MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was listening to a bit of the Ed and Jimmy podcast, Ed was saying that game should have been moved to Saturday twilight to maximize the crowd. 50k ed said was disappointing for the potential. Jimmy said it was probably more the cats fans that didn't show up.

Would more people go to the Saturday twilight game? I reckon that's a cracking time slot.

Was listening to a bit of the Ed and Jimmy podcast, Ed was saying that game should have been moved to Saturday twilight to maximize the crowd. 50k ed said was disappointing for the potential. Jimmy said it was probably more the cats fans that didn't show up.

Would more people go to the Saturday twilight game? I reckon that's a cracking time slot.
Cats v Blues had like 85k last week for that timeslot.

I agree it should have been either the early or late afternoon timeslot.

Saturday twilight feels like a timeslot we seem to get the least which is a shame as it's probably the best to attend.

Cats v Blues had like 85k last week for that timeslot.

I agree it should have been either the early or late afternoon timeslot.

Saturday twilight feels like a timeslot we seem to get the least which is a shame as it's probably the best to attend.
Yeah that was Eds point. Saturday twilight is the new Friday night. You can still play/watch local footy or whatever, go to a game and then still head out on the slash later.

Yeah that was Eds point. Saturday twilight is the new Friday night. You can still play/watch local footy or whatever, go to a game and then still head out on the slash later.
Yeah night games are better for TV but as far as attending goes Sat twilight is great. I moved to Geelong a couple of years back and you're generally getting home past midnight for a night game.

Ed has a bit of an alterior motive here though as he wants the GF to move to that timeslot.

Yeah night games are better for TV but as far as attending goes Sat twilight is great. I moved to Geelong a couple of years back and you're generally getting home past midnight for a night game.

Ed has a bit of an alterior motive here though as he wants the GF to move to that timeslot.
Haha could do but he didn't mention that at all he was more so wanting bigger crowds at the G for big games he thought that game deserved more people. Also said Richmond weren't showing up anymore so give their seats back.

Saturday twilight is awesome, only Saturday afternoon is better. Maybe I'm getting old but I don’t like night games much anymore.
Saturday arvo is just the best timeslot, team wins and you’ve got the rest of the day to enjoy, really is the best feeling in footy as a supporter.

I haven't given it too much thought. I remember Caro saying saturday twighlight is the grave yard slot. Not sure why because it seems good to me. As others have mentioned you can do something during the day before heading into the game such as local footy. I think it's better for families as well as it's not too late. Night footy is good when your in your 20s but everyone else twighlight is probably the best option.

Terrible news.

A timely reminder of some valuable resources available to people who are struggling (https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-helplines).
  • Lifeline provides 24-hour crisis counselling, support groups and suicide prevention services. Call 13 11 14, text 0477 13 11 14 or chat online.
  • Suicide Call Back Service provides 24/7 support if you or someone you know is feeling suicidal. Call 1300 659 467.
  • Beyond Blue aims to increase awareness of depression and anxiety and reduce stigma. If you or a loved one need help, you can call 1300 22 4636, 24 hours/7 days a week or chat online.
  • MindSpot is a free telephone and online service for people with anxiety, stress, low mood or depression. It provides online assessment and treatment for anxiety and depression. MindSpot is not an emergency or instant response service. Call 1800 61 44 34.
  • Head to Health gives advice and will connect you to local mental health services. Call 1800 595 212.
  • MensLine Australia is a professional telephone and online counselling service offering support to Australian men. Call 1300 78 99 78, 24 hours/7 or chat online.
  • For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people:
    • 13YARN provides 24/7 free and confidential crisis support. Call 13 92 76.
    • Thirrili provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the aftermath of suicide or other fatal critical incidents. Call 1800 805 801, 24 hours/7 days a week.
  • For LGBTQIA+ people:
    • QLife provides nationwide telephone and web-based services for peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. Call 1800 184 527.
  • For pregnant people and new parents:
  • For veterans and their loved ones:
    • Open Arms provides 24/7 free and confidential counselling to anyone who has served at least one day in the ADF, their partners and families. Call 1800 011 046.
  • If you're feeling lonely:
    • FriendLine supports anyone who's feeling lonely, needs to reconnect or just wants a chat. You can call them 7 days a week on 1800 424 287, or chat online with one of their trained volunteers. All conversations with FriendLine are anonymous.
I'm certainly no authority on the matter, but I'm always happy for a chat too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendan Gale announced as first Tas Devils CEO. Stepping down from tigers at the end of the year.

I'm very happy about this. Absolutely immense signing for our team.
Hopefully the Tigers get another dees reject to fill his spot, Bartlett would be great for Richmond I think.
Very good signing.

Brendan Gale announced as first Tas Devils CEO. Stepping down from tigers at the end of the year.

I'm very happy about this. Absolutely immense signing for our team.
How do you feel about having someone who wont lift a finger when the AFL's BLATANT CORRUPTION sees Tassie lose games due to umpiring.

Lol port gonna outscore our last month before half time
Should be ashamed of themselves. They should use us as the benchmark and get it looking like a “Melbourne game”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back