Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple images on the Port board showing that it's real
Wait for the "sack Nicks" stickers..... Under more pressure than ever before. I like him but there comes a time when you need to get the rubber on the road. He's still spinning his wheels.

I reckon his start to season 23 is about as long as the club will be patient. If we're in the bottom 6 at the bye, it's curtains for him. IMO🙄

Let's hope our summer is excellent and the team performance comes together and all the Nicks speculation amounts to nothing. I'd love the story of a new coach and team going the whole journey together. Very much justifies the review recommendations.

Also just for those keeping score, Kern has overtaken Brad Scott for the longest consecutive coaching stint without a grand final, currently 208 games (and counting) 🤣
I think its time we develop a LIVE COUNTER on here to commemorate every Port game for Kenny without a Grand Final.

Assuming no GF this year and next, Kenny will take that record all the way to 235*, as a minimum. (*assumes no Finals series this year and next)

Im very very ashamed a Crows poster and one who tries to post Fun Facts, that I was unaware of this.

GrommoT

I'd like to see a breakdown of the count when games are in contention vs cheapies given in junk time to even the ledger.

Yep, it's the argument I always use when someone says oh the free kick count was the same, yes but WHERE were they payed and WHAT was the game situation at the time.

Ginnivan just copped the most obvious high tackle all season but not paid.

Think they've gone too far the other way with those calls.

Pricks been diving all year, now he gets the justice.

Yep, it's the argument I always use when someone says oh the free kick count was the same, yes but WHERE were they payed and WHAT was the game situation at the time.
I recall plenty of games where we've been absolutely screwed by the umpiring in the first qtr/half when the game is there to be won, and then getting the token non-dangerous frees in the second half. By then the opposition has their arse in the air, have been instilled with confidence and can ride out the eveneruppers and sit back and protect the massive lead they've been gifted. I ****en hate the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I went to the Gov on Friday night.
Inxs tribute band were playing, a bit tragic I know, but a great show nonetheless, some great songs.

And wouldn't you know it, when they sung NTUA and some noob held up his PP scarf! Elite noobish planning.

Can someone help me out on the joke - NTUA originally sung by a guy who died having a w**k, now sung by a bunch of w**kers, I cant remember how it goes.

Can someone help me out on the joke - NTUA originally sung by a guy who died having a w**k, now sung by a bunch of w**kers, I cant remember how it goes.
Originally sung by a guy who choked while having a wank, now sung by w***ers who choke.

The lack of frees Tex gets compared to certain other forwards says it all.

Which ones?

Even though Tex missed the first 3 games of the season that he's still ranked in the Top 50 for most free kicks for in 2022.

From what I can see he appears to be averaging more free kicks for per game than most of the other forwards in the league except for Harry McKay

Boy cries wolf, has a few laughs... I forget how it ends

Wild to think high tackles were put in a game to protect players health and now young upstart players are blatantly trying to get hit in the head to get a free.
How can we think the afl should care about high tackles when the players themselves don’t.

He does drop his body to bring on the free kick, if he stayed up right and moved to kick the ball it would have been a decent tackle
I'd have paid a high free for that one. Would have let the initial contact go but once he continued to keep him in the choker hold on the ground I would have paid it.

Not a lot of sympathy for the lad though. Nobody likes a player trying to milk free kicks, that goes for you also Rowe.

I'd have paid a high free for that one. Would have let the initial contact go but once he continued to keep him in the choker hold on the ground I would have paid it.

Not a lot of sympathy for the lad though. Nobody likes a player trying to milk free kicks, that goes for you also Rowe.
Look at this picture, he was standing when the tackle was laid, now hes basically lying down.

Look at this picture, he was standing when the tackle was laid, now hes basically lying down.

Like I said, I wouldn't have paid it for the initial contact, but the Ess player then pulls him backwards and holds him on the ground, still with his arm around his neck.

That IMO is worthy of a free kick.

I don't like Ginnivan at all, and happy for him to get his just desserts, but if this was a Crows player (Rowe is a regular ducker) would we all be screaming for a free kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back