Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Name the batsmen to replace them.
For starters bring in an opener and let Smith come in at 3 or 4. Bancroft deserves a shot, but won’t get one because he isn’t in the boys club.

As for Head’s replacement, surely someone in the State system is worth a shot? Head is contributing nothing in his current form.

For starters bring in an opener and let Smith come in at 3 or 4. Bancroft deserves a shot, but won’t get one because he isn’t in the boys club.

As for Head’s replacement, surely someone in the State system is worth a shot? Head is contributing nothing in his current form.

Head has scored just 1 run in 8 balls in his past 3 innings so clearly needs a score, but the innings before that he was POTM smashing a ton on a pitch where no one else passed 40. The guy isn't Bradman but he's earned more then three innings and two Tests before being kicked to the curb to be replaced by "someone in the State system".

So you're telling me water just falls from the sky over there?

Seriously though id take a green top over a day 1 road every single time.

No doubt, it's one of the best bits about test cricket watching batsmen bat on a track doing a bit.

was a bit disappointed in how we bowled.Thought we bowled a bit short and 2 sides of the track. Never been a kuggeleijn fan. has a bit of pace, but sprays it. I would have played Wagner.Southee has hardly taken a wicket for a fair while in tests too. Henry was very good and has been for a couple of years now and O'Rourke looks a beauty in only his second test

Having said that its a hard place to bowl quick. The wind really plays havoc and the quick guys can struggle to get a good rhythm. Especially if it really blows there.
Need to watch a game there live to see what i mean !

No doubt, it's one of the best bits about test cricket watching batsmen bat on a track doing a bit.

was a bit disappointed in how we bowled.Thought we bowled a bit short and 2 sides of the track. Never been a kuggeleijn fan. has a bit of pace, but sprays it. I would have played Wagner.Southee has hardly taken a wicket for a fair while in tests too. Henry was very good and has been for a couple of years now and O'Rourke looks a beauty in only his second test

Having said that its a hard place to bowl quick. The wind really plays havoc and the quick guys can struggle to get a good rhythm. Especially if it really blows there.
Need to watch a game there live to see what i mean !
Looked like the shirts were flappin hard in the wind at times, no less how rugged up to lads in the shed were, like they were about to sail the arctic.

I'd have had wagner over southee as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back