List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

We need list spots. We can't afford to give every speculative prospect 5 years on the list to get fit and show something.

Realistically we probably need to open up 5 primary list spots this year and that means some guys will unfortunately be cut. Marshall is near the top of that list.
Dixon, Mackenzie, Narkle and potentially Evans are 4 players I expect to go. Add to that Boak, if he didn’t want to go around again, it wouldn’t be hard to get to 5 to go off in the list.

Clurey and Burton should be used as trade bait (not that anyone would be interested). And it wouldn’t surprise me if there is some interest in a Farrell, Williams or Jones, particularly if Perryman is a true-buzz.

Dixon, Mackenzie, Narkle and potentially Evans are 4 players I expect to go. Add to that Boak, if he didn’t want to go around again, it wouldn’t be hard to get to 5 to go off in the list.

Clurey and Burton should be used as trade bait (not that anyone would be interested). And it wouldn’t surprise me if there is some interest in a Farrell, Williams or Jones, particularly if Perryman is a true-buzz.
Narkle and Williams are both rookies so don't open up a list spot.

Strongly doubt any of the other players get traded. Farrell, Jones and Burton are best 22 players. No one is taking on Clurey's contract.

Clurey we potentially pay out and delist, but then who is the kpd depth? I doubt we get rid of both Clurey and McKenzie.

Narkle and Williams are both rookies so don't open up a list spot.
They do if we tell one or two players they will be dropped down to the rookie list. We did it with Williams, as well as a few others over the last 4 or 5 years. Grundy and Woodcock spring to mind straight away.

I reckon Dixon retires, Williams who is clearly out of favour gets traded, Clurey, Evans and Narkle delisted.
It would be unfair to drop Narkle as he hardly get any opportunity to play at senior level . He definitely deserve another year .

Go after spp mate shai bolton being wasted at Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it. They clearly rated McCallum higher pre draft than Marshall. And the football he is played when not injured has been of a higher standard than Marshall
This is just not true. Marshall has shown a heck of a lot more than McCallum. McCallum has been far below in performance. McCallum is far more likely to be delisted.

Rubbish. We don’t owe a player another year cause he’s not good enough to make our side.

Even as depth options you'd think Narkle, who gets more of the footy and generally uses it well, ought to be ahead of Mcentee. Weird but Narkle looks like he has some burst in the first few steps but no top speed at all.

This is just not true. Marshall has shown a heck of a lot more than McCallum. McCallum has been far below in performance. McCallum is far more likely to be delisted.
The first part is objective truth. They took McCallum in the second round and Marshall was the last pick in the draft. They probably had McCallum 10-20 spots higher in their big board.

McCallum is a bit of a Cam O'Shea in that he does three good things and then 3 absolute clangers but it is still more than Marshall has shown. I would go as far to say I haven't seen Marshall show any AFL traits at all other than the fact he is tall.

Can you identify anything that he does well?

He has definitely been superceded by Walsh in 3 games.

I'd be shocked if McCallum was delisted over Marshall. Firstly in the sense that I just think McCallum is better. Secondly because Hinkley has never held on to these sorts of players very long - Riley Grundy being a good example.

We will hold on to McCallum at least until the Tassie team comes in.

With Marshall, tall defenders have enormous premium in the AFL these days, we would be crazy to delist a 200cm development project with his athletic ability.

avs

He’s averaged 1.5 g and 16.5 in 2 games this season (not 2g and 20d)

Last year he averaged 0.6 goals and 21.3d in 7 games.

What else does he need to do?

Stay on the park for starters.

Find an actual position. He’s not a forward at sanfl level, he’s not a mid at afl level. What is he?

He’s a list clogger, and holding onto him for an extra few years will accomplish exactly zero.

The first part is objective truth. They took McCallum in the second round and Marshall was the last pick in the draft. They probably had McCallum 10-20 spots higher in their big board.

McCallum is a bit of a Cam O'Shea in that he does three good things and then 3 absolute clangers but it is still more than Marshall has shown. I would go as far to say I haven't seen Marshall show any AFL traits at all other than the fact he is tall.

Can you identify anything that he does well?

He has definitely been superceded by Walsh in 3 games.

I'd be shocked if McCallum was delisted over Marshall. Firstly in the sense that I just think McCallum is better. Secondly because Hinkley has never held on to these sorts of players very long - Riley Grundy being a good example.
McCallum has been so bad, in his role, that I personally wouldn't have been surprised if he was delisted last year. He was a huge drafting blunder that's for sure, a reach gone wrong, should've been a rookie at best. Marshall has shown when surrounded by some assistance, he was more than capable of playing a tall defender role and rebounding off. He has some great size, length and speed. McCallum is undersided, offers zero defensively, offers zero offensively, and doesn't suit any need. Some of the bags he had kicked on him last year, despite the far better fortunes of the team had him literally as the main target for the opposition to play through.

I presume you either haven't watched all of the SANFL games as I do, else you just have a very strange opinion and are the first person I've seen with any positivity on McCallum.

McCallum has been so bad, in his role, that I personally wouldn't have been surprised if he was delisted last year. He was a huge drafting blunder that's for sure, a reach gone wrong, should've been a rookie at best. Marshall has shown when surrounded by some assistance, he was more than capable of playing a tall defender role and rebounding off. He has some great size, length and speed. McCallum is undersided, offers zero defensively, offers zero offensively, and doesn't suit any need. Some of the bags he had kicked on him last year, despite the far better fortunes of the team had him literally as the main target for the opposition to play through.

I presume you either haven't watched all of the SANFL games as I do, else you just have a very strange opinion and are the first person I've seen with any positivity on McCallum.
Show one time Marshall rebounded off his opponent lol.

Whatever dude, let's see what happens at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back