Membership issues -Already !

Remove this Banner Ad

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well just like I expected -taking our membership management back in house after it used to be run by the AFL has already had its dramas.
I figured this would happen when the move was made.

I moved out of house 15 years ago.... for the next 5 or so years I battled with the bulldogs membership department who first sent everything to my parents place, then sent two seperate memberships one to my new one to my old place, then when I cancelled the original (as I didnt need two memberships) they kept ringing me and recording me as one of the Lost bulldogs. **Hence why I always had doubts on the numbers of lost bulldogs the club always used to report given their record keeping is terrible.

Around the time the services were outsourced I bought a family membership as I now had a wife and wanted the kids packs for other family members. Things have been going great for the last 5 years - payments fine as we are all doggie for life members. This year I understand the handling of memberships have gone back inhouse - and guess what.... I had a membership of my name shipped to my parents address again and nothing sent out for the family membership.

OH its going to be a long few years getting this right as they failed at it al those years ago !!

Anyone else had problems so far ?

Credit where it is due I just got off the phone with a lovely young lady who helped me out and has updated my and the family details.

Apparently family memberships were split to individuals in the instance that the kids date of births were not known. This is apparently what has happened so advise anyone else with a family membership may be best to ring and confirm that the club knows the kids dob or you may have issues as well.

New cards will be in the mail to me and the family.... Go Dogs 2012 !

If you are having any specific difficulties with memberships, feel free to send us a Private Message with your name, query and a contact number and we'll get one of our membership team to get in touch to help sort things out.

It's great to finally see a club presence on here and a proactivity in resolving member issues.

A lot of positive goodwill coming from the club at the moment with this and also having listened/changed the jumper design.

Perhaps Garlick's influence is already paying dividends.

Thats the way things should get done by listening to the people. The Jumper design change is a great example of that.

It's great to finally see a club presence on here and a proactivity in resolving member issues.

A lot of positive goodwill coming from the club at the moment with this and also having listened/changed the jumper design.

Bloody oath. I think the clubs are naive if they don't think that BF has a massive presence in supporter land. Good onya Doggies for getting on board BF. You want to know what your members are thinking then this is the forum to listen and it costs nothing.

Bloody oath. I think the clubs are naive if they don't think that BF has a massive presence in supporter land. Good onya Doggies for getting on board BF. You want to know what your members are thinking then this is the forum to listen and it costs nothing.

BigFooty is one of the bigger forums so its good to see that they now can interact with the supporters.

I would say it is Nick Truelson (CCO) influence. Puts major emphasis on fan engagement. Part of the reason there was a vote for the jumper. Part for the reason we now have a digi-dog and much more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership issues -Already !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back