Membership packs..... Where are they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, the supporter base counts for **** all, the views of the members are paramount.

Secondly, how do you know the majority have embraced it? Surely you aren't going on what a few dozen BF posters have to say.

Finally, if it isn't going to change anything, then why do you care?
Reg I care because I feel your pain, the world is changing and your being left behind
But have know fear because the sacred cup will be lifted in the colours you so despise and you will look upon the cup and then upon the colours and tears of joy will fill your eyes and you will know that the two Steves have done a good thing and you will forgive, you will embrace the new colours and they will become unto you as were the colours of old.

Reg I care because I feel your pain, the world is changing and your being left behind
But have know fear because the sacred cup will be lifted in the colours you so despise and you will look upon the cup and then upon the colours and tears of joy will fill your eyes and you will know that the two Steves have done a good thing and you will forgive, you will embrace the new colours and they will become unto you as were the colours of old.

Nice try, but no. You honestly don't believe that a change in playing strip will lift the club's fortunes do you? Any success coming Freo's way will be earned by the players and have bugger all to do with the Steves or the jumpers the team has on. In 2011 they can't even say they're playing for the jumper because it has no past significance whatsoever.

I did like your wordsmithing though. :thumbsu:

Turn it up Reg, that was the most Godawful concoction ever created.

And if i see you giving the Steve's any grief,

I will Bash you without a second thought !!

Yes Mrs Steve.

I doubt you'd be capable of a second thought anyway.

Over-reaction much?

Mine came today too. No hat or scarf. The new logo is all over everything. The badge looks good. The card is meh. But now instead of a "Member Number", I now have an "Account ID". :thumbsdown: Seriously, can't they at least pretend that they care about us members?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I love my new cap. I'm not fashion conscious but I am conscious of wearing too many colours or the wrong colours and even though I wore my old cap I never really liked it or the way it made me look. I totally dig putting the new one on. It looks and feels cool to wear.
Plus the first time I wore it to the beach the boys were having a run and swim down there and Ibbo and Nick Suban said gidday to me as I walked past wearing it so it is therefore awesome.

My boy got his junior pack yesterday. Well, we got an envelope with some stuff in, membership card, keyring, pencil case.... and a voucher to go in and pick up the junior pack so my wife went and got it.

A cool bag, some plastic cups, a growth chart with the players heights marked at the appropriate spots.

Happy with that. We have not got our packs yet. I did not order the caps or scarves as we have so many over the years but now I wish I did. I might see what I can do.

That's what the ochre loving sycophants at west coast initially said.

Yeah...na - I don't see ochre, or ever have seen ochre in west coast's badge/emblem. Theres a reason no one liked it - it didnt represent the club or its colours. It's not like freo have just grabbed two completely different colours from somewhere and whacked them on a jumper - purple is what the club stands for.

You sound like a little kid whinging - i will guarantee you that you will be in the minority as well. I hope you exercise your democratic rights at home games, because you will be left red faced when all the other membes start telling you to shut up and sit down.

The new gear looks fantastic, you should embrace the club and stop pretending that you are fighting a cause that is in everyones interest. Stop dreaming

Mine came today too. No hat or scarf. The new logo is all over everything. The badge looks good. The card is meh. But now instead of a "Member Number", I now have an "Account ID". :thumbsdown: Seriously, can't they at least pretend that they care about us members?

Still havnt rec'd my pack yet although the kidz ones came last week ???
dont really think its a big issue re member# replaced by account id as it has 2011 member clearly written on the front of membership card and the neck thingy

saw someone wearing the new cap on the weekend and although at first I was a bit undecided on the new logo.....Im liking it more and more.......I must get one

Yeah...na - I don't see ochre, or ever have seen ochre in west coast's badge/emblem. Theres a reason no one liked it - it didnt represent the club or its colours. It's not like freo have just grabbed two completely different colours from somewhere and whacked them on a jumper - purple is what the club stands for.

Not the colours, no. But they did just pluck some sergeant stripey things out of their arse and bung them on there instead of the anchor. The heritage connection to original jumpers is very loose.

You sound like a little kid whinging - i will guarantee you that you will be in the minority as well. I hope you exercise your democratic rights at home games, because you will be left red faced when all the other membes start telling you to shut up and sit down.

I already said I would do this at home games. How can you respond to my posts and yet not comprehend them? Whether I'm in the minority is neither here nor there to me. From what I've heard so far the club could change its colours to pink and beige polkadots and half the sheep would roll over and tell everybody to accept it and move on.

Besides, I'm not the one whinging. I made a point and the bleating hasn't yet stopped. How about you guys try just giving up and let me hold my own personal views.

The new gear looks fantastic, you should embrace the club and stop pretending that you are fighting a cause that is in everyones interest. Stop dreaming

Since when have I done that? I'm not trying to encourage people to adopt my point of view, I'm just expressing it. This is after all the point of having public forums.

Back on topic, my son's pack turned up yesterday. The value of the packs is clearly in inverse proportion to the number of members at the club.

Got my cap and scarf. The scarf is great, much better than last years. I will have to fight with the missus as to who gets to wear it:D

My boy got his junior pack yesterday. Well, we got an envelope with some stuff in, membership card, keyring, pencil case.... and a voucher to go in and pick up the junior pack so my wife went and got it.

A cool bag, some plastic cups, a growth chart with the players heights marked at the appropriate spots.

Happy with that. We have not got our packs yet. I did not order the caps or scarves as we have so many over the years but now I wish I did. I might see what I can do.

You'll need it to keep the sun off that dome...

How did you get to be a mod with your nasty attitude?

I got mine today.:)
Now just waiting on our first junior one for my 4 year old daughter. She's been an HMAS Recruit since she was born, but now moves up to junior level.
We're both looking forward to seeing what's in the new junior pack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership packs..... Where are they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back