May - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

I have made it the Punt Comp venue anyway - now just have to death ride your certs :D

No certs with me....ever. Only confidence levels. Really like a couple at Doomben this week so happy you chose that venue.

Missed this over the weekend but one-time Melbourne Cup spruik horse GATEWOOD won a Listed race quite nicely at Ascot on Saturday over 2400m. Ex-Waller import KELLINI was well held in the same race.

Who trains Gatewood now?

Masthead @ $7.50 Ladbrokes/Betstar is stupid odds this weekend at Scone (R3), likewise the $7 on offer for Tikitour at Caulfield (R7) with the same firms.

Really like Exodus in Adelaide (R3) but with only the one bookie with the prices up on that race that im with (sportsbet) and blowing (3.2 to 3.5), ill wait and see what price i get from the others. Goodfun Girl the only possible danger for me, may even look at what odds i get for these two on a fixed price quinella (not usually very profitable) with Sportingbet when they put the markets up.

Last edited:
Next race at Ipswich has Henny Boy who was very, very impressive at Toowoomba over 1620 last start. Won by over 4 1/2 lengths and fancy him to go back to back. Drawn in barrier 5, I can see him settling midfield before overpowering the others.

TAC DE BOISTRON is back in action tonight in the Yorkshire Cup - although faces much better ground than he did in his Ascot romp. He also faces stiffer competition here with the likes of AHZEEMAH (placed behind VDC in the Irish St Leger) opposing.

TAC DE BOISTRON is back in action tonight in the Yorkshire Cup - although faces much better ground than he did in his Ascot romp. He also faces stiffer competition here with the likes of AHZEEMAH (placed behind VDC in the Irish St Leger) opposing.

Roll the last clean up on TDB into tonights race, paris?

For those that have either 365 or Betfair accounts - tonight's Scoop 6 in the UK has a 5 million GBP jackpot after rolling over since Feb. It's like a cross meeting Big 6 BUT you have to pay $2 per combination - so none of this taking heaps of runners in a flexi B/S you get in oz.

There's a consolation dividend if you can get a horse placed in each race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caulfield

R4 - Vain Queen
R5 - Lucky Symbol
R7 - Lady Tatia

Morphettville

R7 - Lampedusa

Doomben

R5 - Hucklebuck
R6 - Arabian Gold
R7 - Streama
R8 - Fire Up Fifi

Scone

R6 - Lilliburlero

What was Ahzeemah's run like?

6th beaten 4 lengths - was ok for a first up run - need to see if he comes on from it. There were plenty with winning chances in the last 400m.

I think given the ground and the distance, TDB's was the most impressive run in the race (prefers it softer and longer). If it's wet on Ascot Gold Cup Day he will be very hard to beat.

Three bets today

Leebaz
Elite Elle
Aerobatics

Table_Flip.jpg

MOUNT ATHOS just won a listed race at Newbury having been scratched from Chester last week.

Liked Spencer's comment after the race - 'this bloke has got me sacked 4 times I think'.

FORGOTTEN VOICE ran second - strong form liens coming out of the Melbourne Spring.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

May - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back