Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
u guys redy for phoenix fm b/casting on 895 call sign 4 two weeks in janury
jeff morris will hed up 2 sports satrday shows in that period
i wood suggest fair bit of footy goss will go down on those shows
:confused:wots the betting mcfl footy hub decision will get a mention :eek:

WiLL be interesting all right, Zakling.
Morris and his team have already got a Midnight to Dawn segment all pencilled in, hosted from the Bendigo studio at 150 Strickland, East Bendigo.
How long since we have had a hosted, live graveyard shift on 89.5 FM ?
Going to get one next month, judging on Friday's full page article in the features sect6ion of the Bendigo weekly giveaway.

I can’t imagine Avoca supporters being too happy with the news that local boy Nick Coghlan recently attended the Natte meet the coach day.

Sacrilege!:eek:

I can’t imagine Avoca supporters being too happy with the news that local boy Nick Coghlan recently attended the Natte meet the coach day.

heard that might have been in the pipelines a few weeks back snippers. would be a rather big loss for avoca, and to natte would just be a kick in the guts really.he'd be havin a bit of coin thrown his way?

Natte has thrown $200 his way to try to cover their loss of firepower. I have would be surprised if he went but then again, that sort of money would seem a lot to a kid that young. Avoca can't complain seeing they took Pig Ross last season and Clint has signed for 2008.

I don't think Coghlan will like the attention he would get against the more physical sides in that league though.

Trentham seniors have recruited a former calder cannon player who missed out on the draft through injury. his name cannot be named at this stage because deals have not been finalised but can anyone tell me if they have any other big recruits or not.

Natte has thrown $200 his way to try to cover their loss of firepower. I have would be surprised if he went but then again, that sort of money would seem a lot to a kid that young. Avoca can't complain seeing they took Pig Ross last season and Clint has signed for 2008.

I don't think Coghlan will like the attention he would get against the more physical sides in that league though.

$200 a game to a 17 year old kid! Natte should be ashamed of themselves!

This is how footballing mercenaries are created.

By offering $200 a game, the kid will set this as a benchmark. He will most likely now go back to Avoca and ask the equivalent or more.

Having said that! It would be very surprising if he is not playing with the rebels anyway.

Regarding Pig and Clint, They both live in Avoca, so IMO fair enough for them to play at Avoca. And both are at the end of their footballing days.
Young Cog is just at the beginning of his.

Avoca has brought this kid up through the junior ranks and if he was to go out to Natte now, IMO it would be an insult to the club that has helped to develop his skills and nurtured him through his junior days.

By offering $200 a game, the kid will set this as a benchmark. He will most likely now go back to Avoca and ask the equivalent or more.

Having said that! It would be very surprising if he is not playing with the rebels anyway.

Regarding Pig and Clint, They both live in Avoca, so IMO fair enough for them to play at Avoca. And both are at the end of their footballing days.

Avoca has brought this kid up through the junior ranks and if he was to go out to Natte now, IMO it would be an insult to the club that has helped to develop his skills and nurtured him through his junior days.

I have heard that price to be correct from a very reliable source at Avoca. He also said an MCDFL club offered him a similar ammount. Can't remember who that was though.

cogho lookd pretty good in the mcfl granny just 3 and a bit short mnths ago
was the only forwrd avoca had
the others including a big skinny blond bloke kicked the mitey tally of one goal each
except for the chf who did take a nice mark and posted a snag roll from a fair way out erly on and had a bit of a dip

There is no doubt the kid can play and would be a valuable contributor at any club. I'm a big fan of this kid and think he could be anything at this stage of his career. Personally i would like to see the kid have a crack at a higher level with the rebels being his first priority, a move which im sure avoca would fully support opposed to natte. If the rumours are true then i would be very surprised too see him go....yes the money is flattering for the kid and a useful bargaining tool, but i would expect coggy to play for less than that at his home club as he seems like a loyal servent to the club who would not attempt to run them dry...stranger things have happened though....what do u think wonker /shamui

I agree it isn't right Bucko but bit harsh to label Natte a disgrace for doing it. It's not something the Talbot footy club would do but plenty of other clubs around are doing it in this area. The two Bond boys from Talbot are recieving similar offers.

I agree it isn't right Bucko but bit harsh to label Natte a disgrace for doing it. It's not something the Talbot footy club would do but plenty of other clubs around are doing it in this area. The two Bond boys from Talbot are recieving similar offers.

