NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope yeo can find consistency in the midfield,was awesome last year for stretches but can go majorly missing

Why rag on about Jetta when most of our senior players were rubbish? It's a practice match with managed minutes in which we went una man down. Add the fact that we only had one true inside midfielder in Hutchings and a player like Jetta will not get to play his natural game.
Because There wasn't a senior player worse than Jetta and if anyone should of had motivation to play well it should of been Jetts. Will see how he goes next week with better player's around him

Wow... relax guys, it was a nothing game.

Clearly the mindset of the lineup was to rest our seniors from a pointless interstate trip, as there will be many more, whilst also allowing those that don't get many chances of experiencing AFL intensity football to get a taste of what it's like.

If you thought we were going to win, well you're right! We did win.. No Injuries is all I wanted to see out of today.

Stop comparing a side with finals experience and proven structure, to an inexperienced side with no I50 targets and a structure that had more holes than a spaghetti strainer.

Lamb looked good.
Hutchings played really well and proved he'll be pushing spots all year.
Adamson did some nice things but came off as extremely rushed every time it came to a disposal.
Duggan looked a little rusty.
Hill did some really nice things in the first half
As did Bennell

Positive signs.. I'd like to see how we go against Gold Coast when these younger players are given specific roles in a structure, more so if they can execute them.

Though again, I'll take no injuries in the NAB cup all day everyday.

I would say most of us are pretty chill few headbangers about but that's to be expected.

Simmo doesn't want to let any opposition teams know our new moves, today's shitness will be long forgotten when we are well into the season.

I saw about ten minutes of the game and meh it's February

If rather start slow to the year then peak late which is what Hawks, Geelong and swans did when they won flags

Ther was nothing at stake today ....zilch

This was no more than a practice match for the eagles as a club but not so for almost 80% of that team who should have been out there to impress for a round 1 spot or to push themselves up the pecking order.
The biggest disappointments for the experienced players were jetta and yeo. Both were poor in attitude and application. The senior players didnt show good leadership or example to the youngsters hence a 100 point thumping in really 3 quarters which no matter the side on the park is poor.
Of the younger brigade Tom Cole showed good agression and speed and looks one for the future. Partington was playing in the middle and obviously didnt have the body strength of the crows on ballers and thus struggled. Allen looks to be a good project player did some good things but got outpointed in most marking contests against a gun in Talia. Adamson impressed he had good intensity and willingness to work hard for others was one of our better players. Lamb didnt do a hell of a lot but didnt go up there much. Duggan was very rusty and seemed rushed needs some games and might not be best 22 for the 1st game if sheed and redden are available might need a couple in the wafl to get some confidence up. Nelson tried hard but got beaten in too many 1 on 1s. Mcinnes was good did a good job up against jacobs and jenkins.
Now to the players who need to be delisted Paddy Brophy is barely a Wafl player let alone an afl rookie not up to it at all had no idea.
Brant College absolute deadwood not worth persisting with and a waste of a list space
Kane Lucas soft as butter no impact seagull good wafl player not afl standard.
The biggest positive for the real season was Jamie Bennell in the 1st qtr. He was sensational as a small forward and crumbed very well pity it only lasted for 1 qtr but with a full strength side i would like to see him trialled at the feet of darling and kennedy.

Because There wasn't a senior player worse than Jetta and if anyone should of had motivation to play well it should of been Jetts. Will see how he goes next week with better player's around him
Meh, when the whole team is basically playing bruise free footy in a meaningless game I am none too worried.

Meh, when the whole team is basically playing bruise free footy in a meaningless game I am none too worried.
I'm not that worried but 3 possessions is just bad. I wouldn't imagine he's had many 3 possession games in his career haha On a positive note Lamb on the lead is impressive hopefully he can lock a few games down this year

I just hope yeo can find consistency in the midfield,was awesome last year for stretches but can go majorly missing

A bit like Jetta he is a midfielder who will thrive with better support around him. At full strength currently he is behind guys like Gaff, Priddis and Shuey as our most influential midfielder so he won't get a hard tag or be matched head to head against the opposition's best midfielder regularly. I'd like to see him used off a HFF more regularly as well.

