Expansion National reserves competition in 2025. Are you in favour?

Are you in favour of a national reserves competition

• Yes

Votes: 193 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 17.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha - ok champ - I'm wrong.

Now you go sit by yourself in an stand watching WAFL this weekend and tell me that it is a top their comp and WA administrations and fans haven't admitted that it is over.

Just don't try and send the proud Vic clubs the same way as the WA mess.
You don’t know wtf your on about, no it’s not top tier but definitely the second tier and on a par with the VFL if not better and it doesn’t bend over to the AFL clubs which is probably what you’re used to.

Fans don’t give a s**t about reserves in any number. They never have and they never will.
Maybe not on a large scale, but I'd also argue that those that rock up to watch Richmond play in the VFL would be just as if not more likely to watch us play in a reserves competition. I'd certainly have more interest in it than playing some random state league team I don't care about. At least watching our reserves I get a truer sense of our list against the actual league we compete in and other teams.

If the state league comps are strong enough to stand alone without AFL clubs playing in them, then that's fantastic for state league footy.

Who loses out here? Everyone's happy.

Haha - ok champ - I'm wrong.

Now you go sit by yourself in an stand watching WAFL this weekend and tell me that it is a top their comp and WA administrations and fans haven't admitted that it is over.

Just don't try and send the proud Vic clubs the same way as the WA mess.

And where is this magical second tier comp getting huge crowds to their games? The WAFL and SANFL are still great leagues but unfortunately the crowds don’t attend in large numbers.
And what is over? Stop making sweeping statements without any substance to them.
And even if the future was bleak why would you be happy about it?

And what proud Vic clubs are you talking about? The VFL at this minute would be running a distant third to the other two leagues.

You’re just talking nonsense.

Maybe not on a large scale, but I'd also argue that those that rock up to watch Richmond play in the VFL would be just as if not more likely to watch us play in a reserves competition. I'd certainly have more interest in it than playing some random state league team I don't care about. At least watching our reserves I get a truer sense of our list against the actual league we compete in and other teams.

If the state league comps are strong enough to stand alone without AFL clubs playing in them, then that's fantastic for state league footy.

Who loses out here? Everyone's happy.

Why do you care who you play? All you should be interested in is how your club goes. The Eagles had 15 AFL listed players grace the field last weekend in the WAFL and got belted. That should tell you about what level AFL reserves will be.

Why do you care who you play? All you should be interested in is how your club goes. The Eagles had 15 AFL listed players grace the field last weekend in the WAFL and got belted. That should tell you about what level AFL reserves will be.
But that's fine, that doesn't bother me. I want to see the AFL teams compete, this mash mash of AFL teams reserves plus some random state teams that doesn't interest me.

Like I said, how my club goes is relevant to the opposition. They're competing against 17 other AFL clubs reserves to me gives a better view.

And where is this magical second tier comp getting huge crowds to their games? The WAFL and SANFL are still great leagues but unfortunately the crowds don’t attend in large numbers.
And what is over? Stop making sweeping statements without any substance to them.
And even if the future was bleak why would you be happy about it?

And what proud Vic clubs are you talking about? The VFL at this minute would be running a distant third to the other two leagues.

You’re just talking nonsense.
I lived in WA for a couple of years until recently, the standard of the WAFL really did surprise me.
There are at least 4 leagues in Victoria outside of the VFL better than the WAFL. Top WAFL teams would struggle to win a game against the better Vic suburban teams. Thay would go winless with an average of 100 point loses against VFL teams.

WAFL and SANFL are dead, I just don't want the VFA clubs to be dragged down and killed off because of the minow states incompetence.

I lived in WA for a couple of years until recently, the standard of the WAFL really did surprise me.
There are at least 4 leagues in Victoria outside of the VFL better than the WAFL. Top WAFL teams would struggle to win a game against the better Vic suburban teams. Thay would go winless with an average of 100 point loses against VFL teams.

WAFL and SANFL are dead, I just don't want the VFA clubs to be dragged down and killed off because of the minow states incompetence.

Well my mates boy who was drafted from East Perth to a VIC club and is playing in the VFL said the VFL is miles below the WAFL so do t know what your talking about.
The VFL is not as strong as either of the WA or SA leagues and you are saying there is 4 other leagues in Victoria stronger than the VFL then.
You really are off your rocker champ, you clearly know little about the sport at all. Now go away and let us adults talk about things.

