Preview NAB Challenge - Pies v Blues (closed, pls move discussion to game day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I saw in the Video, the Trainers lifted his Leg off the Ground to take Pressure off it
The video only shows the bad part. As they would, Stevens is a flog. I was there on Friday, it looked bad at first, but he jogged it off and wanted to go back out but obviously was told not too. I would be very very surprised if he wasn't right for our last nab challenge match, wouldn't expect him this week as precaution.

Moore completed full training on Friday, didn't seem to be hindering from much anymore.

Still wouldn't expect him to play, not sure if it's as bad as people let on

Maynard and witts both trained, would expect them both in.

Thanks for the Update.

Well He could play in VFL but I think it be with Limited Time. I think Moore would been back Quicker if he was Older

What I saw in the Video, the Trainers lifted his Leg off the Ground to take Pressure off it
And Neil over at Nick's who was actually there, saw Jesse jogging around afterwards.

Video won't show everything, especially when it's channel 7 trying to sensationalize a story.

And Neil over at Nick's who was actually there, saw Jesse jogging around afterwards.

Video won't show everything, especially when it's channel 7 trying to sensationalize a story.

True - Can’t Believe the Media as Bad Collingwood News = Ratings/Readers

No, but I've been predominantly drunk and/or asleep since Friday.

I am in your boat Fig. Had no idea White gor injured. Hope he is right for the Brions.

Well in my Opinion you must have not much happening then

I have been at the local cricket and am now sitting on my deck with a cold one. Very happy to have not much happening.

I have been at the local cricket and am now sitting on my deck with a cold one. Very happy to have not much happening.

Nothing Wrong with a Drink but You get so Drunk that you don’t remember what you did on the Weekend is Sad in my Book

Nothing Wrong with a Drink but You get so Drunk that you don’t remember what you did on the Weekend is Sad in my Book

Fair enough TD. The days of forgetting stuff are over for me. I just enjoy a few cold ones on a Sunday arvo at home. I do go very hard though when the mighty Pies are playing ;)

On the contrary it is the fringe players who need NAB cup 2 and 3 to press their claims. Especially Karnezis, De Goey amd White, who are not confirmed best 22, will be dying to play again to press their claims. Agree Keeffe and Seedsman would be good to see but Maynard, Goodyear, Moore and Marsh will all be starting the year in the VFL almost certainly so shouldn't get games ahead of those who are in contention for a round 1 AFL spot

If they don't play in the nab cup at all then they are likely not to play round one but the chance but they could easily make a case for round one if given the chance.

If they don't play in the nab cup at all then they are likely not to play round one but the chance but they could easily make a case for round one if given the chance.
Think the thing that needs to be considered is there is a pretty long line of players in front of them vying for a place and there are a number of senior players who will need to come in as the season approaches. On a list of ~40 there have to be a few at the end of the line. These guys are either 1st year players who were not early draft picks and the history of such guys is they play very little in their 1st year or are coming back from injury and have no senior experience. It's not a problem to be holding such players beck from senior experience. If they excel like a Langdon they will get a chance but most of them are not ready.

Much rather see Crisp, Karnezis, Sinclair etc. guys outside the 22 but have done their apprenticeship and are ready to contend. Would hate to see players at that stage miss out on pressing their claim. Maynard and the others have time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the thing that needs to be considered is there is a pretty long line of players in front of them vying for a place and there are a number of senior players who will need to come in as the season approaches. On a list of ~40 there have to be a few at the end of the line. These guys are either 1st year players who were not early draft picks and the history of such guys is they play very little in their 1st year or are coming back from injury and have no senior experience.

Much rather see Crisp, Karnezis, Sinclair etc. guys outside the 22 but have done their apprenticeship and are ready to contend. Would hate to see players at that stage miss out on pressing their claim. Maynard and the others have time.

History also shows that there are always some late draftees that come on early. We shouldn't be stopping us from seeing the Langdon. Crisp, Karnezis and Sinclair already made themselves a good case for selection in the nab challenge and we've seen enough from them over the years, they've already pressed they're claims. Guys like Maynard, Goodyear etc. we should play them now so we can see how they contend against AFL bodies. We don't have any other chance throughout the year. We shouldn't stop ourselves from letting younger guys flourish just because a few older guys lists spots are on the line. That's just footy. Also there are three nab challenge games with 26 spots available each game. Its likely we can put in both guys contenting and young guys.