I don’t believe I labelled Natte a disgrace for doing it King??

If you re-read my post, I said they should be ashamed of themselves.
Perhaps I should have said, they should be embarrassed by their actions for offering a 17 year old “school kid” money to play.

And that goes for any other clubs in the area that you say are doing the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cogho lookd pretty good in the mcfl granny just 3 and a bit short mnths ago
was the only forwrd avoca had
the others including a big skinny blond bloke kicked the mitey tally of one goal each
except for the chf who did take a nice mark and posted a snag roll from a fair way out erly on and had a bit of a dip

Yes, Cog did play well in the granny, 5th quarter.
If the CHF you refer to is the bald bloke, don’t necessarily agree with your assessment of him having a dip. Looked to me to be plodding along like an old draught horse stuck in some mud.

Perhaps I should have said, they should be embarrassed by their actions for offering a 17 year old “school kid” money to play.

And that goes for any other clubs in the area that you say are doing the same thing.

You are spot on bucko, they should be ashamed and they are stuffing it up for everyone. What ever happened to good old loyalty?.

You are spot on bucko, they should be ashamed and they are stuffing it up for everyone. What ever happened to good old loyalty?.

Funny that $200 bucks seems to have jumped in somewhere,someone should ask the kid how much he was offered?I went one better and asked a board member-and because i would get my arse kicked for saying too much by him,and because he laughed out loud when i said $200,i am pretty confident,make it very confident that the figure was no where near this.Maybe some on this thread should do some better research and ask people in the know before they talk tripe.

At the end of the day if Avoca are a good club and are looking after their members, particularly their kids, then he will stay. All clubs have the same problems and the ones with good culture keep the majority of their locals.

Funny that $200 bucks seems to have jumped in somewhere,someone should ask the kid how much he was offered?I went one better and asked a board member-and because i would get my arse kicked for saying too much by him,and because he laughed out loud when i said $200,i am pretty confident,make it very confident that the figure was no where near this.Maybe some on this thread should do some better research and ask people in the know before they talk tripe.

$200 jumped in from a very good source at the Avoca Football Club and general talk from Cog's peers. My source was good but from Avoca so we differ there. He told me that 2 teams had offered him $200 and Natte was one of them. Cog may well be trying to get his value up but that is what I heard. I don't have the local contacts you obviously do Glacier so I'm just saying what I heard to be correct.

I would expect Natte to refute that figure. You pay the money for what you need and Natte need goal kickers so making a play on Coghlan is a good move.

At the end of the day if Avoca are a good club and are looking after their members, particularly their kids, then he will stay. All clubs have the same problems and the ones with good culture keep the majority of their locals.

Was talking to cog earlier this week, he seems very amused at all the attention he is receiving,infact i would say he is enjoying it! In his own words "its all a lot of crap i'm not going to natte" If you can believe the kid. I think theres your answer. And the amount seems pretty close to what has been mentioned, again if you believe the kid, and i do. I hope cog plays at Avoca again this year if the rebels don't work out,he is only going to be bigger and stronger. The kids a great footballer (imo) with a better year to come this year.

At the end of the day if Avoca are a good club and are looking after their members, particularly their kids, then he will stay. All clubs have the same problems and the ones with good culture keep the majority of their locals.[/quote]

Does that mean that the Bond boys will be staying at Talbot then Rich?

Was talking to cog earlier this week, he seems very amused at all the attention he is receiving,infact i would say he is enjoying it! In his own words "its all a lot of crap i'm not going to natte" If you can believe the kid. I think theres your answer. And the amount seems pretty close to what has been mentioned, again if you believe the kid, and i do. I hope cog plays at Avoca again this year if the rebels don't work out,he is only going to be bigger and stronger. The kids a great footballer (imo) with a better year to come this year.

Did you ask him what his reason’s were for going to natte’s meet the coach day?

If the kid has said "It's all a load of crap I'm not going to natte" what was he doing at the meet the coach day Pyrenees Puma?

Everybody likes there ego stroked crank, i bet you don't mind being told how good you are, or how good you were, which ever be the case . Honestly i didn't ask him, surely thats his business.

Everybody likes there ego stroked crank, i bet you don't mind being told how good you are, or how good you were, which ever be the case . Honestly i didn't ask him, surely thats his business.

I don't think he went to the meet the coach day to get his 'ego stroked' coghlan's not like that. I think you have got it wrong puma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back