Well my mates boy who was drafted from East Perth to a VIC club and is playing in the VFL said the VFL is miles below the WAFL so do t know what your talking about.
The VFL is not as strong as either of the WA or SA leagues and you are saying there is 4 other leagues in Victoria stronger than the VFL then.
You really are off your rocker champ, you clearly know little about the sport at all. Now go away and let us adults talk about things.
Well you keep telling yourself that champion. Meanwhile, AFL clubs in WA and SA are begging to join a Victorian league because their development players are playing against 16-year-old kids and old fat panel beaters.

But you seem to be a better judge of talent than West Coast and Freo management. Maybe if you are so clever, you could take over the corpse of the WAFL and try and do a bit of CPR on it??

Well you keep telling yourself that champion. Meanwhile, AFL clubs in WA and SA are begging to join a Victorian league because their development players are playing against 16-year-old kids and old fat panel beaters.

But you seem to be a better judge of talent than West Coast and Freo management. Maybe if you are so clever, you could take over the corpse of the WAFL and try and do a bit of CPR on it??

Their development players can’t get a kick in the WAFL so they are heading over to a much easier league where all the kiddies can play together and leave the men to play in the WAFL and SANFL. You can all have training sessions against each other and you won’t have to put up with the embarrassment of being an AFL listed player who can’t get a kick in second tier footy and getting towelled up weekly by semi pro players.

Hahaha - this didn't happen. You are now making a goose of yourself.

VFL is about a third AFL AFL-listed players, all of whom are better than the best WAFL and SANFL-listed players -or they would be AFL-listed.

There are 13 AFL-affiliated VFL teams. AFL lists are approx 44-45 players, depending on a few rules. Assuming all AFL players are fit, the second their comp has 22 players available. That's 286 AFL list standard players playing in the VFL across 16 teams, an average of 17.875 players per team. This doesn't take into account the obvious fact that players who are fringe AFL will head to the VFL to get noticed because it is the best league outside of the AFL, so in reality, it probably has about 500 of the best 600 hundred players in the country not playing AFL - but I'll just ignore that bit to try and save you some dignity.

Compare that to the WAFL - 10 team, 2 AFL reserve teams, total 44 AFL listed players running around in the entire WAFL comp. That's 4.4 AFL listed players per team.

Are you seriously going to post on here that your mate's son says that a team with 4.4 AFL listed players is a better standard than a team with 17.85??

Do you have the courage to name him the kid you are pretending to quote? Or will you hide now like a coward - or is it time just to admit you just caught out making s**t up.

What an absolute imbecile you are thinking you could bullshit your way through this one. Delete your account - you're cooked, your bullshit got caught out.

Haha. I cant believe you tied that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their development players can’t get a kick in the WAFL so they are heading over to a much easier league where all the kiddies can play together and leave the men to play in the WAFL and SANFL. You can all have training sessions against each other and you won’t have to put up with the embarrassment of being an AFL listed player who can’t get a kick in second tier footy and getting towelled up weekly by semi pro players.
So you are saying WA prospects are moving over to Victoria to train against other AFL prospects - and you think that is bad??. Shooting yourself in the foot now idiot. Log off chamop - you're cooked.

Hahaha - this didn't happen. You are now making a goose of yourself.

VFL is about a third AFL AFL-listed players, all of whom are better than the best WAFL and SANFL-listed players -or they would be AFL-listed.

There are 13 AFL-affiliated VFL teams. AFL lists are approx 44-45 players, depending on a few rules. Assuming all AFL players are fit, the second their comp has 22 players available. That's 286 AFL list standard players playing in the VFL across 16 teams, an average of 17.875 players per team. This doesn't take into account the obvious fact that players who are fringe AFL will head to the VFL to get noticed because it is the best league outside of the AFL, so in reality, it probably has about 500 of the best 600 hundred players in the country not playing AFL - but I'll just ignore that bit to try and save you some dignity.

Compare that to the WAFL - 10 team, 2 AFL reserve teams, total 44 AFL listed players running around in the entire WAFL comp. That's 4.4 AFL listed players per team.

Are you seriously going to post on here that your mate's son says that a team with 4.4 AFL listed players is a better standard than a team with 17.85??