If guys like Sinclair, Karnezis or Crisp don't make it, it will be because they're not good enough not because they missed out on one nab challenge game because we wanted to see how the younger guys go I would hate for us to miss out on this year Langdon because we didn't give them a chance.

It's not a problem to be holding such players beck from senior experience.If they excel like a Langdon they will get a chance but most of them are not ready.

Its also not a problem giving players senior experiencing early. We won't know they're not ready until we see them.

Its also not a problem giving players senior experiencing early. We won't know they're not ready until we see them.

It is a problem if it impacts on the ability for players like Karnezis, Crisp, Varcoe, Greenwood to blend with our existing core. It would be nice to see the newbies out of interest, but not at the expense of getting the top 22 ready for round 1.

It is a problem if it impacts on the ability for players like Karnezis, Crisp, Varcoe, Greenwood to blend with our existing core. It would be nice to see the newbies out of interest, but not at the expense of getting the top 22 ready for round 1.

We should also give the newbies a chance to be apart of the best 22. Game 2 we should give everyone else outside our best 22 that didn't play in game one a chance to make their case and in game three based blend the guys that made the best case with our most of our walk up starts.

We should also give the newbies a chance to be apart of the best 22. Game 2 we should give everyone else outside our best 22 that didn't play in game one a chance to make their case and in game three based blend the guys that made the best case with our most of our walk up starts.

No. If they are not considered a real chance for round 1 then I would rather the club work on getting the best 22 ready. I really don't think Maynard or Goodyear are being considered for round 1. Better to build the touch and cohesion of the core group who are in real consideration from round 1.

I dont know much about this Maynard kid
Is he a chance to play rd 1? Can someone give me a rough overview of his position and strenghts

Is he a chance to play rd 1? Can someone give me a rough overview of his position and strenghts
Unlikely to play round 1. Was our second pick at number 30, played TAC cup as a rebounding half back, and later in the season through the midfield. Has a beautiful kick, is a left footer, and he won the best & fairest for the Sandrinham Dragons last year.
Had questions over his endurance last year, but seemed to improve that as the season went on, as evidenced by his successful transition to the midfield later in the year.

It's pretty likely that he will play at least 1 NAB game. Most here seem to be pretty keen to see if he looks comfortable at senior level (myself included).

Unlikely to play round 1. Was our second pick at number 30, played TAC cup as a rebounding half back, and later in the season through the midfield. Has a beautiful kick, is a left footer, and he won the best & fairest for the Sandrinham Dragons last year.
Had questions over his endurance last year, but seemed to improve that as the season went on, as evidenced by his successful transition to the midfield later in the year.

It's pretty likely that he will play at least 1 NAB game. Most here seem to be pretty keen to see if he looks comfortable at senior level (myself included).

He will play Next Weekend either the VFL Practise Game Down at Geelong on Saturday on in the NAB Challenge on Sunday

Endurance is his biggest weakness, won't see him in the AFL till 2016 at the earliest imo.

He isn't the type you'd use as the sub

We should be preparing the round 1 team, with some of the fringe guys coming in and playing roles, there will be time for the new guys to put their hands up in the VFL over the course of the year. Everything should be geared towards beating Brisbane in round 1. If they are not a genuine chance for round 1, then leave them out.

We should be preparing the round 1 team, with some of the fringe guys coming in and playing roles, there will be time for the new guys to put their hands up in the VFL over the course of the year. Everything should be geared towards beating Brisbane in round 1. If they are not a genuine chance for round 1, then leave them out.

Yes. I would hope that we see Cloke, Pendles and Swan play against Carlton with Reid getting a run in the next game. Everything must be geared towards playing our strongest side possible for round 1.

Think the thing that needs to be considered is there is a pretty long line of players in front of them vying for a place and there are a number of senior players who will need to come in as the season approaches. On a list of ~40 there have to be a few at the end of the line. These guys are either 1st year players who were not early draft picks and the history of such guys is they play very little in their 1st year or are coming back from injury and have no senior experience. It's not a problem to be holding such players beck from senior experience. If they excel like a Langdon they will get a chance but most of them are not ready.

Theres no doubt in my mind Buckley will do what you're suggesting as its the only logical way to manage a team. We wont overlook our players just outside of the 22 and be like '...next!' purely because we have a lot of hype surrounding our young guns. They're going to have to work just as hard as everyone else to make a case to get into the side. If they deserve it they'll get a chance eventually, its as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back