MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw this footy festival ad for the ice rink or whatever, and man even the AFL are making this easy for me
footy festival.PNG
175275.jpg

I get that it’s tongue in cheek but I reckon most Vic supporters couldn’t give a **** who wins if their team’s not in it. Like who wanted Collingwood to win last year because of state based parochialism?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that it’s tongue in cheek but I reckon most Vic supporters couldn’t give a **** who wins if their team’s not in it. Like who wanted Collingwood to win last year because of state based parochialism?

I think it's implying we should all bandwagon storm, but yeah every Vic fan would rather a non Vic club win than a local club they don't support.

First GF in a while where I won’t care who wins which is nice, Brisbane have a bit of campaigner about them but they’re entertaining to watch, Sydney I don’t like, but I don’t hate them either, would be happy for JJ and Grundy.

Sydney getting pumped in two recent Grand Finals would be pretty funny though.

I'm pro any outcome that doesn't involve Dayne Zorko becoming a premiership player tbh

No strong feelings either way, would be kind of funny seeing the Lions get so close last year, then have an epic season with two huge come-from-behind final wins and then fail at the last hurdle. Preferably with a dodgy free.

Partied way too hard last night after the Storm win. Unbelievable atmosphere. Hopefully can get a ticket for next week! Couldn't give a stuff about today's game. Swans have been the best team all year.they should win. Solid weather, good pub atmosphere starting,beer flowing. Hopefully a good game and Katy Perry is on point.

I admit i prefer the old days , when we got an u-19 then reserves Grand final before the main event , this unending talk fest now is another reason to leave the GF start at 2.20 pm. I think another 3 hours of gum flapping would be mind numbingly boring .

IIRC before the 99 GF, there being a match between the Murray Bushrangers and the Geelong Falcons.

They could've televised the Tam Heppel vs Team Sloane Match and also had a SOO match too.

I admit i prefer the old days , when we got an u-19 then reserves Grand final before the main event , this unending talk fest now is another reason to leave the GF start at 2.20 pm. I think another 3 hours of gum flapping would be mind numbingly boring .
I know for our game we had a long two week wait, but then to wait for twilight perth time was killing me. There's only so much you can say about "it's a big game"

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back