NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Chikka,

History has many times shown when the coach/es resign or get the chop, the players come to the fore, this game tomorrow at Graham Road can end in either of 2 ways. Aspley by a landslide or the Capital Magpies in a huge upset to win their second game for the season. For Morningside's sake it might be a case of a die in the heart Blues supporter going for a form of Magpie to get his wish.

Aspley will get a %age boost out of this game.

Harris, Crawford, Allen, Starcevich, Hall, Alderson, Edwards, Faure

Suns bench for this week, more of the same.

Is Yagmoor nominated for the rising star as a Suns player (who he played for when nominated) or a Morningside player?

If there is anyone left watching the Sun/Lions show have they tried to explain it there.

Chikka,

History has many times shown when the coach/es resign or get the chop, the players come to the fore, this game tomorrow at Graham Road can end in either of 2 ways. Aspley by a landslide or the Capital Magpies in a huge upset to win their second game for the season. For Morningside's sake it might be a case of a die in the heart Blues supporter going for a form of Magpie to get his wish.

My tips
Aspley
Suns
Redlands
Broadbeach

Pleasure to watch my beloved Cats yest arvo in the Alice.Was a nice day for it.Boys were hard at it all day to keep us in finals contention.Eagle at full fwd instead of full back helped the structure.Nt seem to struggle against teams with 3 tall marking fwds.

Hoping Aspley,Redlands,Broady and Suns lose but cannot see that happening.

NT
Aspley
Redlands
Suns

Not what you were looking for LOL. 0 from 4.

Looks like 4th and 5th will go right down to the wire and be decided Round 18. Percentage will prbably come into it.. Redland and Aspley favoured but Morningside and Broady not far away and even Southport coming right towards the end of the year. Without doubt the best season of QLD footy ever, and I am sure the finals will be good also.

Watched Cats/NT online and although Nt had a few out a good effort by Broady. Good game and possibly the best tackle of the season.

Also interesting that Suns and Lions ressies both had the same number of top ups yesterday. Suns won easily and most of their blokes are only going to get better. Suns to be a powerful AFL team in 2 -3 years for sure.

Not what you were looking for LOL. 0 from 4.

Looks like 4th and 5th will go right down to the wire and be decided Round 18. Percentage will prbably come into it.. Redland and Aspley favoured but Morningside and Broady not far away and even Southport coming right towards the end of the year. Without doubt the best season of QLD footy ever, and I am sure the finals will be good also.

Watched Cats/NT online and although Nt had a few out a good effort by Broady. Good game and possibly the best tackle of the season.

Also interesting that Suns and Lions ressies both had the same number of top ups yesterday. Suns won easily and most of their blokes are only going to get better. Suns to be a powerful AFL team in 2 -3 years for sure.

No favours from other clubs.Panthers just have to keep winning.

I retract any past comments regarding the business birdbet. Was misunderstood regarding the mentioned issues and are false. Its a legit/law abiding/respected business that fills a niche in the market and im wrong.

Has any of the state kids played for broadbeach yet if so who and how did they go

Boston,Davidson and Kolka played against lions . All 3 contributed at times. They did ok.Big Mitch Brewer who turned 19 two weeks ago has been a huge improver since round 1 and will go close to winning the most improved player come the cats awards night.

Brewer didnt play state Under 18. Surely he's not eligible? Hes a man mountain! Rucked really well against Vultures a month or so ago..

Yes Maurie, Brewer just turned 19. And if you saw him play in their next game you will notice how much he has improved since you saw him a number of weeks ago.Not just his ruck work but other facets of the game.
I see one of your players has pulled the boots on again after a couple of years off. Thats Dean Johnson who is still only 24 or so. A big guy who played a few senior games a couple of seasons ago. Hows he going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko to win the Grogan in front of Payne and Copeland and Smith (mt gravatt)
Surely the Suns or Lions must give Zorko a crack. The Lions have given 10 players a crack in the seniors this year and good on them, but in comparsion, when you look at the top couple of players in each other club, these guys are better footballers then most of the 10 lions given a crack at the big time.Yet they will proberly never get a chance to play at AFL senior level. The AFL clubs recruitment officers/talent scouts do a good job but geez they miss spotting talent as well.Yes the emphasis is so much on recruiting youth but there are footballers out there there that could make the grade.A big example is Posiady, the Geelong player.

