Most embarassing moment in our history

Remove this Banner Ad

When is Brogan going to retire? Must be getting pretty old by now and hopefully moves onto his next career as a paper weight or a door stop.

Some people need to get a grip, 7 players out and 3 guys under injury clouds. Some of the talk on here about how we were going to smash Port was absolutely ridiculous.

We were always going to struggle tonight.

True but the same team smashed them for a qtr but on the scoreboard and then did ****ing nothing, no excuses for that.

Craigy its time to move on. You have done all you can do with this group of players. Its time to let someone else have a crack with this list.

You can't blame injuries, umpires or anythinhg else after qtr time. Port wanted the game more. Simple as that.

Actually, this game was worse than last game. Much worse.

Last time the team came out and were insipid for the entire first quarter. The reality though, is that Freo only hurt us on the scoreboard during a single 5-min period late in that quarter. From quarter time onwards the team wasn't great, but they were competitive enough to match Freo - who never again threatened to kick away from us.

This time we dominated the first quarter and 5-10 min of the second, but as soon as Port applied some pressure we folded faster than a spring loaded deck chair. Once we were down, we stayed down and Port did as they willed.

I was amazed we hadn't won by 10 goals but anyway.. lets hope the compensation pick is amazing as thats wha the coach we have seems to be after, if not then neil....... piss off you useless shit....e hole of a coach... hw did we lose this UN loseable game????

I was amazed we hadn't won by 10 goals but anyway.. lets hope the compensation pick is amazing as thats wha the coach we have seems to be after, if not then neil....... piss off you useless shit....e hole of a coach... hw did we lose this UN loseable game????
This game was never unlosable and you're kidding yourself if you think that it was.

Adelaide went into the game with one of the youngest and least experienced teams it has ever fielded. Not only that, but we were missing 7 or 8 of our best 22 players, with another 3 or 4 who were under and injury cloud and only played because of a complete lack of viable alternatives.

To be honest, I'm struggling to understand how Adelaide were even regarded as favourites. Sure, Port lost their first 3 games - but only the loss to West Coast was of any relevance. Geelong and Collingwood are going to make a mess of most teams this year, so the fact that Port lost badly to both really shouldn't come as a surprise (or a lesson) to anyone.

If we'd been at full strength, we probably would have wiped the floor with Port. Our list of OUTs has weakened us to the point where we are currently a genuine bottom-4 team.

That said, no number of injuries and/or missing players can excuse the lack of effort and will shown by the team in the second half of this game.

poking out the eye of our best and most damaging player also helped to keep us from extending the lead..... just sayin.

I've mentioned this before.. But many think the Crows actually played good football after half time in that game..

Sandi still there and the number of extra clearances etc you get would have added up to many more goals..

Some people need to get a grip, 7 players out and 3 guys under injury clouds. Some of the talk on here about how we were going to smash Port was absolutely ridiculous.

Spot on, we both posted re: this earlier today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we didn't struggle, we were up by 34pts.

and then... the magic fairy dust turned us into fairies

i dont have a problem with losing, its the manner of the loss. totally un acceptable and embarassing, port were the laughing stock of the afl. make no mistake about it, we are the laughing stock of the afl now, its only gonna get worse too.

What a surprise - our team with 8 of the 22 having less than 15 games experience was beaten...

How we were favourites was ridiculous - we rate our young talent far too highly.

Realistically - at the beginning of this year we should be aiming for a position between 8th and 6th...

We are missing 4 key players in the backline (Stevens, Doughty, Davis, Tambling) and a couple across the middle (Sloane, Mackay)... With these players out - we are a far worse side and should only expect to be competitive.

Wow, never been so ashamed to be a crows fan. FFS, 4 goals to zip first quarter and we cant put port power away... How are we going to be top 8 contenders, let alone top four. There is no way Stevens and Doughty will make this side any better. We are heading towards a 10-12th place finish at best. Look out, we might be playing Schmidt next week :eek: Average ducking crows.

Craig DOES have a hugely depleted side, minus 1200 games of experience, the guys we used to turn to in times of trouble.

I'm sorry but this is the one excuse I will refuse to tolerate as Neil has had since 2004 to prepare us for this year. Yes we are depleted, but for us to be up by 30 odd points shows that we should/could have won this game. This performance was insipid and is right up there with the most disappointing losses in the home & away season I've ever had.

I'm trying not to get carried away by tonight but the thread title sums it all up for me. I find myself for the first time, seriously questioning whether Neil Craig is the right man for the job. But I'll give it a few weeks to for more evidence to base my thoughts on.

I think the title says it all.

1)34 points up against a side who are about as hard as a scoop of melted icecream and we stop trying. 2)All the talk this week was about how we werent going to have a repeat of last week............... Well they were right, it was worse. 3)Heads HAVE to roll now and there are players who should never wear our guernsey again.

1)yes
2)yes
3)yes...but wait...we don't have enough fit players.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Port are a tough team we are not. Tough teams normally perform better in high pressure games, like showdowns and finals. Five losses in the last six showdowns is what you would expect from a team lacking toughness and a physical presence.

Craigy its time to move on. You have done all you can do with this group of players. Its time to let someone else have a crack with this list.

You can't blame injuries, umpires or anythinhg else after qtr time. Port wanted the game more. Simple as that.

What's the point of replacing him. By the sounds of it the club will replace him with someone who is pretty much a carbon copy. We need more than just a change in coach. We need a major change in the AFC hierachy, culture and direction.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Port are a tough team we are not. Tough teams normally perform better in high pressure games, like finals. Five losses in the last six showdowns is what you would expect from a team lacking toughness and a physical presence.

There are many power supporters who will disagree. It is a phenomenon that on a lot of occasions we turn to crap when we play Port. No matter our personnel or our position on the ladder. It's almost a given that regardless of how bad Port are or how well or poorly they play, we will always dish them up the opportunity to win the game.

Port are neither a good team nor a tough team. There is nothing intimidating or scary about the way they play. They are struggling in every aspect of footy on and off field, and so it appears, are we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most embarassing moment in our history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back