Deegle

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2003
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast!
Hey guys,

Ive been a fan of grahams for a while and i was wondering do you think the eagles should have a crack at graham while he is contemplating his footy future. I think he would be a great addition to our backline as the 'third tall defender' and be a massive improvement over carrol.

His experience and poise will also be a great benefit to the eagles relatively inexperienced backline.

Thoughts?

coasting said:
I'm pretty sure he retired.

Nah its rumored down here in melbourne, he was sacked, just the club wanted him to announce it as his retirement to ease 'any more in club fighting'.

Reports have also surfaced hes been talking with at least 3 other clubs not long after his 'retirement'

I personally dont think its a retirement and alot of other people agree with me.

regal_eagle said:
Nah its rumored down here in melbourne, he was sacked, just the club wanted him to announce it as his retirement to ease 'any more in club fighting'.

Reports have also surfaced hes been talking with at least 3 other clubs not long after his 'retirement'

I personally dont think its a retirement and alot of other people agree with me.

Basically Dunstall told him he didn't fit in with the youth policy Hawthorn were taking and forced him to retire. I doubt that Graham would pack up his bags and head West for what would, at his age, be a one year contract at best. I would rather keep a young tall like Johnson on the list for an extra year to see what happens.

eagleskickass said:
Re.SRE not that I would get him...isn't he a sandgroper anyway? Would he not possibly be moving back West already?

yeah i was pretty sure he is a sandgroper as well but not a 100%. surely he must be worth a one year contract at the least, coz he is an immediate improvement over carrol and has proven how solid he can be.

He performed well in a team thats backline was constantly under attack, i think he could help.

Since Slapps Jackovich retired, there has been a shortage of old hacks in your team. Mark Graham could fill that role with ease for you blokes.

And I dont think he is a sandgroper, for the love of god lets hope not.

I think the eagles should be avoiding all short term fixes. Mark Graham would be good for a year or so, but after that, when has retired, we would realise that all he did was stunt the development of someone else. He played all his good footy over east anyway.

I don't know where you got that Graham was from WA. Born and bred Victorian from Berwick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back