Well the Thunder are showing cracks as I said on this forum in round 6 and I think round 12/13.Most of their guys have played 5 games or so before the start of this comp. and with the comp. being so competitive, the human body can only endure so much.Thus the injuries are occuring, travelling taking its toll and the other clubs continue to improve their game plans.
Yet, im not writing them off, as I said before, If they can rise above this they will win the flag and coach Davis is very astute.
In addition, the Suns are looking hot and will be hard to topple if they have a full list to choose from.The only other threat In my opinon is Mt Gravatt. They keep winning be it by small margins on occasions , but they know how to win. They have plenty of recent finals experience and just about the best coach in the comp, be it Lake.

Rnd 17 results

staminade 3 (50)
Footyfanatic1 3 (49)
stuyd 4 (49)
chikka ferguson 3 (47)
maurie 3 (47)
2010premier 3 (47)
pointer 2 (45)
BigE 3 (42)
Morphous 1 (41)
Lifes a Beach 3 (41)
Speedyunit 3 (41)
Thunderdoc 4 (41)

Rnd 17 results

staminade 3 (50)
Footyfanatic1 3 (49)
stuyd 4 (49)
chikka ferguson 3 (47)
maurie 3 (47)
2010premier 3 (47)
pointer 2 (45)
BigE 3 (42)
Morphous 1 (41)
Lifes a Beach 3 (41)
Speedyunit 3 (41)
Thunderdoc 4 (41)

If ThunderDoc tipped his loved Nt every week instead of tipping against them he may well be leading this comp.See on Thundervision sat you impersonated Shirvo once again.Pump thoes thighs Doc

Well the Thunder are showing cracks as I said on this forum in round 6 and I think round 12/13.Most of their guys have played 5 games or so before the start of this comp. and with the comp. being so competitive, the human body can only endure so much.Thus the injuries are occuring, travelling taking its toll and the other clubs continue to improve their game plans.
Yet, im not writing them off, as I said before, If they can rise above this they will win the flag and coach Davis is very astute.
In addition, the Suns are looking hot and will be hard to topple if they have a full list to choose from.The only other threat In my opinon is Mt Gravatt. They keep winning be it by small margins on occasions , but they know how to win. They have plenty of recent finals experience and just about the best coach in the comp, be it Lake.

i see Davis got another wrap in the ears collum of the couriers mail monday, he gets abpot 4 a year, does his brother send in the email?

Was just wondering what the selection process for team lists is like for clubs in the NEAFL - is it similar to WAFL/SANFL/VFL clubs where you are invited to do a pre-season and players are cut until the club has its required/limited amount? or is it as simple as paying your fees and playing?

If ThunderDoc tipped his loved Nt every week instead of tipping against them he may well be leading this comp.See on Thundervision sat you impersonated Shirvo once again.Pump thoes thighs Doc

Chikka

You are stretching it with your comparison to Shirvo. Hope the young Broadie fella is fine. The weather was cold and the stand is in the shade so I was happy to catch some sun !

Can't wait to run out at Klumpp Road this weekend and cop a spray from the locals. Last year I even got a mouthful from one of the young Mt Gravatt players !

Don't rate him as a coach?

i think he is a very good coach, needs to win a flag hasnt done so yet (coached in one gf but that was wayne brittians list). it was more an observation that there has been something in the ear about higher level clubs being interested in him 3 or 4 times now and i was wondering who was pushing the barrow thats all.

Some big games coming up to finish the season and shape the final 5.

There are still teams just outside the 5 that wouldn't surprise if they went all the way.

NT full strength still very hard to beat IMO.

:(
Was just wondering what the selection process for team lists is like for clubs in the NEAFL - is it similar to WAFL/SANFL/VFL clubs where you are invited to do a pre-season and players are cut until the club has its required/limited amount? or is it as simple as paying your fees and playing?

Bump! Can anyone help me out here? Trying to see if there are any/many differences in state leagues that may affect playing standards. Club admin and football operations all seem to be on the same plan/standard across the country. Any info would be great!

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back