North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no issue with the assistance given to North, I just laugh at the bullshit justification that they've structured this so it 'doesn't penalise other clubs' when of course making up draft picks does.
The bit about making us "competitive sooner" is ****ing orwellian, I almost have to hand it to them. We'll give you less than we gave other clubs who performed better than you on field, and we'll tell you you'll be better off for it.

I would imagine the AFL obliging to a suite of priority picks when they move to Tasmania. Until then, they should be grateful with what they've been given.

NM's priority picks are a good sign, if that's where the AFL go in the future.

Who am I kidding, the AFL will favour certain love children and nail other who are annoying. Great organisation the AFL, to a certain definition of great
It is good they are trying to address the mature talent issue. But we already read in here attempts to figure out ways not to pick up mature talent and convert it into draft picks for more kids.

North thought they could gut their list, and load up on early picks as a recipe for future success. Guess we'll just have to sit through another swans/cats premiership or two while we wait to see how that strategy plays out.

It kinda feels like we should have got Matthew mccaunghey in to deliver the closing monologue from a time to kill.

“I want you to picture a team….. picture them playing football for 3 years…….. picture them losing more games across those 3 years than any team ever in the history of the league……. Picture them breaking records for amount of loses over 50 points………… picture them so uncompetitive that everyone complains that teams that play them twice get an advantage………. Picture them hurting the comp with crowds and tv numbers……… can you picture them?

Now pretend they are Gold Coast……”

It kinda feels like we should have got Matthew mccaunghey in to deliver the closing monologue from a time to kill.

“I want you to picture a team….. picture them playing football for 3 years…….. picture them losing more games across those 3 years than any team ever in the history of the league……. Picture them breaking records for amount of loses over 50 points………… picture them so uncompetitive that everyone complains that teams that play them twice get an advantage………. Picture them hurting the comp with crowds and tv numbers……… can you picture them?

Now pretend they are Gold Coast……”
North have always hurt the comp with crowds and tv numbers, and you already had your chance to go to the Gold coast?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Ziebull
Season 1 GIF by The Simpsons

And yet the AFL will approve *don appointing a coach who instigated the biggest doping program in Australian sporting history and then lied about it with a big ✔.

Integrity.
How would Hird coaching Essendon ruin the integrity of the draft?

as this kind of bail out from the AFL will be a thing of the past, imo
I can definitely cop it sweet if this is the case.
At the risk of repeating myself, the best thing the AFL could do to help all clubs at the bottom would be:
  • Scrap father son
  • Scrap academies
  • Scrap draft assistance packages
  • Scrap FA compensation
Let the draft work as intended and you won't constantly need to invent solutions to correct the problems created by your last solutions.

North fans have been telling me their list isn't a pile of garbage. Now they're telling me that's not the case, I can't keep up....

Was, and we've been cutting away deadwood because we're paying for being competitive and mid table at a time when the draft was the most compromised.

Happy doing it harder, will taste sweeter.

One club in the GF benefited from the F/S rule, as well as Ablett going back and forth, the other doing pretty well with their academy and cost of living allowance.

Is what it is.

Was, and we've been cutting away deadwood because we're paying for being competitive and mid table at a time when the draft was the most compromised.

Happy doing it harder, will taste sweeter.

One club in the GF benefited from the F/S rule, as well as Ablett going back and forth, the other doing pretty well with their academy and cost of living allowance.

Is what it is.
It's really been unfair that North has been the only club forced to deal with compromised drafts.

North fans have been telling me their list isn't a pile of garbage. Now they're telling me that's not the case, I can't keep up....
For mine I don’t think the argument is whether we need one it’s that other clubs have in the past got their first round pp and it’s our turn

but now apparently we need to look after the integrity of the draft lol

It's really been unfair that North has been the only club forced to deal with compromised drafts.

Thanks Bonce, always knew you would understand. :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back