List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

put together some nice midfield games, this year has been poor no doubt and you'd question his future given he's in his prime and should be improving
I’m not gonna lie, I reckon last year was an outlier year where he was more consistent with his ability to impact games, and now he’s back to the norm

We shouldn’t be hoping he’s close to best 22 if we want to rise up the ladder

ya he was never the main man in there
Because we had gun midfield depth

Suggest you watch a replay of the final where Cloke was suspended for striking Edwards to get a clue as to why your comparison is crazy!

1726123752819.png

1726123879090.png
Here is where he would have sat in our top 10 players this year.

1726124094557.png

He was born on 9 January 1996, which makes him 27 in my calculations for this year as he was 27 as at 1 January, but he was 28 for most of the season. Will be 29 by round 1 next year.

Most players are on the downhill by 29. Hopefully that won't be the case here. IMO a borderline top 10 player for a non-finals club who will be 29 next season is not a high priority.

If he gets more than a 2 year contract, then this might be yet another case of us paying the salary of a 30+ player not to play AFL, and JR has given us far too many of those.

View attachment 2108589

View attachment 2108591
Here is where he would have sat in our top 10 players this year.

View attachment 2108595

He was born on 9 January 1996, which makes him 27 in my calculations for this year as he was 27 as at 1 January, but he was 28 for most of the season. Will be 29 by round 1 next year.

Most players are on the downhill by 29. Hopefully that won't be the case here. IMO a borderline top 10 player for a non-finals club who will be 29 next season is not a high priority.

If he gets more than a 2 year contract, then this might be yet another case of us paying the salary of a 30+ player not to play AFL, and JR has given us far too many of those.

Had been told it’s a 4 yr deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That doesn’t mean he was B grade
well however you define it, i classified an A grade mid in that sense, i guess B grade sounds disrespectful, but without the A graders the B graders are exposed, so by the time edwards was a full time mid in 05 and 06 our A grader in mcleod had dropped out of there with his knees, so come the pointy end of the season a couple of A grade mids come along in cousins and judd and they wipe the floor with us or Robert Harvey in a qualifying final. i probably should have said murphy was showing signs he could have been a B grader like Matthew bode or something that and it would have been a safer comment 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we had gun midfield depth

Suggest you watch a replay of the final where Cloke was suspended for striking Edwards to get a clue as to why your comparison is crazy!
edwards was part of that depth or are you suggesting we had a team with six A grade mids lol as there were 5 players in front of him at that time, mcleod, roo, johnson, goodwin, bickley

and regarding the preliminary final he got knocked out early not sure what your point is? in those days under ayres it was mcleod or nothing, goodwin and roo chipped in occasionally. sure as hell malthouse wasn't tagging edwards!

A high 2nd round pick for a 29 year old HFF. About what you would expect from J Reid and his incompetent department. The sad thing is alot of supporters will think this this is a good deal and the AFC know this. They know they don't need to go too much effort and play hardball. Regardless of the cost, they just need to bring in a player and the masses will be happy.

Serious case of buyer's remorse with this club. I hate what it has become.

A high 2nd round pick for a 29 year old HFF. About what you would expect from J Reid and his incompetent department. The sad thing is alot of supporters will think this this is a good deal and the AFC know this. They know they don't need to go too much effort and play hardball. Regardless of the cost, they just need to bring in a player and the masses will be happy.

Serious case of buyer's remorse with this club. I hate what it has become.
SO…we are taking this pick 25 as gospel?

edwards was part of that depth or are you suggesting we had a team with six A grade mids lol as there were 5 players in front of him at that time, mcleod, roo, johnson, goodwin, bickley

and regarding the preliminary final he got knocked out early not sure what your point is? in those days under ayres it was mcleod or nothing, goodwin and roo chipped in occasionally. sure as hell malthouse wasn't tagging edwards!

Edwards was arguably our best player that year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back