Most disappointing team to round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who has disappointed the most in terms of output and improvement so far this year?

Its basically half way there so enough time to form opinions. All teams will make excuses (whether injuries, form of senior players, young list etc etc) but who has not played anywhere near what you expected?

The Roos have been a combination of good early and awful since, Melb won last week but have been pathetic otherwise, Fremantle continue to underperform but promise plenty, Hawthorn have been similar to the Roos and very inconsistent, Gold Coast are in second year but seem behind GWS already, whilst Carlton have played terribly after a brilliant start.

For mine;
1. Carlton
2. Kangaroos
3. Gold Coast

Carlton havent disappointed me. There are currently playing how I said they would all pre-season. No depth, largely over-rated and were always going to struggle when the inevitable key injuries came.

Agree with Gold Coast, I honestly thought the way they set up their team when compared to GWS seemed far superior, but its not shaping up that way.

They are the number 1 for me. Melb second, thought they would of made some strides forward with their young list. Not backwards, they won 8 games last year!

1. GC
2. Melb
3. Probably North, looked so good early.

Who has disappointed the most in terms of output and improvement so far this year?

Its basically half way there so enough time to form opinions. All teams will make excuses (whether injuries, form of senior players, young list etc etc) but who has not played anywhere near what you expected?

The Roos have been a combination of good early and awful since, Melb won last week but have been pathetic otherwise, Fremantle continue to underperform but promise plenty, Hawthorn have been similar to the Roos and very inconsistent, Gold Coast are in second year but seem behind GWS already, whilst Carlton have played terribly after a brilliant start.

For mine;
1. Carlton
2. Kangaroos
3. Gold Coast

Without a doubt Hawthorn.

Premiership favourites who have wilted too often under pressure with a coach who stifles the natural flair his forwards are blessed with, using a gameplan that will not stand up in finals.

North second, Carlton a close third.

Hawks have under performed, agree.

But they are in 6th and have only played one team outside the top 10. They were awful against Syd and Rich but as a member Im happy with where they are at.

Disappointing? Yes. The worst of the lot, without a doubt? No way.

Pretty hard to go past Carlton, also agree with GC, thought that they would've at least won a game or 2 by now but are really haven't improved. Never really rated North but they should be doing better with their draw. Also disappointed that we aren't doing a travelling a bit better, have a few issues in the middle.

But they are in 6th and have only played one team outside the top 10. They were awful against Syd and Rich but as a member Im happy with where they are at.

Hawthorn have disappointed many, but yeah I agree they aren't worse of the lot (IMO).

I think the media "pumped" them up a bit more than a lot of their supporters would have agreed with at start of season, which makes it seem worse than it is.

1. North Melbourne - I was so excited seeing them finally beat Geelong in round 3. I thought we were certainties to make the finals
Now after 10 rounds and some dismal perforamances ever since, i feel we would need a miracle to make the top 8 now.
2. Gold Coast - The Suns play some exciting footy, the games against Essendon and Freo were great and i was barracking for them. They still can't run out games though and have no wins after 10 rounds.
3. Melbourne - I actually didn't expect them to be so bad this year, i thought they would finish around 9th-12th.

Hawthorn have disappointed many, but yeah I agree they aren't worse of the lot (IMO).

I think the media "pumped" them up a bit more than a lot of their supporters would have agreed with at start of season, which makes it seem worse than it is.
well said !

The worst simply because Clarkson is making the same mistakes year in year out.

I would say us, but I'm going to reserve my judgement once we get back some of our top players after the bye, missing a whole lot of top end talent. I would say the Kangaroos, who after dispatching of Geelong proved so much, and now I getting beaten by Buddy alone, and with no real huge injury concerns look almost shot to pieces.

Carlton, who promised so much early on also seem to fall away very quickly, and of course the basket case of Melbourne, and I may say (to some heat) Geelong, never good to see the premier team struggle at time. Love watching them at full flight but seem to have lost a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have been the most disappointing club along with the Dees
Start of the year i had North in the 8 but crap losses to teams like WB and Port have put them almost beyond finals now.

Oh, without a doubt. They should have 11 wins by now, and probably should have secured the flag.

Shouldn't Buddy kick 13 every week? ;)

I'm surprised Carlton are getting "off the hook".

In the media Judd claimed the injury list was mostly out of the clubs "top 13". That was very untrue - they have a few big names out sure (Murphy, Carazzo, Waite..) but many on that list are average to poor AFL players.

Oh, without a doubt. They should have 11 wins by now, and probably should have secured the flag.

Disregard old Pav, he's just honing his trolling skills.

He's going to need them to be sharp for when he inevitably nominates deledio in any upcoming 'Most disappointing player thus far' thread.

#1 Melbourne. Been building for a long time now. Have gone backwards. Should be in the 9th-12th range. Bottom 4 is likely.

#2 Fremantle. I expected them to improve dramatically this year. Doesn't look like the team is suited to Ross Lyons gamestyle.

#3 North Melbourne. They've gone backwards.

Awww, don't be sad, Gordo. You'll always have your odd Hawthorn obsession to keep you warm at night...

And you'll have the tinfoil to keep the ears warm.

The man/it asked a question, I gave an opinion, if you could drink cement you'd need a weekly prescription.

^ proof that gordon is an auto-bot hawthorn troll

No, it's because he's so desperate to have someone agree with him, he'll do it himself if he has to.

Hawks are the worst, says Bengraham
I agree, says Bengraham
I guess it's unanimous then, say Bengraham

And you'll have the tinfoil to keep the ears warm.

The man/it asked a question, I have an opinion, if you could drink cement you'd need a weekly prescription.

I'm a man, not "it" last time I checked :thumbsu:

Best to keep the personal stuff out of it guys/gals. I have nominated my own team as they have hugely disappointed me (rightly or wrongly), perfect time to put "cards on the table" for same or other supporters.

No, it's because he's so desperate to have someone agree with him, he'll do it himself if he has to.

Hawks are the worst, says Bengraham
I agree, says Bengraham
I guess it's unanimous then, say Bengraham

Lol, I really don't understand why your so precious about being nominated.

It's a credible nomination given the poor performances you've put in as premiership favourites and it's almost sad to see Clarkson repeat the same mistakes and wonder why his gameplan does not stand up to sides willing to apply pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most disappointing team to round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back