Team Mgmt. Makeup of our team II - Strengths & deficiencies, player development

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion data said on SEN that Gresham and McKay are 2 of the biggest improvers in the whole comp. Gone from like 200-300th rated player to top 30ish or something.

McGrath's best season ever according to their data.
Martin has dropped from 22nd to 70th
Redman dropped from 29th to 174th

Also suggested moving Martin back up the ground, said his last quarter up the ground was huge.

Said Daicos was best on ground and 2nd best for the entire round. (Suggesting he should get the medal I think?)

Last edited:

if we are going to get where we want to be, elite - competing in close games at the pointy end, we are going to need to cross all t's and dot all i's. No carrying players flaws, no allowing repeat mistakes - none of those heart in mouth players that we always seem to have - nows the time to iron them out before one of said mistakes costs us a final. Nik Cox, always heart in mouth when he has possession...handballs at peoples feet, lazy kick that causes turnovers - undoubled potential, performs a role but needs to go back and work on his flaws. Jake Kelly, undoubtedly performs a required role but dumb mistakes, freezes when in possession and is always rife for dumb 50s (Draper also on notice) Hobbs has little game awareness, misses teammates and gets caught, also plays for frees - go work on your craft in the 2s. Are we at the stage yet where we can be ruthless and ask for greatness from our players? If so some of this needs to happen so we can turn from good to great.

I’m still treating this year as a development year. It’s all about growth - players have to either earn their spot, or be doing enough to make it difficult to drop.

We’re not gunning for a flag this year. No point in compromising growth for short term gain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back