Multiplat NBA Jam/On Fire Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NBA Jam

Is there much to this game? I mean what's the lifespan of it going to be.
NBA Street on the PS2 was damn good, as far as streetball, and quick fun, but it all went backwards in the sequel.

Oh, and I'm a little concerned about your preoccupation with your Boss, Glenno. ;)

He's the only one i know who has it!

I picked this up today

Pretty good so far. Being on fire isn't quite as powerful as it used to be, but very handy. Just smashed my first backboard too :thumbsu:

Also just heard the best line from a commentator after i made a block

"No hoop for you"

Pisser

Waiting for my boss to come online to have a go at the MP

NO HOOP FOR YOU!

the_soup_nazi017.jpg

classic :thumbsu:

WOW thought i would like it but after playing this bad boy for around an hour it's off already, it's should be a download off psn and i cant believe anybody would pay full price for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought it off eBay for about $40 all up. It's a very fun game with some nice improvements over the original, it's A LOT more lively than the SNES port with the nice remixed songs and the commentator constantly talking.
I was a bit surprised to see joystick controls in but they work really well and they're optional.

I have never bought a ps3 game oversease and played it online, i know they work with the ps3 but besides downloading DLC does the online work in any country?

Bought it off eBay for about $40 all up. It's a very fun game with some nice improvements over the original, it's A LOT more lively than the SNES port with the nice remixed songs and the commentator constantly talking.
I was a bit surprised to see joystick controls in but they work really well and they're optional.

Where are these remixed songs you talk about? I just get the same crappy tune in the menus and so fourth... apart from that, this game is awesome for some fun multiplayer games with mates... and Smash mode is awesome... but agree with the "not worth 70 bucks" and "no online games" comments. How can there be not 1 online multiplayer game in existence?

Also bought this the other day, have bought a whole host of games of late so its kinda taken a backseat, but its instant fun thats for sure.

Is anyone's online slightlyyyyy laggy??? Mine has about half a second behind from control to screen...if that makes sense.....felt bad for my teammate who is probably in the States somewhere as I sucked pretty bad haha

Also bought this the other day, have bought a whole host of games of late so its kinda taken a backseat, but its instant fun thats for sure.

Is anyone's online slightlyyyyy laggy??? Mine has about half a second behind from control to screen...if that makes sense.....felt bad for my teammate who is probably in the States somewhere as I sucked pretty bad haha

Online is laggy with people in the US. Goes for any game really. But it makes it feel like your controller is mud with the delays

Play with an Aussie, and its great. Local multiplayer is the best with the trash talk between mates

EA Bringing NBA Jam (2): On Fire Edition out this spring to PSN/XBLA and will feature numerous improvements (and hopefully a MUCH cheaper price).

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/new-nba-jam-downloading-to-hd-consoles-this-fall/3022/
In a press release, EA Sports revealed NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, a proper follow-up to last year’s NBA Jam title for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

New AI that is based on the system used in the Fight Night games is, perhaps, the most important of the new features mentioned so far, but fans can also look forward to roster updates and a co-op “Road Trip” component that will have pals battling it out against legends and current stars in “a series of white-knuckle challenges” against each NBA team.

Also, look forward to the usual NBA Jam trimmings: wild animations, secret characters, a scary announcer, and so on.

Eb want more than retail price for 90% of their pre owned games. Never used the EB return policy because i make sure i research the game before i buy it :p (reviews, word of mouth, videos on you tube)
They have no choice, its where they make their money. They wouldnt exist if they didn't charge an arm and a leg for their pre owns. There is no margin in new video games. None. And If they have to price match the poor bastards make a massive loss.

As much as I love video games the last thing I'd do with my life is sell them. Sitting in an empty shop watching people buy online at a price 70% cheaper than your buying price, must hurt.

The new NBA Jam On Fire edition gets a new and freaking AWESOME trailer.

Also a price that should equal out to about $20AU and one that EVERYONE should be jumping on at that.

Online co-op campaign, insane new dunks and better AI.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mutumbo's dunk at the 1 minute mark is something to behold.

[YOUTUBE]YOUWmyHOusU[/YOUTUBE]

you see now that is how the game should've come out as originally.

it looks absolutely fantastic and online co-op story mode is a ripper.

if it truly is priced around the 20 dollar mark you'd have to imagine it will sell through the roof.
i know i'll be getting it at that price mark.

I just got NBA Jam for iphone and I swear my battery life has never been the same since hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat NBA Jam/On Fire Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back