Do you have the courage to name him the kid you are pretending to quote? Or will you hide now like a coward - or is it time just to admit you just caught out making s**t up.

What an absolute imbecile you are thinking you could bullshit your way through this one. Delete your account - you're cooked, your bullshit got caught out.

Haha. I cant believe you tied that.

You really are brain dead. Tell me how then that the two SA teams and the 2 WA teams are barely competitive in those leagues with all those listed AFL Players?
Most of the AFL listed players you are talking about are kids (colts) players with potential only. They are not good footballers yet and hence get towelled up by good senior second tier players.
You sure you have actually seen football played?
You really are an AFL numpty, head office dream supporter who believes everything the AFL say.
Your ridiculous stats are wrong as 8 WAFL clubs don’t have any AFL listed players and still easily take care of AFL reserves teams.
Christ didn’t Werribee play in the VFL GF last year? No AFL listed players there either. How did that happen?

And I am not going to babe my mates boy, do your homework . I told you he was drafted from East Perth so work it out yourself.

Anyway continue on thinking colts teams are stronger than seasoned men’s teams.
Wow, talk about deluded.

So you are saying WA prospects are moving over to Victoria to train against other AFL prospects - and you think that is bad??. Shooting yourself in the foot now idiot. Log off chamop - you're cooked.

Well the AFL teams seconds in WA and SA are looking for somewhere their teams can be competitive as they are not in WA or SA. Again how is that possible playing against clubs with no AFL listed players?

you are hilarious

You really are brain dead. Tell me how then that the two SA teams and the 2 WA teams are barely competitive in those leagues with all those listed AFL Players?
Most of the AFL listed players you are talking about are kids (colts) players with potential only. They are not good footballers yet and hence get towelled up by good senior second tier players.
You sure you have actually seen football played?
You really are an AFL numpty, head office dream supporter who believes everything the AFL say.
Your ridiculous stats are wrong as 8 WAFL clubs don’t have any AFL listed players and still easily take care of AFL reserves teams.
Christ didn’t Werribee play in the VFL GF last year? No AFL listed players there either. How did that happen?

And I am not going to babe my mates boy, do your homework . I told you he was drafted from East Perth so work it out yourself.

Anyway continue on thinking colts teams are stronger than seasoned men’s teams.
Wow, talk about deluded.
Haha - you're not helping yourself!!!

Saying that Westcoast reserves struggle against 16-year-old kids and 40-year-old panel beaters isn't the flex you think it is 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

WAFL and SANFL consist of 80% non-AFL listed players. Their biggest games of the year, the highlight of their lives, are games against the VFL rep side - which is made up of the small minority of non-AFL listed players who have no interest in the Micky Mouse game
The cream of the WAFL and SANFL against those making up the numbers in VFL, those who aren't good enough to get paid in the half dozen Vic leagues that pay more than WA or SA leagues. And the minow states still struggle.

Log off mate - you are just making a real d!ck of yourself.

Hopefully reserves just follows the seniors fixture to make things easier and everyone gets two games for one ticket price.
Very doubtful. They might be on the same day but at different grounds. Which makes me doubt there will be the interest some on here think there will be.
The 90's are dead

Haha - you're not helping yourself!!!

Saying that Westcoast reserves struggle against 16-year-old kids and 40-year-old panel beaters isn't the flex you think it is 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

WAFL and SANFL consist of 80% non-AFL listed players. Their biggest games of the year, the highlight of their lives, are games against the VFL rep side - which is made up of the small minority of non-AFL listed players who have no interest in the Micky Mouse game
The cream of the WAFL and SANFL against those making up the numbers in VFL, those who aren't good enough to get paid in the half dozen Vic leagues that pay more than WA or SA leagues. And the minow states still struggle.

Log off mate - you are just making a real d!ck of yourself.

Eagles listed players who play in their reserves side, look like shite against 8 other teams. Those panelbeaters are better than the Eagles reserves, you bet they are.

Very doubtful. They might be on the same day but at different grounds. Which makes me doubt there will be the interest some on here think there will be.
The 90's are dead
The AFL should do it to make sure it doesn’t impact local state leagues etc. AFL responsibility should be to help the state leagues as well imo. AFL clubs out of the leagues will allow the leagues to reset.

Back