james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Why do Fox Footy, Seven etc.. See the need to show multiple, slow motion, close up replays of horrific injuries such as leg breaks, ankle rolls, knee injuries and players landing on their heads?

This is the most uncomfortable stuff and they even play replays of it on the news, post game highlight shows and weekly recap shows.

Am I the only one who finds this really disturbing?

Why do Fox Footy, Seven etc.. See the need to show multiple, slow motion, close up replays of horrific injuries such as leg breaks, ankle rolls, knee injuries and players landing on their heads?

This is the most uncomfortable stuff and they even play replays of it on the news, post game highlight shows and weekly recap shows.

Am I the only one who finds this really disturbing?

They're often accompanied by commentators saying "I can't watch that" or "that's hard to watch" as well. Even those who are paid to call the game don't want to see it multiple times over.

Totally agree.

I recall watching Djibril Cisse (Liverpool) getting a compound fracture of the leg (i.e. bone was visible) in the EPL a few years back. I lost my lunch...

Some discretion on the part of the producer is sorely needed at those moments. We just don't need to see the full horror.

In America, they are very careful about showing more than one replay of horrific injuries.

I wish Seven and Fox Footy would learn from the American channels on how to handle injuries like that.

Totally agree.

I recall watching Djibril Cisse (Liverpool) getting a compound fracture of the leg (i.e. bone was visible) in the EPL a few years back. I lost my lunch...

Some discretion on the part of the producer is sorely needed at those moments. We just don't need to see the full horror.
Not to mention the amount of times the news played the vision of the bouncer that ultimately ended Phil Hughes life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back