Not favirots .. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm putting a few Oxford Schollars on the non favourites - Tiges ! (more Bang for my Buck !) (plus we will kick them into next yr)also a sly couple on Push Up to kick the first major.
(I think the Birdman bowled us a googly there - even a fonituk speller couldn't get it that bad !!!)
PS thanks for the tips from the Footscray fans.

Okay I kind of understand the freo one even though we trumped them by almost 50 points... But serouisly why is that the dogs with no forward line and are swimming up s*** creek at the moment faviorts to beat the tigers who are coming of a streak ?

So that means you put your entire weeks pay on the tigers and make a truckload of easy gravy. Why are you complaining?

OP = Dustin Martin

grrr..we luvv yew dustiey

you dont....
i mean you couldnt....
dont scare me....
it would break my heart....

you dont mean osteitus pubis (not sure of spelling)? :eek::eek:

please clarify!:thumbsu:

yours scaredly!

:thumbsu:the odds open up based on form, win losss record, two teams previous history, and an estimate of where the agency weighs the risk, as well as who they truly think will win...

obviously the only fair logic has the odds at 1.75<>2.25
im happy we arent favourites, but im glad they arent selling us at 4.95.

those odds are fair, the agencies obviously rate us a chance to win, and besides, watch richmond shorten when they dont name lake or hall, and richmond name their side (possible ins of moore and hopefuly [fingers crossed] benny griffiths)

the game should start at 1.86<>2.01
Good explaination,
I punt on footy a bit and I reckon the odds are about spot on.Taking a form line through the dogs it isn't actually as bad as it might seem.Using a scale that I use to find the right games to bet on,the 3 games they have played since the bye have been ok.Not great obviously but not in the poor category and very consistent.It's actually the type of form line that would in many cases lead to a win.
Off setting that of course is our graph which is on an upward trend with no reason to bet on it dipping whatsoever.
Add that to the above points re-recent history,injuries,progression etc etc it pretty much adds up to the odds currently posted,and the conclusion on my part at least that it's very much a leave your money in your pocket affair.

:thumbsu:the odds open up based on form, win losss record, two teams previous history, and an estimate of where the agency weighs the risk, as well as who they truly think will win...

obviously the only fair logic has the odds at 1.75<>2.25
im happy we arent favourites, but im glad they arent selling us at 4.95.

those odds are fair, the agencies obviously rate us a chance to win, and besides, watch richmond shorten when they dont name lake or hall, and richmond name their side (possible ins of moore and hopefuly [fingers crossed] benny griffiths)

the game should start at 1.86<>2.01

Surely you don't want both of them included? Both lacking match fitness and there is no one that deserves to be dropped for unfit players at the moment, especially Griffiths who would be barely in our best 22 anyway. Unchanged this week and go from there IMO :thumbsu:

Surely you don't want both of them included? Both lacking match fitness and there is no one that deserves to be dropped for unfit players at the moment, especially Griffiths who would be barely in our best 22 anyway. Unchanged this week and go from there IMO :thumbsu:
same, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Griffiths played V.F.L all year.The hype is ridiculous.

great call, didnt think of that, id like to see moore in this week or next, and griffiths a fortnight later, gives them time to work fitness in, and i think were more in need of improving the defensive structure atm, kicking goals hasnt been our problem.

well picked up(Y)

Glad were not Favs i like us as the under dog :)

reckon it will be so short as to not bother
they have plenty of established class, and its been a while since we troubled them They will be expecting to play there best footy in September, which we are probably expecting to have off, again.

but with a couple of big names out, and us having a very ashort injury list, nows the time to beat em. we are basically playing them at 3/4 strength, which, for a few years would have been good enough for them, but I think we have improved enough to carry it off, could even be that we blow them away for a change, though I dont exxpect we will be as close later in the year when they are back up to their best

tenacious tigers!

I feel this thread title is going for Facepalm of the year award.

Sorry to burst the bubble of comedy going on about spelling.

But I'm useing an iPad so it just auto changed the typo a bunch of times due the the American settings or somthing :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great call, didnt think of that, id like to see moore in this week or next, and griffiths a fortnight later, gives them time to work fitness in, and i think were more in need of improving the defensive structure atm, kicking goals hasnt been our problem.

well picked up(Y)
Moore is injured, still listed as a TBA but in the injury report video today he should start training in a couple of weeks. Don't expect to see him in the seniors before mid-season at best. I don't know why people keep expecting him to just come straight into the side from no fitness base.

Even Griffiths will probably take longer than that to get match fitness at Coburg as he's only played one half-game at Coburg Reserves and then had the bye last weekend.

Why do people want us rushing players back from injury?

Moore is injured, still listed as a TBA but in the injury report video today he should start training in a couple of weeks. Don't expect to see him in the seniors before mid-season at best. I don't know why people keep expecting him to just come straight into the side from no fitness base.

Even Griffiths will probably take longer than that to get match fitness at Coburg as he's only played one half-game at Coburg Reserves and then had the bye last weekend.

We need to change the way things are going atm. I mean beating Freo by 49 points, a top 4 team from last year and who was in pretty good form,is totally unacceptable and Dimma should start wielding the axe. ;)

We need to change the way things are going atm. I mean beating Freo by 49 points, a top 4 team from last year and who was in pretty good form,is totally unacceptable and Dimma should start wielding the axe. ;)

ive been reading consistantly that both are 1-2 weeks away, i will confirm that and give you sources...

and cogga rules. im not suggesting we wield the axe, im suggesting that those 2 are in our best 22. and if they are as i thought, close to coming back, they should be in...

if they are a while away i apologize, i was under a different impression:confused:

Moore was 2 weeks away around the start of the season but fell back to TBA a few weeks ago. If you watch the injury update video on the Richmond site today they say Moore is a couple of weeks away from starting training only.

Also Griffiths is not injured any more but needs match fitness which is why he's only played a half at Coburg Reserves 2 weekends ago. No way is he only 1-2 weeks away from AFL.

Moore was 2 weeks away around the start of the season but fell back to TBA a few weeks ago. If you watch the injury update video on the Richmond site today they say Moore is a couple of weeks away from starting training only.

Also Griffiths is not injured any more but needs match fitness which is why he's only played a half at Coburg Reserves 2 weekends ago. No way is he only 1-2 weeks away from AFL.
thanks for that info.
quick and informative...

slightly frustrating tho.
i cant watch video's at work, nab has a strictly forum only bludging policy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not favirots .. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back