AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone interested in joining in the sponsorship head over to the thread 😉

Sydney, Gold Coast and Essendon made finals last year because of soft draws. They're no better than St Kilda, Collingwood, etc. Odds on to flog any of those "filler" opponents by 10 goals.

And while people like saying "big four", doesn't mean it's a real thing. Melbourne, sans leadership of the genius that is Daisy Pearce, have a 2-4 record at Casey Fields. Not a team or ground to be feared.

Only the injustice of a 4th consecutive H&A match in SA against the Crows should seriously threaten our chances of hosting another grand final.

Still 2 games in Tas, 11 H&A matches in total. See the sneaky 2-in-1 for week 5.

surely we drop tasmania in team name.
they have their own club now…move on
original purpose of the name is now obsolete.
Not gonna drop it while it brings in $500k a year, which will probably be the case for another few seasons.

just curious is the name attached to a sponsorship deal condition thus bringing in the 500k?
Having not actually seen the contract, the indication via press release is it's a package deal (name, jumper, home games).

Brisbane were offered $100k to play an AFLW game in Tasmania back in 2018, which would also suggest branding rights have played a part in bumping up the value.

Even though, as we all know, the "official" name is rarely ever used... even by the AFL.

Having not actually seen the contract, the indication via press release is it's a package deal (name, jumper, home games).

Brisbane were offered $100k to play an AFLW game in Tasmania back in 2018, which would also suggest branding rights have played a part in bumping up the value.

Even though, as we all know, the "official" name is rarely ever used... even by the AFL.

Nicole Livingstone tended to use the Tasmania name whenever she could. I won't miss her now that she's gone.

An absolute joke!

When is the club going to grow a set and tell them we aren’t playing there!

And we still don’t play Hawthorn. How can a team play 30 games of football against 17 other teams and not play one team at least once?
It should be a rolling fixture.

The 6 sides we don’t play this year should be the first 6 we play next season and then follow on with the 11 we play this year.

Its not that hard

It should be a rolling fixture.

The 6 sides we don’t play this year should be the first 6 we play next season and then follow on with the 11 we play this year.

Its not that hard
The fixture summary Gemma Bastiani did listed this and several other matchups that haven’t happened yet and won’t again this season. I get the principe of better clubs getting tougher draws and - while obviously a full season would be much better - don’t mind it, but these black holes, like away games every season against the same opponent, shouldn’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fixture summary Gemma Bastiani did listed this and several other matchups that haven’t happened yet and won’t again this season. I get the principe of better clubs getting tougher draws and - while obviously a full season would be much better - don’t mind it, but these black holes, like away games every season against the same opponent, shouldn’t happen.
Yeah home and away should rotate against sides

Nice to see Jenna out on the park, even if she isn't training with the main group.

Hopefully she will be cherry ripe for round 1.

Hey Mods, probably time for a new thread AFLW 2024? Bella Eddey just re-signed for one year and I want to know why we didn't offer 4! Same for Gatt TBH.

Young gun extends stay at Arden St​

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos forward Bella Eddey has signed a one-year contract extension to remain in the royal blue and white until at least the end of 2025

Hey Mods, probably time for a new thread AFLW 2024? Bella Eddey just re-signed for one year and I want to know why we didn't offer 4! Same for Gatt TBH.

Young gun extends stay at Arden St​

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos forward Bella Eddey has signed a one-year contract extension to remain in the royal blue and white until at least the end of 2025

Nice to see Bella re-sign, I'd like to see Crocks give her some minutes in the centre this season, we need to develop a few more players who can run through the middle and give support to the likes of Riddell, Garner, Bruton and King, with Gavalas gone we only have Smith and Tripodi at the moment. Craven, Gatt and O'Loughlin can also be looked at.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back