Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And any rep team put up here should put J Abela, D Folino and R Collins in the team before they even look at others. Clearly the best onballers this season !:thumbsu:

Ventured out to the Watsonia vs Thomastown game on the weekend in anticipation of a good game.
Yet again, Thomastown exploded out of the blocks and put the game beyond doubt by quarter time. Despite an even second quarter, Thomastown again produced some great footy in the 3rd quarter and coasted home for an easy victory. Better players for the home side were the Richardson's and Perichon. Whilst for Thomastown, Nedelcoughski, Wall and the ruckman Holmes were strong all day.

Special thanks to Alan and the guys from Watsonia for all of their hospitality at half time and after the game...it is much appreciated.

Looking ahead to this week, I think the Epping vs Macleod game will be closer than people anticipate and I will venture out to that game and see what unfolds.

How did the ruckman from watsonia go against holmes? Watsy still on track to make finals or does this show where there really at? Your thoughts ghostwriter

Well done Stars to both sides, played well on Saturday, still a lot of improvement is needed it's a roller coaster ride. Well done to the boys who made the comp side and to Alan Brown on the coaching staff, don't confuse them to much down their Al, and none of stars trade secrets.

Had a go at the interleague lineup, seems they may be short on backmen. Thoughts??

COLLINS BOX DYSON fb
WENDT KNEE COTTIER hb
A.BENNETT HOLLOW C.BROWN c
DRAKES SHAW BOOKER hf
CALAFIORE WILLITTS POWELL ff

TENNANT NANKERVIS HOCKEY ruck

BARDEN HOGG PARKER MCCARTHY bench

i think lionel proctor from stars should b in that team easy

Hello All,

Watched our boys take the points against Hurstbridge in a very solid display. After a very tight first quarter we ran away with the game in the 2nd and didn't look back. It was good to see the return of one of our favourite sons in Lynchy, whilst better players were Murray, Porter and Jeremy Bennett.

SHARKEY: Interesting to see that your favourite pastime (Macleod bashing) hasn't diminished over time. You must honestly lead a boring life.

GHOST: If you are definitely going to attend the Epping match then private message me and we can arrange to have a few ales during the main game and talk some crap. It will be good to see you watch a team that isn't from Thomastown!!!

Ventured out to the Watsonia vs Thomastown game on the weekend in anticipation of a good game.
Yet again, Thomastown exploded out of the blocks and put the game beyond doubt by quarter time. Despite an even second quarter, Thomastown again produced some great footy in the 3rd quarter and coasted home for an easy victory. Better players for the home side were the Richardson's and Perichon. Whilst for Thomastown, Nedelcoughski, Wall and the ruckman Holmes were strong all day.

Special thanks to Alan and the guys from Watsonia for all of their hospitality at half time and after the game...it is much appreciated.

Looking ahead to this week, I think the Epping vs Macleod game will be closer than people anticipate and I will venture out to that game and see what unfolds.

terrible game to watch
watsy missing parker,ventura,palidino,barclay,hanan,mcbrian and dunnel all out of round one's team all best 22 players so dont write them off just yet.

terrible game to watch
watsy missing parker,ventura,palidino,barclay,hanan,mcbrian and dunnel all out of round one's team all best 22 players so dont write them off just yet.
why do people get on here and run off a list of players missing when the side the play/follow goes down??
Everyone has outs win or lose and missing players is not an excuse.
In this case Thommo were just the better side on the day.

Can anyone from Thommo tell me how Chris Zurek is travelling. I noticed him in the best this week. Is he still playing down back??

Is it true that all clubs in div 2 get a qouta of 2 players for the rep squad and players from last years team of the year? If so i think thats a joke !

So basically were not putting our best team on the park! Whittlesea, Thomastown, Macleod who have the better players in the league are denied the chance to represent the league.:confused:

I cant see how having 2 Hiedelberg West players for example is fair ?

what do you think guys?

All clubs had the chance to name 3 players for the training squad.
Mernda did this Rees, Drakes & Vasilevski then a day latter the NFL rang and wanted Doeven as well.
It is only a squad at the moment but good luck to whoever gets a game

All clubs had the chance to name 3 players for the training squad.
Mernda did this Rees, Drakes & Vasilevski then a day latter the NFL rang and wanted Doeven as well.
It is only a squad at the moment but good luck to whoever gets a game

there players in the squad who arent even playing in the nfl at the moment like mccarthy from hurstbridge.

