Race 2 Rose - Villa Verde

Race 3 Rose - Single saver on Hoylony

Race 6 Rose - Fiveandahalfstar

Race 6 Caul - Undeniably

Race 7 Rose - Steps In Time

Race 8 Rose - Moment Of Change

Race 8 Caul - Kerthos

Race 9 Rose - Senta De Noche

Nice tips main man, though I think Pierro is a certainty and will hit it pretty hard. Do you mind sharing your thoughts on Villa Verde? At the odds it's a no bet race for me but I reckon it's gunna be a ripper and would love to be persuaded to have something one way or the other!

Nice tips main man, though I think Pierro is a certainty and will hit it pretty hard. Do you mind sharing your thoughts on Villa Verde? At the odds it's a no bet race for me but I reckon it's gunna be a ripper and would love to be persuaded to have something one way or the other!

Pierro is obviously the threat to MOC but I favour him for the following reasons.

- Had the better preparation, 1000M at WFA behind a freak then a good thing beaten when everything against him in the Newmarket over 1200M.
-The figures from his last 3 starts at 1400M, 1000M and 1200M are superior to anything Pierro has produced in this distance range, Pierros best ratings have come at 1400M +.
- He steps up to 1300M which is a natural progression whereas Pierro comes back 100M and out of his peak range.
- Moment Of Change will get the run of the race sitting on Rain Affair, much like his Rupert Clarke win (career peak to date) when he sat on his stable mate and was produced at the top of the straight.

The one concern is whether he is as good going the Sydney way but the $6 they bet early in the week was a fair enough price for me to find out.

Happy to risk More Joyous, hasn't beaten a field of this quality for a long time.

In regards to Villa Verde she is the 2nd highest ranking 2 year old this season in terms of data and figures produced, MOL is ranked 1 and Overreach 3rd.

Overreach has come back and proven herself since the Spring but in what is a 2 horse race the odds on offer for Villa Verde (who I rate slightly ahead of Overreach) were too good to refuse.

There seems an air of confidence coming out of the Villa Verde camp also, particularly after her track work during the week, Anthony Cummings horse worked with her and he stated that she will be the new favourite for the Slipper after this weekend and even Gai Waterhouse was full of praise for Villa Verde on RSN this morning, which is unusual for Gai.

I took the $2.70 as I thought it was a great price in what I believe is a 50/50 race, I have no doubt they will be closer in the market come Saturday.

2U VILLA VERDE 2.7 Luxbet!

Can't fault any of yer MOC logic but I remain unconvinced. Agreed though that it has more chance than More Joyous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

March - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back