Roast Missing finals after a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm staggered it still only has 3 likes
Make that 4.
It’s not all doom and gloom.
We beat Melbourne and Carlton twice (extended our lead) Essendon still can’t win on Anzac Day.
Essendon missed the finals.
Pert has been found out again.
Carlton got their hopes up again and failed - again, (3 years in a row now).
We’re still the reigning Premiers, (watch this space).
And we’re still ahead of Carlton and Essendon when you net out Flags minus spoons.

I actually think what makes it worse is that we could have just as easily been Top 4/Top 2 combined with the fact that this was the year to go back to back without any genuinely strong team in it

Had we just been so terrible that we finished like 13th or something like Geelong last year you could probably accept it a little better

Even with all our injuries, we still should have won at least 5 more games than we did.

Off field drama did not help:

Always knew Kelly was the reason we lost Wright

God that's infuriating

Last edited:
I actually think what makes it worse is that we could have just as easily been Top 4/Top 2 combined with the fact that this was the year to go back to back without any genuinely strong team in it

Had we just been so terrible that we finished like 13th or something like Geelong last year you could probably accept it a little better

Even with all our injuries, we still should have won at least 5 more games than we did.

God that's infuriating
Yep, it is the wasted opportunity in an obviously open year that rankles me most.

If we hadn't of won last year and still had the hunger, I have no doubt we would have been top 2 and in a prelim now.

Young players didn't step up, old players got older.

Other teams have much better youth that us, we will continue to slide in 2025 without a big offseason
Agree. We don't have the picks and the trades have not paid us dividends and the forced trades from the buckley era did not help.

Agree. We don't have the picks and the trades have not paid us dividends and the forced trades from the buckley era did not help.
The Buckley era trades set up us for a flag by allowing us to add Bobby, Lippa, Frampton, McStay, Mitchell etc.

It is a fallacy that they were detrimental to the football program

Last edited:
I’m generally a pretty optimistic supporter. But this year really was a shit sandwich. Sure, we had injuries, but almost every player on the list either didn’t improve, or went backwards.

On the eve of finals, the disappointment of a wasted year is profound. What a boring September ahead!

I really hope this burns for the players and decision makers of our club.

Not good enough.

Strange that you have posted a negative thread when you're so against anything negative posted.

I found the loophole.

It's a real missed opportunity with what's left this year in the finals.

Injuries and the longer season, earlier start killed us, another brilliant idea from the AFL.

Strange that you have posted a negative thread when you're so against anything negative posted.

I found the loophole.

It's a real missed opportunity with what's left this year in the finals.

Injuries and the longer season, earlier start killed us, another brilliant idea from the AFL.
Certainly a frustrated thread post on my behalf. It’s hard to believe we are watching on whilst teams like Port are playing.

I’m sure I’ll be back to my positive best by 2025!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly a frustrated thread post on my behalf. It’s hard to believe we are watching on whilst teams like Port are playing.

I’m sure I’ll be back to my positive best by 2025!

It's a real missed opportunity that's for sure.

Just re-watching Take the Steps; reliving the ultimate high of last year. Reminiscing about all they achieved after being down in the doldrums just a couple of years prior. This year by comparison was a year of couldabeens. So near and yet so far. We know what we have to do to ascend to the pinnacle again. I still have faith that the club has the knowledge and ability to get it done in the not too distant future.

I really still f**king hate that we're not there this year

September 2023 was such an incredible month for me IRL and that memory is still pretty fresh in my mind and will stay with me forever and it just makes Sep 2024 feel that much shitter because we're not there

God that's infuriating
To be fair Kelly and Wright are why we lost Wright.
They don't get on then they don't get on.

Wright was always going this coming year or next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Missing finals after a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back