believe this sides lacking a decent CHF and promonent ruckman, chapmans prob only a forward flanker, Kirkby would been the ideal choice at CHF. Possibly Van Shaik if he was still around too..
Solid backline though!

Great side .. as i said i wasn't sure on a lot of people's ages when i named my side.

Didn't realise Van Reit, Pappin, Kirkman, ubergang and dundovic were that young.

Echuca 5.6 3.4 8.5 7.1 (23.16) d. Tatura 1.1 1.0 1.2 1.2 (4.5)
Goals
Echuca XAVIER CAMPBELL 5, ADRIAN DOHNT 3, COLIN DURIE 2, THOMAS MCKITTRICK 2, SEAN MURPHY 2, LEIGH DELEDIO 2, CRAIG SUTTON 1, BENJAMIN WELCH 1, CAIN GREGOR 1, LIAM GUINAN 1, LEIGH CROSSMAN 1, LUKE AGG 1, DYLAN BUTLER 1
Tatura JEREMY KLEINDIENST 2, PAUL NEVILLE 1, GREGORY CHIVERS 1
Best
Echuca ADRIAN DOHNT, COLIN DURIE, LEIGH CROSSMAN, XAVIER CAMPBELL, DYLAN BUTLER, CRAIG SUTTON
Tatura TIM LITTLE, PAUL NEVILLE, JASON DAGGER, JEREMY KLEINDIENST, ADAM MACGIBBON, SHANE KAY

Seymour 3.3 3.4 3.7 6.4 (15.18) d. Mansfield 1.3 2.0 3.1 0.3 (6.7)
Goals
Seymour SAAD SAAD 5, DOMINIC RUSSO 3, BRENDAN LIDDELL 2, JEFF ANDERSON 1, BERNARD HABERMAN 1, PAUL SCANLON 1, BRETT SPARGO 1, LUKE STEVENSON 1
Mansfield TRENT HOTTON 2, BEN MILLOTT 2, FRASER STEVENSON 1, MATT STORER 1
Best
Seymour MATTHEW O'KEEFE, JAKE ANDERSON, BRENT COLBERT, SAAD SAAD, BRENDAN LIDDELL, PAUL SCANLON
Mansfield WARREN SMITH, TRENT HOTTON, ADAM BOSHEVSKI, FRASER STEVENSON, ANDREW BROWNE, CAMERON HOTTON

Shepparton United 1.4 2.6 3.4 5.3 (11.17) d. Mooroopna 0.2 2.2 3.4 2.3 (7.11)
Goals
Shepparton United GRANT MCLARTY 3, MICHAEL BARLOW 2, RUSSELL GIBSON 2, DUANE HUESTON 2, JUSTIN DAVIES 1, MICHAEL WOOD 1
Mooroopna SAM LAPORTA 2, ROBERT OSBORNE 1, SHAUN ROBBINS 1, NICHOLAS ALOI 1, KANE ATKINSON 1, SHANE GEMMILL 1
Best
Shepparton United RUSSELL GIBSON, JUSTIN SUTHERLAND, MICHAEL BARLOW, SAM DAWES, DUANE HUESTON, SEAN TENACE
Mooroopna SAM LAPORTA, KANE ATKINSON, SHANE GEMMILL, SHAUN ROBBINS, GEOFF CONNALLY, NATHAN TWEDDLE

Shepparton Swans 3.3 5.5 11.2 5.7 (24.17) d. Rochester 2.1 2.3 1.4 3.0 (8.8)
Goals
Shepparton Swans JASON RACHELE 4, LUCAS WHITE 3, RAMADAN YZE 3, MATTHEW MCCARTY 3, HEATH BARTON 2, GLENN DUNDOVIC 2, JAMES HACKETT 1, TIM LANYON 1, NATHAN BELL 1, JONATHAN BYRT 1, KANE UEBERGANG 1, SHANE SALI 1, MARK BAKER 1
Rochester ANTHONY MCPHEE 2, NATHAN WHIPP 2, CLINT WHITSED 1, ASHLEY WATSON 1, NICK KNIGHT 1, PHILLIP LOBB 1
Best
Shepparton Swans NATHAN BELL, TIM LOOBY, LUCAS WHITE, MATTHEW MCCARTY, MICHAEL HARE, JOSHUA WILSON
Rochester BEN ANDERSON, ELLIOT BOWEN, ANTHONY MCPHEE, CLINT WHITSED, DYLAN CUTTRISS, SCOTT HANN

