Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to go back to Melbourne at some stage to see this so called night life. When I last went there, everything was still open but dead as. Some of the staff were bored out of their brains.

exhibit a : lygon street melbourne

cafes open till 2am

full till then.

perth dies after 9pm.

Full? Rubbish.

I've been there several times on weekend footy trips and you can walk in to any of them and find a table easily.

They may be busy and full on occasion but it's not the norm. If it was, you wouldn't need the spruikers outside EVERY restaurant.

I thought this thread was about a new stadium, not who's balls were bigger based on where they live...

Or when and where they drink coffee or what time they start work....
Oh BTW I want new stadium that is big and comfortable and like Burswood location.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the tender process, lets hope the state government learns from the whole Perth Arena debacle... Embarrassing!

If we can believe the story in todays West there could be some additional cost to original estimate before they even start. Still we have a fairly good history of cost over runs on buildings in Perth.

i think thats a world wide thing. projects are never under budget. there are so many factors eg. unknowns, scope change. its not just a matter of it cost X millions then and now Y millions and therefore its not the same and therefore people are incompetant.

most people dont realise its very hard to get an estimate this early on. In order to get a +/- 30% (never -30%) etimate you have to have some design work done and even that hasnt happened yet. Most likely, comparisons have been made to another stadium similar size elsewhere 10 years ago, a factor applied and thats it. of course someone does some pretty pictures. thats not actually design. So i dont know why people get upset when its not accurate. its impossible without actually doing a design and even then you can get it to +/- 10%. thats what happens in every industry including mining/ oil and gas. projects in these industries go through these stages aswell. its just not enough to create hysteria

If we can believe the story in todays West there could be some additional cost to original estimate before they even start. Still we have a fairly good history of cost over runs on buildings in Perth.

They haven't estimated anything yet, the government is using a figure of $700m for a 60,000 seat stadium to be built at Subiaco at 2008 prices, so
We don't have an original estimate because they don't have a finalised design or a scope of works.

I'll use the arena as an example again, the papers quote a completely obscure figure that Multiplex forwarded for their own stadium concept years before the government committed too a different concept.

They haven't estimated anything yet, the government is using a figure of $700m for a 60,000 seat stadium to be built at Subiaco at 2008 prices, so
We don't have an original estimate because they don't have a finalised design or a scope of works.

I'll use the arena as an example again, the papers quote a completely obscure figure that Multiplex forwarded for their own stadium concept years before the government committed too a different concept.

The 700m figure has increased to 1b IF u believe channel tens report on tonight's news...

We'll have to wait and see what the scoping study comes up with. IIRC the 2008 stadium had underground parking and moveable seating for rectangular sports. If we drop those two parts, there should be a significant saving in construction costs.

We'll have to wait and see what the scoping study comes up with. IIRC the 2008 stadium had underground parking and moveable seating for rectangular sports. If we drop those two parts, there should be a significant saving in construction costs.
i really hope we dont do the underground carpark thing. We saw the problems Docklands had. It was just poor light. The whole playing surface only have a couple of metres before it was concrete underneath..

But significant increases in other areas, specifically earthworks.

There won't be any change for $1B, especially by the time you factor in Rail etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back