This was no more than a practice match for the eagles as a club but not so for almost 80% of that team who should have been out there to impress for a round 1 spot or to push themselves up the pecking order.
The biggest disappointments for the experienced players were jetta and yeo. Both were poor in attitude and application. The senior players didnt show good leadership or example to the youngsters hence a 100 point thumping in really 3 quarters which no matter the side on the park is poor.
Of the younger brigade Tom Cole showed good agression and speed and looks one for the future. Partington was playing in the middle and obviously didnt have the body strength of the crows on ballers and thus struggled. Allen looks to be a good project player did some good things but got outpointed in most marking contests against a gun in Talia. Adamson impressed he had good intensity and willingness to work hard for others was one of our better players. Lamb didnt do a hell of a lot but didnt go up there much. Duggan was very rusty and seemed rushed needs some games and might not be best 22 for the 1st game if sheed and redden are available might need a couple in the wafl to get some confidence up. Nelson tried hard but got beaten in too many 1 on 1s. Mcinnes was good did a good job up against jacobs and jenkins.
Now to the players who need to be delisted Paddy Brophy is barely a Wafl player let alone an afl rookie not up to it at all had no idea.
Brant College absolute deadwood not worth persisting with and a waste of a list space
Kane Lucas soft as butter no impact seagull good wafl player not afl standard.
The biggest positive for the real season was Jamie Bennell in the 1st qtr. He was sensational as a small forward and crumbed very well pity it only lasted for 1 qtr but with a full strength side i would like to see him trialled at the feet of darling and kennedy.

Agree with all of that ... some punctuation might have helped though.

A bit like Jetta he is a midfielder who will thrive with better support around him. At full strength currently he is behind guys like Gaff, Priddis and Shuey as our most influential midfielder so he won't get a hard tag or be matched head to head against the opposition's best midfielder regularly. I'd like to see him used off a HFF more regularly as well.
Your sponsored player showed enough to suggest he'll play a bit for us in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every player plays better with players around them ....and I mean every

Yeo only had two more touches, but also had the advantage of being more capable on the inside and is also more of a marking target - so he should have gotten more touches than Jetta. Plus Yeo is more familiar with the other players and our structures.

Yeo only had two more touches, but also had the advantage of being more capable on the inside and is also more of a marking target - so he should have gotten more touches than Jetta. Plus Yeo is more familiar with the other players and our structures.
True but think Jetta had more to play for first game in Eagle colours and there is no guarantee he will be in the best 22 come rnd1

Watching the suns/brissie game ... very scrappy. The crows are obviously well advanced in their preparations and structures. They will be a force this year, I reckon. Crouch and Milera will add a lot to that team, just as I hope Jetta and Redden do for us.

It's what we as fans will need to learn to accept somewhat from Jetta. It's the style of player he is, heavy on the outside and minimal on the inside. Coming from a team like Sydney that have depth in there inside midfielder stocks worked well for Jetta's game style but its where he need to adapt at West Coast.
His asset is his outside run and if he can't get that going his game suffers and motivation wanes. That's a standout deficiency that he needs to work in, his consistency and staying involved in the game.

I only could watch spurts of the second half but I agree on today he needs to get involved more and with a stronger midfield around him I'm backing him in to achieve that. He will know that today wasn't his desired output and comes season proper if he is content with a extra flashy 5 - 10 possession effort than he needs a kick up the backside. People marking his cars on one extremely poor pre season game are jumping the gun just a touch.

Mark this if you want, I'm sure he will be better with a stronger midfield around him when he can play his natural game, run on the wider field at Domain and use his kick well going inside 50.

Don't really care about the result, highlight was the fact we're playing our best team over the next two games (14-15 ins according to Longmuir).

Your sponsored player showed enough to suggest he'll play a bit for us in the future.

I like the kid. Was really into him pre the draft and when we went for Mutimer at our 3rd pick I was a bit bummed thinking we'd missed our chance, due to the club saying they would only use three picks. Sure enough we used a fourth pick on Allan and I for one couldn't have been happier.

Already a good size and has experience against at SANFL Reserves level. Will enjoy watching hos development just hope it continues as a tall forward and not as a Bontempelli or Cripps sized midfielder which has been mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back