Membership packs..... Where are they?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll guess they are waiting on the new merch to put in the packs. There seemed to be an extraordinary long time after they announced the brand change to getting stock of things with the new logo. Perhaps there is a problem getting the stuff from which ever exploited 3'rd world country is manufacturing it for the afl.

Yep I was told "end of Dec" on the cap / scarf deal, "probably first week of Jan though". I'm with prattsta - as long as it arrives not too concerned - but don't like being told one thing and it not happening :confused:

On the 'dise. Anyone frequented a Freo store recently to see if any of the new gear is in? (beyond the initial offerings)

I'll guess they are waiting on the new merch to put in the packs. There seemed to be an extraordinary long time after they announced the brand change to getting stock of things with the new logo. Perhaps there is a problem getting the stuff from which ever exploited 3'rd world country is manufacturing it for the afl.

Just spoke with the lady at membership services and the new hats and scarves arrived this week and are being sent out with the first orders getting first delivery basis. I was told that sometime next week.

Fingers crossed!

Actually got my cap (with new logo:thumbsu:) a while ago - must be preferential treatment for distant members! Made in China E Shed, definitely doesn't count as Third World anymore.

Perhaps there is a problem getting the stuff from which ever exploited 3'rd world country is manufacturing it for the afl.

LOL.

With most of the Victorian teams membership packs you get all sorts of goodies like scarves, hats etc. Anyway, a friend of mine who is inundated with heaps of crap in his and his families membership packs each year rang the club to ask if he could opt out of a lot of the freebies. He was told it would be more expensive for the club to offer members the choice than it would be to include it all for everyone.

Yep, removing scarves which retail at over $20 and hats which retail at over $30 from the membership packs would actually be more expensive to the club.

As I have previously stated, the whole re-branding marketing has been a debacle from start to finish.

Yep I was told "end of Dec" on the cap / scarf deal, "probably first week of Jan though". I'm with prattsta - as long as it arrives not too concerned - but don't like being told one thing and it not happening :confused:

On the 'dise. Anyone frequented a Freo store recently to see if any of the new gear is in? (beyond the initial offerings)

Not the Freo store, but I have visited the AFL store in Carousel a few times recently and they don't seem to have anything other than the new jumper and training tops. They're not walking out the door either at $110. You can get them on eBay with a starting bid of $70 or buy it now for $90. None of these appear to be moving either.

Could the new marketing exercise be in some early trouble? It might explain why I'm hearing that some members are receiving the scarf/cap in their packages even though they haven't ordered them. If they send me one I'll be throwing it back to the Steve's when they walk past at the first home game.

And yes, I know, build a bridge etc, etc. Don't hold your breath.

As I have previously stated, the whole re-branding marketing has been a debacle from start to finish.

Not the Freo store, but I have visited the AFL store in Carousel a few times recently and they don't seem to have anything other than the new jumper and training tops. They're not walking out the door either at $110. You can get them on eBay with a starting bid of $70 or buy it now for $90. None of these appear to be moving either.

Could the new marketing exercise be in some early trouble? It might explain why I'm hearing that some members are receiving the scarf/cap in their packages even though they haven't ordered them. If they send me one I'll be throwing it back to the Steve's when they walk past at the first home game.

And yes, I know, build a bridge etc, etc. Don't hold your breath.

Figured was only a matter of time comments like yours would surface. Lead the rebellion. :confused:

Don't know how you equate lack of merchandise to lack of sales, but in my books if you haven't got it you cant flog it.

AFL store and Rebel always have castoffs and limited selection. Freo store (freo or Subi) only good option.

Serious question, Is it too late to renew my membership for this year (will get around to it) or is it too late to recieve the pack?

January would always be sluggish though. Will be interesting in round 2 to see how many people have purchased new gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received my membership pack today . No member rewards included, only a membership sticker, lanyard and pin in a clear plastic holder (rather cheap!)

Last year I got mine about a week or 2 before the season started by memory but yeah, I wasn't really fussed. If it hadn't turned up on the Thursday or Friday I'd be worried but it all turned out well. I got the hat and scarf last week, impressed! The colours are a lot bolder and the logo stands out really well. Good purchase I say!

Got my new members cap and scarf in the mail last week, and after ringing the club found out that all the membership packs would be sent out by early Feb.

The goodies in the pack sound rather disappointing. Never once have I used the lanyard and plastic case....I don't know why they bother.

hey fellas just a question,

me and a friend applied for a new membership and yesterday the money came out so im getting excited. the only thing is im not sure when we find out about seating. we actually asked for particular seats we applying so im not sure if we got them or not. do you get an email or phonecall?

any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers

me and a friend applied for a new membership and yesterday the money came out so im getting excited. the only thing is im not sure when we find out about seating. we actually asked for particular seats we applying so im not sure if we got them or not. do you get an email or phonecall?

cheers

I'm only guessing GIL, but I'd say you won't get a choice where you sit and will only find out where you've been allocated when your membership cards arrive in the mail.

If you're not happy with the seats you should be able to contact the club and move, I think they give you a little sticker to apply to the back of your card with the new seat number. Remember though that around 85% of the seats in the stadium are already allocated so options are limited. I'll be surprised if you end up near an aisle.

Do you prefer one wing to the other? I like the shaded northern side where as some people prefer to sit in the sun on the southern wing so if you get allocated seats on one wing and prefer the other you should be able to switch sides.

We've had people trying for our section for years but the faces have been pretty much the same for about 10 years ( I know even the bad years!) this is a good thing as they are all great people. This year as coincidence would have it 2 couples in our row are leaving. One has moved to Paris and the others extended travel. So I'm excited to see who they put there. I hope they are as passionate as our lot and no baggers, we have one serious offender and she pushes us to the limit. No doubt a freagle. Hope you end up with us, it aint cheap but it's the best.

cheers

Best to go through Member Service phone. If you've been issued a membership - they'll have your seat number. From there you find out where it is and whether it's together (assuming applied together and requested etc).

As mostly only single seats available in some areas, I remember reading somewhere seats were at club discretion to move if meant could accomodate new members. ie/ if there is one seat avail on either side of a pair of members - they move one person over so two new members who want to site together - can.

Good Luck - and WELCOME.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership packs..... Where are they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back