So this rep side for the Div 2 wont be fielding the best 22 in the division!
will be fielding the best 2-3 players at each club..

so you could argue whittlesea , Thommos , Macleods 5th,6th or 7th best player would either match or better best players at other clubs!

Strange one by the NFL?

As long as the other comp are doing the same thing I think it will work out alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Northern Football League Division 2

sorry for the double message computer stuffed up

Eagles Nest you play a familiar tune. Spruiking for the Eagles. Everyone at the Eagles knows you play for the Lions!

The Eagles have achieved nothing ever in the history of the DVFL / NFL. Why would you talk them up?

Unless of course you harboured some secret desire to see them fail!

Fail they may, but as they say in the classics, "Better to walk the path of a beaten man than to have never walked the path at all" Have u walked the path?

PM your membership number if u r an Eagle member, I won't wait up for it - cos we all know u are no Eagle with the comments u make!

why do people get on here and run off a list of players missing when the side the play/follow goes down??

Can anyone from Thommo tell me how Chris Zurek is travelling. I noticed him in the best this week. Is he still playing down back??

Chris Zurek is travelling well gets the best forward every week we missed him the first few rounds but since hes returned he has been a big inclusion to our backline. I cant see many forwards getting too many goals when there opponent is "The Golden Fist".

Re: Northern Football League Division 2

Eagles Nest you play a familiar tune. Spruiking for the Eagles. Everyone at the Eagles knows you play for the Lions!

The Eagles have achieved nothing ever in the history of the DVFL / NFL. Why would you talk them up?

Unless of course you harboured some secret desire to see them fail!

Fail they may, but as they say in the classics, "Better to walk the path of a beaten man than to have never walked the path at all" Have u walked the path?

PM your membership number if u r an Eagle member, I won't wait up for it - cos we all know u are no Eagle with the comments u make!

well said factual...i geed him up a bit too nowing he just on to stir the pot...from morang, well i ll see him sat with his tail between legs at about 4.45pm

Chris Zurek is travelling well gets the best forward every week we missed him the first few rounds but since hes returned he has been a big inclusion to our backline. I cant see many forwards getting too many goals when there opponent is "The Golden Fist".
How do think Zurek will go on young Di Lalla this week?...come of a good game last week with 11 goals

looking forward to 2 weeks time down at a club where i am more than welcome watching the might ressa 2 blues play the choking girls from macleod.. im gonna be looking out for you junior29 wherever you are you sissy! all the people down macleod should go out of there way to buy me a drink because i tell it how it is!!

looking forward to 2 weeks time down at a club where i am more than welcome watching the might ressa 2 blues play the choking girls from macleod.. im gonna be looking out for you junior29 wherever you are you sissy! all the people down macleod should go out of there way to buy me a drink because i tell it how it is!!
good on you, you havent had the ticker to front up in the past and reveal yourself so i not sure why you bother to gob off about buying you a drink... do everyone a favor and put up or shut up you rock spider...

i think lionel proctor from stars should b in that team easy
I'm sure coaches that we have played so far would agree to that kfm. His form and as the Captain has defiantly been A grade stuff, also leadership to our side is very important. hasn't had a bad game yet:thumbsu: Keep it going Crackajack:D

mate im not defending the the sides performance just stateing the outs u goose.

Well i dont know much about him but from what im reading hes kicked goals against struggling teams so will be a good test for him to kick goals against a stronger team my tip is thomastown by 10 goals and another Califiore show!!
How do think Zurek will go on young Di Lalla this week?...come of a good game last week with 11 goals

actually have a weeding that day but will be there to watch the first half, i will be on the coaches bench fell free to approach me anytime you coward... wont hold my breath on you showing up unless of cause you bring your computer you maggot!!!

actually have a weeding that day but will be there to watch the first half, i will be on the coaches bench fell free to approach me anytime you coward... wont hold my breath on you showing up unless of cause you bring your computer you maggot!!!

ah well it is a absolute pleasure talking to you again you little skirt. what a coincidence that you cant play against reservoir like always it sounds like you are abit scared? ill be there for sure i might even get you to buy me a beer since im a much better person than you.. xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back