Euroa 4.2 2.3 8.3 3.2 (17.10) d. Shepparton 3.3 4.2 4.2 3.5 (14.12)
Goals
Euroa SCOTT GRAINGER 4, CRAIG BAMFORD 3, MARK JANSZ 3, HAYDEN LAMARO 2, HAROLD SLEIGH 1, DAVID KING 1, MARK CLAYTON 1, SHANE CLAYTON 1, ASHLY HOBBS 1
Shepparton ANTHONY MELLINGTON 3, MATT CHAPMAN 3, GLENN JOYCE 2, BRENT CHAPMAN 2, TYSON SAUNDERS 1, SIMON THORSEN 1, CHRIS TURNER 1, MATTHEW BEKKER 1
Best
Euroa SHANE CLAYTON, MARK CLAYTON, MARK JANSZ, BRADLEY CUNNINGHAM, ASHLY HOBBS, HAROLD SLEIGH
Shepparton JEREMY O'BRIEN, MATTHEW MADDISON, MATT CHAPMAN, MATTHEW CAMPBELL, SIMON THORSEN, NICHOLAS ALLAN

Benalla 7.3 4.1 5.1 6.4 (22.9) d. Kyabram 5.0 0.3 3.4 2.0 (10.7)
Goals
Benalla MARK MCKENZIE 11, JAMES ROCKLIFF 4, MATTHEW ASHTON 2, JACK GALLAGHER 2, FARRAN PRIEST 2, BRENDAN STEVENS 1
Kyabram PAUL NEWMAN 4, JOSH FINN 2, RYAN EMMETT 2, BRADY COOPER 1, THOMAS PRYDE 1
Best
Benalla MARK MACKENZIE, BRENDAN STEVENS, ANDREW POLWARTH, JAMES ROCKLIFF, BRADY GREEN, ADAM COLE
Kyabram THOMAS PRYDE, JOSH FINN, STEVEN THOMSON, BRADLEY MANGAN, RYAN EMMETT

Fair call but in regards to williams and watts, they might not well known outside of the seymour footy club but are held in high regard by the coach and others around the club. A bit unfair on russo, won a 2's b&f last year in a good team and has done extremely well since being promoted to the 1's and i would say has played better in the first five games this year then G. Liddell did all last year in the same spot.[/I]

Simple maths, if a side thats won the last two GV flags has blokes playing in the seniors that couldnt get a game when they were winning flags, then the team (comp) has slipped.
Williams would not get a game in a good KD team, he is lazy and doesnt chase defensively. Stop pumping his chest out like his brother and start pumping the klms out on the track.

When Dom has two premiership medals around his neck every body can stop hanging sh*t on Gezza. This site has gone to the dogs, U all talk absolute sH*t.

Well you definately need to get your eyes examined. As I said, Euroa made a Grand Final 2 years ago, so obviously no fighting that year. I totally disagree with you in regards to fighting within the team. How can they play the game amongst themselves when there is 18 players on a footy ground?

another win today boss how did the game unfold

Fair call but in regards to williams and watts, they might not well known outside of the seymour footy club but are held in high regard by the coach and others around the club. A bit unfair on russo, won a 2's b&f last year in a good team and has done extremely well since being promoted to the 1's and i would say has played better in the first five games this year then G. Liddell did all last year in the same spot.[/I]

Simple maths, if a side thats won the last two GV flags has blokes playing in the seniors that couldnt get a game when they were winning flags, then the team (comp) has slipped.
Williams would not get a game in a good KD team, he is lazy and doesnt chase defensively. Stop pumping his chest out like his brother and start pumping the klms out on the track.

When Dom has two premiership medals around his neck every body can stop hanging sh*t on Gezza. This site has gone to the dogs, U all talk absolute sH*t.

Whilst the competition standard may be a bit lower than the last couple of years, it's not simple maths at all to say a young bloke like Russo has only got a game because of that. Is it possible that he may have worked harder on his fitness, improved his football to find himself a spot in the side? Of course it is.

Remember, there were players on Brisbane's list that didn't play in their first flag but they made their way into the side the next year to play in the competition's best side.

Not sure if its absolute sh!t mate, im sure many people will say Gezza was probably a little lucky to get a gig in the senior grand final last year. His form throughout the year was below par for a guy with his roll, and dom russo got 40+ possy's and kicked 5 goals in numerous twos games late in the season, but the coaches wanted to stick with what they had.

Your point is valid, at the end of the day, Gezza got a senior medal, Dom didn't. But if you saw a large portion of the Seymours seniors and reserves last year, which it sounds as if you didn't, you would take back what you said.

Dom Russo would have played Seniors at 10 other clubs last year. And im sure if you get to see him play, you will re-think your opinion of the little guy.

FBP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad