Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

I wear long stops because it is a very soft ground, yeah you do tend to slip over a bit but it is still a beautiful ground.

willo1 can you fill me in on why jarrod nuttal, troy mcmaster and luke schwenke (not sure on spelling) have put in for clearences will they be hard to replace if they get cleared.

willo1 can you fill me in on why jarrod nuttal, troy mcmaster and luke schwenke (not sure on spelling) have put in for clearences will they be hard to replace if they get cleared.
I'm not 100% sure on their exact reason but I have heard a couple of things on the grapevine. Mainly that they want to head out of town and play together with their mates with no pressure put on them.
There is no doubt that they are quality players, but United have some handy new players and depth in the reserves to fill the void left by them.

Too right. Barooga are spending like wildfire. They have so far signed 5 GVFL players, and 1 PDFL player. It would be interesting to see how much they have received from the Barooga Sports Club in the last few years.
Mate, you'd be surprised how tight the Barooga Sports Club are with the $$$. I can tell you back in the mid 90's they were throwing it about but you can rest assured there are clubs in the Murray League shelling out more than Barooga these days (take Mulwala for example).

Mate, you'd be surprised how tight the Barooga Sports Club are with the $$$. I can tell you back in the mid 90's they were throwing it about but you can rest assured there are clubs in the Murray League shelling out more than Barooga these days (take Mulwala for example).
Yeah maybe mate, but 5 GVFL players just dont decide to go and play in the lower standard league for a meat pie and a can of coke. Mulwala are also spending a lot of money, but fortunately for them, Mulwala is growing like wildfire and their are plenty of employment opportunities for them to line players up with, as well as the fact the Mulwala is a beautiful place to live.

just wondering what your tip is for the dark horse this season? and any hot favourites in thirds?

just wondering what your tip is for the dark horse this season? and any hot favourites in thirds?
In my opinion, the dark horse in the senior competition Congupna and maybe even Tocumwal with a new coach. In the thirds, I would say Finley, Congupna, Mulwala, Echuca United and Tongala will be strong sides, but watch Deniliqiun and Moama as they may cause a few upsets.

In my opinion, the dark horse in the senior competition Congupna and maybe even Tocumwal with a new coach. In the thirds, I would say Finley, Congupna, Mulwala, Echuca United and Tongala will be strong sides, but watch Deniliqiun and Moama as they may cause a few upsets.

Yeah i think Tocumwal will have a fairly competitive side could do a bit of damage.
Im hearing good things about Mulwala and Congupna in thirds. Any idea on any dominate players to look out for?

Roger Toll is tied up with Moama in 2007 and is originally from Gisborne. Could he have something to do with it?

No i don't think so perhaps you should stop bagging ex - president of Gisborne he left on good terms with all players and committee whilst he was president, it maybe some person connected with moama football club who has a relative playing for Gisbonr Senior's who has done all the poaching.

Yeah i think Tocumwal will have a fairly competitive side could do a bit of damage.
Im hearing good things about Mulwala and Congupna in thirds. Any idea on any dominate players to look out for?
From Mulwala keep your eyes on Thomas Wilson, Dylan Flanagan and Jackson Cooper. For Congupna, their better players include Steele Sidebottom, Chris Dickson and Matthew Pianto. Where are you from mate? Who do you play for?

No i don't think so perhaps you should stop bagging ex - president of Gisborne he left on good terms with all players and committee whilst he was president, it maybe some person connected with moama football club who has a relative playing for Gisbonr Senior's who has done all the poaching.
Settle down, havn't bagged the bloke once. I know him and he's a top bloke. Just trying to find out who is trying to get players from Gisborne, and he was the first person that came to mind seeing he is originally from there.

Do you know who this Moama person is that has a relative from Gisborne seniors or is that just what you think? And you can't say '..all the poaching..' because there is only one Gisborne player who has signed with Moama.

From Mulwala keep your eyes on Thomas Wilson, Dylan Flanagan and Jackson Cooper. For Congupna, their better players include Steele Sidebottom, Chris Dickson and Matthew Pianto. Where are you from mate? Who do you play for?

Congupna mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some thoughts on Josh Wanganeen from United !? Knew is father when he played for Millicent in the Western Border fl during the mid to late 80's.His father was a hard at it wingman onballer who had gr8 skills, is Josh the same...

Just some thoughts on Josh Wanganeen from United !? Knew is father when he played for Millicent in the Western Border fl during the mid to late 80's.His father was a hard at it wingman onballer who had gr8 skills, is Josh the same...
Word has it that Josh is playing with Rumba this year after stints at United and Moama, he is working over in Shepp now. Gilbert finished his career at Echuca United in the mid-90's at fullback. Ultra-competitive, hard as nails and a huge leap - used to take hangers over the full forward most weeks. Josh has pace and is skillful enough when he puts his mind to it, played off the half back flank most of last year. Younger brother Corey is a lot more like Gilbert.

Word has it that Josh is playing with Rumba this year after stints at United and Moama, he is working over in Shepp now. Gilbert finished his career at Echuca United in the mid-90's at fullback. Ultra-competitive, hard as nails and a huge leap - used to take hangers over the full forward most weeks. Josh has pace and is skillful enough when he puts his mind to it, played off the half back flank most of last year. Younger brother Corey is a lot more like Gilbert.
I must have my wires crossed with Josh & his father !? as the Wanganeen i knew and watched was Michael...he left the Wb area in the mid to late 80's and has been up in Echuca ever since.

I must have my wires crossed with Josh & his father !? as the Wanganeen i knew and watched was Michael...he left the Wb area in the mid to late 80's and has been up in Echuca ever since.
Mick Wanganeen is Josh's uncle. Played for Echuca South, I think, but retired before South and east merged to become Echuca United.

Dylan Flanagan is a hack! and fat also! jackson cooper is way 2 small and scared of the big hits and thomas wilson is slooooww.

Thanks for that....has Mick got any boys that play footy up there !?!?

He has one son Reece who is 16 years old, who played footy a couple of years back but doesn't play anymore.

Dylan Flanagan is a hack! and fat also! jackson cooper is way 2 small and scared of the big hits and thomas wilson is slooooww.
They obviously get more kicks than you mate, so just pipe down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back