Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy is back. Now I remember why I keep my Foxtel subscription - praise odin.
If your internet can handle it you're better off giving them money via kayo, can turn that on and off anytime and it's just sport and cheaper than Foxtel with sport

B: Ben Stratton, James Frawley, Damon Greaves
HB: Sam Frost, Ben McEvoy, Harry Morrison
C: Isaac Smith, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Oliver Hanrahan, Mitchell Lewis, Tim O'Brien
F: Luke Breust, Jonathon Patton, Paul Puopolo
R: Jonathon Ceglar, Jaeger O'Meara, James Worpel
INT: Changkuoth Jiath, Chad Wingard, Mathew Walker, Tom Mitchell, James Cousins, Darren Minchington, Blake Hardwick, Tom Scully

EMER: Michael Hartley, Conor Glass, Conor Nash, Harry Jones

In the 18 you would think that Greaves, Morrison and Hanrahan are either “getting a go (Greaves)” or “getting another opportunity to prove themselves (Morrison and Hanrahan).

Four of the interchange are certainties - Mitchell, Wingard, Scully and Hardwick.

Mini list intrigues: Walker, Cousins and Minchington, Hanrahan competing for forward spot maybe?

Half back/run interchange: Changa and Harry

Would this be right?

Liked for the new age Changa reference!! Does this mean I need to change to Changa29?

Footy is back. Now I remember why I keep my Foxtel subscription - praise odin.
Foxtel is. Giant waste of cashola mate. Kayo is where it’s at. Bit like Netflix you can have multiple accounts and has some really good sports coverage for $25 a month.

Yze interview was very interesting.....

“Big Boy has spent the pre season as a defender and that’s where our plan is to play him. Ceglar deserves his chance as first ruck”

Adding Patton and Frost into our side we have gone from the land of short people to Giants in a pre season.

I believe it’s going to take us some time to get our game plan going fellow Hawkers!!!!

Don't know much about Greaves. On the surface he looks like a Sis Pt II, medium defender, ranga hair, not overly tall, not overly built, but reads the play well and has great disposal. Somewhat accurate?

Yze interview was very interesting.....

“Big Boy has spent the pre season as a defender and that’s where our plan is to play him. Ceglar deserves his chance as first ruck”

Adding Patton and Frost into our side we have gone from the land of short people to Giants in a pre season.

I believe it’s going to take us some time to get our game plan going fellow Hawkers!!!!
I'm still very sceptical about big boy playing in defence. Personally I can't see the whole shebang lasting more than a few rounds before we ditch it. I am excited about Ceglar playing as our 1st ruck though

Don't know much about Greaves. On the surface he looks like a Sis Pt II, medium defender, ranga hair, not overly tall, not overly built, but reads the play well and has great disposal. Somewhat accurate?

More like Conan for mine. Absolutely no flair just solid and sure. Runs straight at the footy and will cop the tackle rather than cough it up. Great selection.

Couldn't be nearly as good an intercept mark as Sicily or as damaging by foot (albeit, I'm sure he's reliable).

I don't know much about him at all - is maybe Duryea* a good comparison?

*he copped a lot of crap in his last season with us but was servicable-good in 2014-2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still very sceptical about big boy playing in defence. Personally I can't see the whole shebang lasting more than a few rounds before we ditch it. I am excited about Ceglar playing as our 1st ruck though
Yes I think some posters might need to rewatch some of Cegs games in the later half of the season to remind themselves on why he was given a 3 year deal and (if rumours are correct) a guarantee of 1st ruck.
I honesty think that if he remains healthy Cegs could push for at least AA squad selection, his upside is that high.

Cegs somewhat mirrored our fortunes last season. When 'on', he clunked them, tapped effectively and gave us a target down the line that saw us winning games... but he had some shockers too and IMHO, cost us the game v WC @ the G with atrocious kicking for goal (the only game I saw live) and was terrible in many of the games during the middle of season that we lost games we should have won.
His best is really good, not sure AA conversation, but too much is middle of the road.😂

This game will be true early little test of our land of the giants game plan.
Not only is it against actual opposition but will be on a ground notorious for being a BOG when the rain comes.
I think we will learn a lot from this outing against the Saints
I would say clunkathon but Gralin will accuse me of inadvertently setting unreasonable expectations via light hearted, enthusiastic commentary.

😢

I just renewed my Kayo for 3 months free, heres how to do it...

Dinsdale I was literally about to re-new my membership (legally) until I read this. Now personally I cannot stand Kevin Durant but if there's any one gif that applies right now than its this one. You're a bloody legend my friend 🤟

giphy.gif

Foxtel is. Giant waste of cashola mate. Kayo is where it’s at. Bit like Netflix you can have multiple accounts and has some really good sports coverage for $25 a month.
Firstly Foxtel owns Kayo and secondly the quality is nothing like Netflix.

I cancelled my Foxtel subscription a few months ago and got Kayo and am questioning my decision.

If you live interstate and want to watch footy on a big screen you'd better hope your smart tv is no more than 2 years old as Kayo don't have an app for older TVs. Mines 3 years old (f..k). So, you need another device to stream it or mirror it to your tv. I've used the latest Roku, Chromecast and even connected my new laptop via HDMI to the tv and the quality is shite. Yet Netflix is awesome. Internet bandwidth and data is not my problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them as Kayo didn't and I really don't want to spend the year watching footy on my laptop :mad:

Firstly Foxtel owns Kayo and secondly the quality is nothing like Netflix.

I cancelled my Foxtel subscription a few months ago and got Kayo and am questioning my decision.

If you live interstate and want to watch footy on a big screen you'd better hope your smart tv is no more than 2 years old as Kayo don't have an app for older TVs. Mines 3 years old (f..k). So, you need another device to stream it or mirror it to your tv. I've used the latest Roku, Chromecast and even connected my new laptop via HDMI to the tv and the quality is shite. Yet Netflix is awesome. Internet bandwidth and data is not my problem.

So it looks like I'll be watching footy on my laptop this year :mad:
I sponged off my dad’s Foxtel. But he cancelled because of his view about their general horribleness particularly re climate change.

It can be a tragic situation when one comes from a family with moral and intellectual fibre

🔥

Yes I think some posters might need to rewatch some of Cegs games in the later half of the season to remind themselves on why he was given a 3 year deal and (if rumours are correct) a guarantee of 1st ruck.
I honesty think that if he remains healthy Cegs could push for at least AA squad selection, his upside is that high.
No one is guaranteed a game at Hawthorn - you have to perform, Clarko can guarantee to give you a good run at it but if you had 5 or 6 shockers in a row any player would be under pressure to stay in the team.

I probably should have read this first before killing Foxtel

NB: Keep in mind there is no '0' rating. Think about that for a few seconds

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back