Mod. Notice Mod Announcements - Please read latest posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brisbane Lions Board - Posting Guidelines

get rid of the spelling,grammer and new thread nazi's surely you have better things to do than worry about spelling and grammer after all this is a football forum not an english forum

im not saying thats its ok to tlk lke dis

all im saying dont whinge and moan about it and talk about football like your supposed to
This forum is a community; it has a culture and style that has developed over a long period of time. I think the guidelines try to reflect the vibe that is already here.

Making an attempt at correct spelling and grammar can be seen as a respect thing, an effort to make your posts easier for other people to read.

You are free to do what ever you want...and people here are free to get a bit peeved with you if you deliberately go against the established conventions of the forum.

Some may also be a bit peeved if you write them off as “nazi's” simply because they have a different view of the issue than you.

Some may also be a bit peeved if you write them off as “nazi's” simply because they have a different view of the issue than you.

The apostrophe in nazis doesn't belong.

Just a heads up for those of you who are new around here to read the forum rules and guidlines - yep, some are rules and some are guidelines. Try to guess which. It's fun!

Also a reminder for all - mind your manners. There's been an increase of late of narky and overly sarcastic comments and even abuse. That ends now.

Swear filter evasion is another thing that's creeping in a bit too, so if you pissed off then type the word - if it's bad it'll be bleeped out, if not it's all good..

Our tolerance level is a little on the skinny side, so watch what you say or we'll be bringing out the big stick. To strike fear into your hearts, here's weevil weilding the big stick:

IMG_0263.JPG

So there it is.

Cheers,

Belgian.

i wonder whats with all the collingwood people posting on here all of a sudden???

Itchin’ to use my stick on ‘em if they are not careful... :)

Hey, I've been impressed with their quality. We seem to be only attracting the literate ones. ;)

Comb Over....check
Thick square brown glasses......check
Dodgy mo......check

Yes I do believe you are qualified to wield that stick.

ATTENTION PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST ON THIS BOARD - Brisbane Lions Board - Posting Guidelines

A day later and I'm still seeing similar stuff. Let me spell this out so there's no grey areas.

1. Respect other's opinions. Don't get riled up because someone's opinion doesn't match yours. Counter their points in a calm fashion.
2. Don't try to avoid the swear filter. Type the word, not F***, F*ck or F**k or variants thereof.

It's all been a bit emotional on here this week, but there should be no excuse now.

That is all.

Belgian.

Re: ATTENTION PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST ON THIS BOARD - Brisbane Lions Board - Posting Guidelines

people are still going to know what word it is so why does it matter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: ATTENTION PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST ON THIS BOARD - Brisbane Lions Board - Posting Guidelines

people are still going to know what word it is so why does it matter?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_forum_rules

2. Keep it clean. Lots of people, from kids to adults, use this site. Don't post racist, vulgar or adult-oriented material. We also filter out swear words so don't try to evade the swear filter. If you would not be comfortable saying it to your boss or your family, don't post it.
Fracs: Racist: Serious
Adult/pr0n: Instant 30 day ban
Swear Filter: Minor to Mid

That's why. We don't make the rules. We enforce them. Contrary to popular belief, the rules aren't made up to annoy certain posters. Each one has a good reason to exist. Don't like 'em? Make your own site, with your own rules.

fair enough but still people will know which word is being used

fair enough but still people will know which word is being used

I'd suspect it's more about children using the site who may not know what **** represents, but would have a better chance of finding out what it could be with the first and last letter. That's why those rules tend to be enforced, not for "adults" like you and I. ;)

Take it up with BigFooty Management if you've really got a problem with it.

While I don't have a problem with swearing per se, I feel neither clever nor proud of myself when I do swear. It's more a product of environment - working in service stations and mechanical workshops means it's second nature sometimes.

The problem I have with them is they're for the most part aggressive words and aggression is something we're not overly keen on here. It's a lot more confronting to see the actual words rather than ****, even if you know the intent or the word being used.

Anyway, end of discussion. Them's the rules. You'll just have to cope. People already have since this reminder been infracted (unfortunately) for it and will continue to do so.

May I suggest a new guideline being added?

"Before starting a new thread on a particular topic, please use the search function to see if there is already a discussion on that topic underway. Also be aware of 'sticky' threads."

May I suggest a new guideline being added?

"Before starting a new thread on a particular topic, please use the search function to see if there is already a discussion on that topic underway. Also be aware of 'sticky' threads."

it's in the site wide forum rules about searching before creating a thread

its great supporting a club that rarely if ever gets trolled isnt it :D

Hey, I've been impressed with their quality. We seem to be only attracting the literate ones. ;)

I suspect they could be spies (Don't worry, they're easily fooled), but fortunately I think most of the typical ones are still trying to defend Eddie's feats on the Australian Football League Board, with very little success I might add... just like their team ;)

[COLOR=black said:
Please try and use correct spelling and punctuation – it makes it so much easier for people to respond to you. This ain’t SMS. Use abbreviations sparingly if possible.[/COLOR]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

nice work

I don't know if this is the right place to say this but hopefully the Mods won't mind.

I often come onto The Brisbane board (hope know one minds) and I'de just like to say how much I enjoy it and the quality of it's posters (major ass kiss but it's true). There are always a bunch of creative enjoyable threads that are usually an entertaining read. I don't have a problem with any Brisbane posters (unlike Hawthorn and Carton) and you never see any trolling on Bay 13 or coming into opposition boards and making useless threads just to piss off that team. It is a credit to the Mods and posters how the board is run and the content posted.
I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Lions (very happy to see them win 3 flags) and I hope what I've written isn't a total suck up