Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Hope you can help me Shmurf. Has Heath Hopwood resigned with anyone in the Ams. I'm told that the Xavs have lost a fair few.

Not sure about Hopwood. His name hasnt been mentioned, but he may pop up in the next few weeks. Becasue of the drought there are a number of teams with low numbers at training so its hard to get a good measure of new recruits.

As for Xavs they have only lost Mollard and Lethlean, and gained McCarthy from Geelong and a younger Dimatina (not sure if there is a connection) and Purse has come back from Werribee. Should be a force again this year as per usual but I think it will be hard to stop them.

suppose with the thompson boys not playing this year and craig marsh not playing, they will need someone tough in the guts

Singh signed with Balranald in Central Murray League.
Xavier Campbell is it?, as far as I know he is going around again at Echuca
Just on Xavier Campbell, having followed Sturt in the sanfl most of my life just interested to know how X' has gone in the GV since coming from Sturt 1. Where has he been used 2. Has he played rep football 3. Is he a natural leader on & off the feild.
Would be interested in some thoughts....

Why wouldnt Euroa want him to play?

I was also told that you lick gorilla's bums.....:rolleyes:

Dont believe everyhting you hear numb nuts.

Exactly - why wouldn't they want him to play, especially when I have heard from a reliable source that their numbers are low (total of 28 in fact)

suppose with the thompson boys not playing this year and craig marsh not playing, they will need someone tough in the guts

I dont know about the thompson boys. As far as I know only one of them ever played footy and the other was a trainer. I think you mean the Thomson brothers. Get it right penis breath.

No matter what you say about Hayden, he is still a quality player that could cut any team apart with his skills and footy brain.

Keep up the sh it talking mate. You are only making a fool of yourself.

Exactly - why wouldn't they want him to play, especially when I have heard from a reliable source that their numbers are low (total of 28 in fact)

Well obviously that source isnt to good then sparra. As I trained in Euroa last Thursday night and they had 32 numbers on the training track and last night in Melbourne there were 13 players training. So not bad numbers if you ask me.

I also heard from a realiable source that you mum suck big fat elephant di cks.......

Do not ever bag the District Leagues. Poor form! Why do many people in the GVFL see themselves as being the next best thing to the AFL? Sure there are some great players in the GV, but I am sure district league teams could give many GV teams a scare and may even beat some of them. Look at teams like Stanhope when they were at their prime!

Agree with you people shouldn't be bagging the district leagues. But KDFL teams maybe beating some GV sides - let's not go overboard. Do you reckon Sandringham could beat Carlton?

Well obviously that source isnt to good then sparra. As I trained in Euroa last Thursday night and they had 32 numbers on the training track and last night in Melbourne there were 13 players training. So not bad numbers if you ask me.

I also heard from a realiable source that you mum suck big fat elephant di cks.......

That's not a very nice thing to say about my mum, god love her

And how many of the 32 numbers were thirds FOOTYTOSS

Agree with you people shouldn't be bagging the district leagues. But KDFL teams maybe beating some GV sides - let's not go overboard. Do you reckon Sandringham could beat Carlton?

looks like i agree with you tusken, tat last year were obviously last on the ladder but they still took it up to most teams and really had a crack but didnt get over the line, if they were to play a kdfl team tat would win for sure

(im using tat as the example beacause if a kdfl team cant beat the gvfl bottom team they cant beat any of the gvfl teams, no offense to tat)

Thanks for that. Apparently Singhy was going to sign up with Xavs but is CV isnt the best and he absolutely hates working.

Buy the sounds of things earns enough throughout the footy season to keep him satisfied.

When your as dumb as a door post, speak with a stutter and have a subzero work ethic - there are obviously not to many employment fields that a club can get you into.

All though Mooroopna at the time needed to raise profile and performance, i think Singh leaving the Cattery this year has come at a good time for both the club and player.

When your as dumb as a door post, speak with a stutter and have a subzero work ethic - there are obviously not to many employment fields that a club can get you into.

All though Mooroopna at the time needed to raise profile and performance, i think Singh leaving the Cattery this year has come at a good time for both the club and player.

i think FF will get covered at mooroopna anyways. maybe not by a player that will kick 90 goals like the big bear did but there are players that will fill the space.

i think FF will get covered at mooroopna anyways. maybe not by a player that will kick 90 goals like the big bear did but there are players that will fill the space.
Maybe even God's Country could fill the void!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane,
I never metioned Lancaster steal all of Kyabrams players, I did say half of the players that leave Ky go to Lancaster. I cant recall any player going to Lancaster that would actually assist Ky 1's in playing finals in the last 10 years, Maybe IQ? So I would never argue "Lanky steal all of ky's players once we bring them thru", as you mentioned. Lancaster are a tight group, this is compounded by the fact that several of these players have something in common as you mentioned, they "dont believe they feel wanted by Kyabram", as you would know. Which I find quite sad, as a club is only what you make it.
The players that mature from the KDL do test themselves at the GVL level which is great, the Gills, Browns, Sideys, Rattrays.
I never said there wasnt decent players in the KDL, I did say though it is very easy to play in the KDL. Having said that, it has been pretty easy to get a game for Ky 1's the last couple of years aswell.
As for my thoughts on Lancaster. I supported Lancaster well before I knew where Ky was. Players that leave Ky and then slag the club are the ones that leave a sour taste in my mouth, unfortunately many of them play at Lancaster.
Concerning my "aliases" I am sure Icepick would be laughing for as like me, you and these people you talk of have no idea who he is. I wish I could take the credit for the Gav Canute whisper as it was right up there. Well done Pick!
For along time, players have felt this way. When I left ky I joined a group of maybe 5 or 6 guysolder than me who had played their junior footy and a few years of reserve football in at Ky, many of us winning premierships. However, they all had the same story, treated like second class citizens unless they were a top senior player.
Maybe things have changed, as I'm sure they have(with the new coaches), but from what I've been told from players who have left in the last few years they had much the same reason.
That's not sad for the players leaving, it's the club that suffers.
Paulo, Burners and Finny are all top blokes and great footballers, and I wish them well, but as I've stated before, there is a reason so many players have left the club. Until it is changed players will look for greener pastures.

