Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 104 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 293 73.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But but but contested possessions aren’t really contested - see opposition supporters posts whinging about Daicos contested possessions

He wouldn't have even kicked the match winning goal if he'd been man enough to throw his body at the pack and try to win a contested possession. It says a lot that he prefers to use positioning, speed, and skills to kick match winning goals, it's just not good football if it doesn't include a contested possession.

No need to disparage Walsh, to try and make Daicos appear better.

Walsh avg 9.3 score involvements a game so far in 2024, the most of any player in the game. It aint his job to kick em, but he is having a huge impact on games.

Walsh is a star.

Daicos is something special.

💯

Really wish our supporters on here would stop denigrating other players just to pump up Nick.

No wonder there is so much push back from opposition supporters.

💯

Really wish our supporters on here would stop denigrating other players just to pump up Nick.

No wonder there is so much push back from opposition supporters.
I think it’s just tit for tat Rusty.

I’ve never seen BF react to a player ever in its history quite like Naicos. He is pounded week in week out by oppo supporters, (mainly Carlton). That’s why some of us give a little cheeky swipe back.

Most I think you’ll find is ‘banter’ though.

I’ve never seen BF react to a player ever in its history quite like Naicos. He is pounded week in week out by oppo supporters, (mainly Carlton). That’s why some of us give a little cheeky swipe back.

IMO There hasn’t been a player yet that is perfect has all bases covered.

Ablett Jnr coped similar comments about stat padding, Judd about his disposal, Martin about lack of defensive accountability etc etc.

Doesn’t mean they weren’t all absolute superstars in their own ways.

So those inclined are always going to have some angle. I guess that’s part and parcel of this forum. Ultimately it’s in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Ablett Jnr coped similar comments about stat padding, Judd about his disposal, Martin about lack of defensive accountability etc etc.
As those players grew in the game the nitpicking of their flaws became more and more ridiculous but in the end everyone knows where they stand.

It will be the same with Daicos.

If you watch the final 2 minutes of play from the weekend, you will notice Daicos boundary side in the last three ruck contests. Doesn't win the footy then but when the crucial boundary throw-in occurs, he directly points to Harvey Harrison and instructs him where to go. It's no coincidence the ball eventually finds it's way to Harrison who then taps on the footy to Daicos who swoops in to seal the game.

Exceptionally high footy IQ.
His father had the same traits. Could read which way a ball would bounce and judge his positioning on little things like that.

I truly want to dislike him but then I heard him on the radio ages back wanting to pay his brothers fine and then in his interview just seems so likable. But I still think in a lesser team like north or hawks we wouldn't even be discussing if he's the goat. He'd just be a good young player. Where as Reid I can see being the best in the league in a few years

Exactly, it's been deranged filth, happy to give a little back

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back