NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13 tips

Reservoir 8th vs Kilmore 7th Battle of the Two Blues. Reservoir looking to cause an upset and get their 2nd win of the season. For Kilmore it’s another opportunity for their younger players to get a win and look to 2024. Kilmore by 84 points

Old Eltham 4th vs Heidelberg West 5th. Massive game for both teams in context of finals appearance in 2023. The turtles welcome back Francis-Perkins while West have only one change getting Keenan back. Can West hold Williamson and Milne to 3 goals like they did in there round 4 victory over the Turtles. Evans has been a star for West all season and is a difficult match up for all sides. A turtles loss with see them equal with West however a win will see them jump 2 games plus percentage clear and make finals unlikely for West. At home Old Eltham have been terrific only dropping the one game which was the season opener to Mernda and I think their winning ways will continue. Old Eltham by 14 points

Kinglake 2nd vs Lalor 9th. The Lakers will look to bounce back after last week’s disappointing display against Mernda. Again the Lakers form away from home was poor and they are now in a fight for that all important double chance. They also lose Nixon, McNamara and Douglas however do regain Gilbert this week. For Lalor it was a tough day against premiership favourites Laurimar last week and they will look to try and keep this game under 100 points. Kinglake by 94 points

Laurimar 1st vs Fitzroy Stars 6th. The Power flexed their muscles last week and as a result of Kinglake’s loss to Mernda they jump into 1st position and in my view, continue as premiership favourites. The match up between Wilson and Burns will be a beauty. The stars would have been shattered in going down to Old Eltham by 4 points and finals might be out of reach they can play spoiler and try and cause an upset or two against final bound sides in Laurimar, Kinglake and Mernda. Power at home though too strong but game will be close. Laurimar by 21 points

Enjoy the footy

Obviously nothing came out of the Investigation re Kinglake and Lalor, it seems Social media posts havent stopped the Officials slagging other clubs again. When will people learn.
Certainly giving the club a horrid name when they are already in the position they are in.

Jacana came to mernda last night apparently, Pres copped a hiding I hear??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
allegedly a random Laurimar trouble maker who was dealt with by a senior player.
I doubt Jacana are attending their $5k draw.
stand to be corrected tho.

Times are really getting bad at Lalor players are playing Reserves and Seniors doubling up. Time to shut up shop unfortunately
That’s a terrible attitude. Full credit to the lads who did play and helped out the club. Way too many clubs have gone under the past few years.

Unfortunately too many people with a lack of heart and fortitude think “shut the doors” is the only answer. Seems to be a common theme among this generation. instant fixes and instant results.

There is hope for all clubs if they can continue move forward by hanging on to there good people and work towards building a culture and a creating some strong connections within the club.

Reservoir seem to hamstring things in order and there performance over the past 2 years have improved. They appear to be hanging on to there core young players and adding a couple of more competitive guys. If they can stick with there coach and then add a few more they have reason to think that they can continue to improve in 2024.

Old Eltham and West Heidelberg both were in big trouble a few years back. Before coming to the northern Ole Eltham had EGMs to keep the place going and faces the real possibility of closing the doors. West Heidelberg were out on there feet many times 10-15 years ago but seem to be heading the right direction with womens footy and under 19s.

No reason Lalor can’t stick fat and pull it back together if they have the heart and fortitude for it.

Full credit to the boys who did double up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a terrible attitude. Full credit to the lads who did play and helped out the club. Way too many clubs have gone under the past few years.

Unfortunately too many people with a lack of heart and fortitude think “shut the doors” is the only answer. Seems to be a common theme among this generation. instant fixes and instant results.

There is hope for all clubs if they can continue move forward by hanging on to there good people and work towards building a culture and a creating some strong connections within the club.

Reservoir seem to hamstring things in order and there performance over the past 2 years have improved. They appear to be hanging on to there core young players and adding a couple of more competitive guys. If they can stick with there coach and then add a few more they have reason to think that they can continue to improve in 2024.

Old Eltham and West Heidelberg both were in big trouble a few years back. Before coming to the northern Ole Eltham had EGMs to keep the place going and faces the real possibility of closing the doors. West Heidelberg were out on there feet many times 10-15 years ago but seem to be heading the right direction with womens footy and under 19s.

No reason Lalor can’t stick fat and pull it back together if they have the heart and fortitude for it.

Full credit to the boys who did double up.
Its not about attitude its the fact that the problem is they literally have no hope of getting back to being competitive ( and I hate the fact that it wont happen ) they have a very rich history and you only have to go to games to see that they unfortunately dont have the people there supporting the club . You dont want to see them suffer but at the moment they are suffering and its horrible to see. I dont think you can put me in the ' lack of heart ' club.

Left field solution for Lalor, and one that i am sure NFNL would put a block to, but i would propose to move the club to Wollert/North Epping.

Keep all the history of the club, maybe slightly change the jumper, but move to a catchment area where there are literally 1000s of kids running around and is sustainable.

No one in their right mind is moving to Lalor as a suburb. Many many families are moving to North Epping.

The league want a team there, as has already been documented, so id get in first and look to broker a deal with one of the schools there to use the facilities until a community venue is built. Its a short drive from Lalor, so your rusted on supporters/players will have no issue driving there.

Might be the lifeblood the club needs.

Obviously nothing came out of the Investigation re Kinglake and Lalor, it seems Social media posts havent stopped the Officials slagging other clubs again. When will people learn.
Certainly giving the club a horrid name when they are already in the position they are in.

Left field solution for Lalor, and one that i am sure NFNL would put a block to, but i would propose to move the club to Wollert/North Epping.

Keep all the history of the club, maybe slightly change the jumper, but move to a catchment area where there are literally 1000s of kids running around and is sustainable.

No one in their right mind is moving to Lalor as a suburb. Many many families are moving to North Epping.

The league want a team there, as has already been documented, so id get in first and look to broker a deal with one of the schools there to use the facilities until a community venue is built. Its a short drive from Lalor, so your rusted on supporters/players will have no issue driving there.

Absolutely great idea, although i reckon Epping will soook up.
I think they should have the biggest junior Club around given the growth out there.

Cricket club is booming. They don’t play footy
Yep, all these people moving into the area are too busy playing cricket in the middle of winter, on windy, freezing days, on school ovals with their like-minded friends

For some reason they prefer cricket over this wierd spot called footy

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would they still be called Lalor? Or Wollert?

What ever happened to the Donnybrook Dragons????? they all playing cricket in winter too??

Was supposed to be a new Junior Club entering the league last year??

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back