For along time, players have felt this way. When I left ky I joined a group of maybe 5 or 6 guysolder than me who had played their junior footy and a few years of reserve football in at Ky, many of us winning premierships. However, they all had the same story, treated like second class citizens unless they were a top senior player.
Maybe things have changed, as I'm sure they have(with the new coaches), but from what I've been told from players who have left in the last few years they had much the same reason.
That's not sad for the players leaving, it's the club that suffers.
Paulo, Burners and Finny are all top blokes and great footballers, and I wish them well, but as I've stated before, there is a reason so many players have left the club. Until it is changed players will look for greener pastures.
Cosby are you the captain of Lancaster, if so why dont you start leading from the front on the training track instead of putting down a club that you couldn't make it at. Your meant to be a leader of a proud and succesfull football club. Your better than this Cosby, you sound like those Ky days still haunt you. Get on with playing good footy with the bats.:thumbsu:

Gonna have a shot too...My prediction is based on the transfer list as well as last years finishes

Swans - Biggest recruiter
United - Hardly lost any senior players and gained Davies, not sure about this Cowman though?
Seymour - Lost a few talls, but their depth from last years 2's will help them remail competitive
Rochy - Influx of locals retrning should help them play finals, don't know how good these guys are though
Echuca - Should be competitive - Don't think theyv lost or gained much but with the standard of GV decreasing, they should be better for it
Benalla
Euroa
Mooropna
Mansfield - Hard to seperate these 4 as they have still got some matchwinners and could finish b/ween 5th and 9th
Shepp Bears - Nothing gained, lost a lot of depth. But should remain competitive due to their 3rds guns
Kyabram - Can't see them winning more than 2-4 games. Not a fan of the 3 player-coach system. Need a proven leader with experience to coach them
Tatura - In for a looooong, looooooooooooong year. 15 goal plus losses will be the norm. Might not even field a 2's side regularly. Unfortunate situation

Can tell you that united have lost several seconds players but senior players also. Cowman, S.Hazleman, Gillespie, S.Scott, Osborne, T.Eddy (inj), Schirmer (inj), Ralph, Maunder, M.Sidebottom (a couple of these played 1sts n 2nds also unsure if Smith will play.

Big signing in davies though and a couple from melbourne way. Will be good to see how they go.

Where u been showy#1 was starting to think your BF days were behind you? Id be surprised if the researcher was in fact Bretty

I believe Spargo was called a "Weak C#*T" on the training track this week after it was suggested he was the researcher, pretty disappointing. Again can I please say if you read back through previous posts
there is no way it could be Brett.

Just dont wanna see a good kid branded with this, Big Footy's getting outa control lads . . . . . and showy#1 ya phone appears to be disconnected give me a buzz mate we haven't chatted for a few weeks

Cosby are you the captain of Lancaster, if so why dont you start leading from the front on the training track instead of putting down a club that you couldn't make it at. Your meant to be a leader of a proud and succesfull football club. Your better than this Cosby, you sound like those Ky days still haunt you. Get on with playing good footy with the bats.:thumbsu:

Don't know about that Ice pick, sure I remember him running around in the ones for Ky, and I bet if he wanted to return now he would be rucking or holding down a kep position for them.
Can't take any of your comments too seriously though when you havent got a real name to back it up with, and if you knock around with The Fan and Peter Dyson, well well havent they both got a lot of experience playing GV ones or for that matter GV twos, or god forbid KDL ones.:eek:

and if you knock around with The Fan and Peter Dyson, well well havent they both got a lot of experience playing GV ones or for that matter GV twos, or god forbid KDL ones.:eek:
yeap got to agree with ya there hank - peter dyson - what a twit. just caught the last few editions of the riv herald online hank, see the beard is still going great guns. all the best with getting the blues a few 4 pointers this season and hopefully a finals berth.

There is massive news on the horizon re: a GVL Club, according to the Tibbinator. Stay tuned sports fans. The Tibbinator loves rumors.....

Cosby are you the captain of Lancaster, if so why dont you start leading from the front on the training track instead of putting down a club that you couldn't make it at. Your meant to be a leader of a proud and successfull football club. Your better than this Cosby, you sound like those Ky days still haunt you. Get on with playing good footy with the bats.:thumbsu:
Everyone knows who I am on here, ICE PICK.
Leading from the front on the training track? Have you seen me, I'm in peak physical form at the moment. :rolleyes:
Yes, I'm the captain of a proud football club, but the Ky days don't haunt me. I played footy with some great guys, won a couple of premierships and had some great times. The main reason I entered into the discussion and put my point of view in was that a couple of people had had a crack at Lancaster, other KDFL clubs and the league in general while talking about why Ky have not been 'up' for a while.

At least I know Rusty appreciated my thoughts. ;)

Linc was signed up as coach of Numurkah before xmas Rowey so not big or new news there mate.

I must be a bit behind the times. Their transfers were just put on Thursday. Also, I see that another interleague rep Michael Roberts has transferred to your mob. Good recruiting.

interesting point you make there sparra about the thirds numbers, i wonder how many of them 32 were thirds????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad