No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude.

Reckon old mate lachie hunter is going to be done at AFL level come years end. Rumours of him being naughty last year have been going around for a while, but we've now played him in the VFL for about five straight games and even with Ed Langdon missing a game he can't get back in. Was basically the reason he was traded from you guys right?
If you’re not getting a game at Melbourne because of off field behaviour you really must be a first class dickhead.
You can see from the outside that Clarry is trying to turn his life around. The ‘medical model’ is the term that gets used when describing a certain lifestyle, but everyone knows that it isn’t all about an illness, choice to live a certain way is real too.

Tom Stewart had 0 marks.
We could only dream about that

The new tactic being adopted by coaches - “don’t kick it straight to Tom Stewart “ - continues to pay dividends. One can only hope that our mastermind Spangher is weighing up the “kick/don’t kick to Tom Stewart” option & is having a good long think under his thinking hat .

Don't even think Gold Coast put that much work into Stewart last night, he is just woefully out of touch.

Honestly they were getting pounded and he’s actually getting on a bit now. Not the same player on current form and at 31 I suspect we’ve seen the best of him.
No way, the guy is a gun. He may have to slightly adjust his game because finally and wisely clubs are putting a plan together to curb his influence. I watched his pre season from the grand stand at the cattery and he was killing it and his early form so far has shown this. He is a campaigner, sooks up, and gets cheap shots in all the time, but we’d probably like some of that competitive spirit and mongrel in our team, especially now since we lost those types after our flag. He has still got many years of great football ahead of him. Let’s make him accountable when we play them.

Dr G'd pinga and all I found was it is an Indian women's folk dance.

Rumours were that Hunter's obsession with this folkloric dancing is what ultimately led to his demise. He'd received one strike from the club for hiding in the toilets at half time versus West Coast, watching pinga on Tik Tok and missing Bevo's half time address. The second strike came when he attended training dressed in traditional Indian dancing costume and insisted that he be allowed to wear it during circle work. And the third strike...well, that is better left unsaid. There's no need to drag it up here.

Rumours were that Hunter's obsession with this folkloric dancing is what ultimately led to his demise. He'd received one strike from the club for hiding in the toilets at half time versus West Coast, watching pinga on Tik Tok and missing Bevo's half time address. The second strike came when he attended training dressed in traditional Indian dancing costume and insisted that he be allowed to wear it during circle work. And the third strike...well, that is better left unsaid. There's no need to drag it up here.

Rumour is he was introduced to folkloric Indian dancing at the time his Mum worked at Barkers. Then that whole Monty/Iago thing blew up just as Lachie was trying to recruit other players for his 'dancing classes'...

(Who was the poster pn here with that Mrs Hunter/Monty/Iago obsession again?)

Now you guys know why he was so cheap.

Like Stringer before him, IF the dogs are actively shopping the player for non-playing reasons; you really shouldn’t be buying.
Guy O'Keefe ... but there were no buyers

Guy O'Keefe ... but there were no buyers
Funnily enough, we more or less drafted him and Easton Wood in the same year as Geelong Grammar mates playing together. They weren't a mile apart in perceived talent at the time either. Funny how their careers went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little unrelated but anyone know why the 1st round of the 2016 draft was so underwhelming? Don't get me wrong, plenty of guns in there, but compared to other years is one of the weakest 1st rounds I've ever seen.

Warner is a really good player but he’s literally got no opposite side, swings hard to the same direction every time. It really annoys me at this level when opposition coaches and players don’t pick up things that are so obvious.

I like the willingness of Voss to throw Curnow as a loose man back to stop any scoring in red time when they don't have any momentum

Would love naughton to do the same
And they went forward twice and could not get a scoring opportunity.

If there is a strong wind I get it going against it. However you win scoring more than the opposition so you also throw away your own momentum

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

And they went forward twice and could not get a scoring opportunity.

If there is a strong wind I get it going against it. However you win scoring more than the opposition so you also throw away your own momentum

Bulldogs supporters should know better than anyone halting momentum is as good as a score sometimes, not like we’d lack targets with Darcy & Marra or clearin the forward half out for Cody.

It’s not all about scoring when teams are on a roll, it’s an under-utilised asset. Not much but in red time when the opposition have a run on absolutely. Game management is crucial to beating good sides and we just don’t do it

They’re a very well run organisation. Just keep bouncing back (grand final performances aside).

Bulldogs supporters should know better than anyone halting momentum is as good as a score sometimes, not like we’d lack targets with Darcy & Marra or clearin the forward half out for Cody.

It’s not all about scoring when teams are on a roll, it’s an under-utilised asset. Not much but in red time when the opposition have a run on absolutely. Game management is crucial to beating good sides and we just don’t do it
Worked well for the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back