Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

i'd take their list over Richmond's currently. Are you seriously saying Richmond's current list is better than West Coasts?
Yes 100%

With the injuries Richmond has had this year no other teams have had
last time we had a reasonable list of players to select from we beat Sydney

Yes 100%

With the injuries Richmond has had this year no other teams have had
last time we had a reasonable list of players to select from we beat Sydney
We've pretty much had your injury list for the past 2 years.

Comparing the lists is an exercise in futility.
It's like saying do you want a punch in the dick or a poke in the eye.

Richmond won 3 flags and we won 1.
Both supporters should be happy with that.

Last edited:
We've pretty had much your injury list for the past 2 years.

Comparing the lists is an exercise in futility.
It's like saying do you want a punch in the dick or a poke in the eye.

Richmond won 3 flags and we won 1.
Both supporters should be happy with that.
Very Very happy and settled in for a 2-3 year rebuild

LMAO at trades for Graham and McIntosh.

Heres a bet. I bet you McIntosh doesnt get you anything in a trade
I swear Graham and Kamdym McIntosh are free agents.

I know for a fact that despite the fact he is 31 years old, McIntosh could be handy for either WA club for a couple of seasons. But yeah McIntosh is a free agent.

Richmonds picks this year
2, 22, 29, 40, 41, 47, 58, 68, 72 before any trades for Baker , Rioli , Graham , McIntosh

We will only take 4 maybe 5 picks and have a full set next year

Dont need any picks this or next year past 25
Interesting amount of picks you have. 9 of them.

Tigers wont get rid of Rioli. Graham as a free agent? I think Both SA clubs will look at him.

I already said my views on McIntosh.

I Can see Richmond trade pick 22 or 29 or a 2025 2nd rounder.

I say Richmond will use 6 picks in the draft maybe 7 if your club needs a bunch of fresh talent. Maybe trade 2 picks for a better pick like trade picks 40 and 41 for a pick 25. Or trade pick 22 and 29 for a decent 1st round pick.

Interesting amount of picks you have. 9 of them.

Tigers wont get rid of Rioli. Graham as a free agent? I think Both SA clubs will look at him.

I already said my views on McIntosh.

I Can see Richmond trade pick 22 or 29 or a 2025 2nd rounder.
Why would Richmond trade 2 2nd rounders this year for 1 2nd rounder next year ?
Both early 2nds as well

* Edit i misread the post

Last edited:
The fact that Eagle supporters are agreeing with Freomaniac should be the ultimate indicator that Richmond fans in this debate are delusional.

The other key factor in this trade is that Liam Baker is uncontracted.

You wont see West coast give up what Carlton gave up to get Chris Judd in which was picks 3 , pick 20 and Josh Kennedy.

I can see Liam Baker join west coast on a 5 year deal at $700,000 a year. That makes him contracted to west coast from 2025-29. West coast can easily have a finals run from 2027-29.

I wont be surpised if this gets dragged out like the Brad Crouch situation where he left the crows to join the saints as a free agent. Crows were dead bottom in 2020. Crows fans predicted a top 5 compo pick. Crows ended up with pick 21 as compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on how you see it.

I will use carlton for example.

If Carlton offers up their 2025 1st rounder for your teams pick 22 and 2022 2nd rounder, would you accept it?
Carlton will be top 2-3 for a few years so at best pick #15 maybe but id rather trade them into this years 1st rounder like brisbane and get 5-6 kids in 1 year earlier

Starting a big rebuild this close to Tasmania… no wonder there is some angst.
Eh we did our last rebuild amongst GC and GWS and it turned out fine

Just do well with later picks and then convince Tassie’s top talent how much better it would be playing on the mainland once we’re back challenging. Will certainly shake a couple loose

Richmonds picks this year
2, 22, 29, 40, 41, 47, 58, 68, 72 before any trades for Baker , Rioli , Graham , McIntosh

We will only take 4 maybe 5 picks and have a full set next year

Dont need any picks this or next year past 25
People are a bit too stupid also to realise other picks can be involved so things like pick upgrades can occur

Pick 23 + 2025 2nd rounder for Baker + 34 works in all reality. Probably brings worth to closer to pick 15-20

Ralph is having a laugh suggesting that Baker is worth a pick in the 12-14 range and West Coast should split their top pick to attain him and pass in onto Richmond.

He's a solid player, but there's plenty of 26+ year old midfielders who average 20 disposals and 4 clearances a game from 45% CBA's that would cost a fraction of that. He is a goal kicker sure, but I just think there's much better examples of value for money for that. Or you'd want someone slightly younger.

Hunter Clark averages 3 less disposals but is better in most other categories from 20% less center bounce time. You'd probably get him for a 4th rounder from St Kilda at the moment.

Would you prefer Baker or Darcy Parish? I reckon even Essendon would let Parish go for a deal like that given how their midfield is going at the moment.

If that is the expectation from Richmond, I'd looking at the PSD for West Coast. Richmond wont be re-drafting him.

I don't think they can really afford to be outlaying anything significant on a player like Baker. He's there to assist in your reuild, not really as a main feature of it.

Last edited:
Ralph is having a laugh suggesting that Baker is worth a pick in the 12-14 range and West Coast should split their top pick to attain him and pass in onto Richmond.

He's a solid player, but there's plenty of 26+ year old midfielders who average 20 disposals and 4 clearances a game from 45% CBA's that would cost a fraction of that. He is a goal kicker sure, but I just think there's much better examples of value for money for that. Or you'd want someone slightly younger.

Hunter Clark averages 3 less disposals but is better in most other categories from 20% less center bounce time. You'd probably get him for a 4th rounder from St Kilda at the moment.

Would you prefer Baker or Darcy Parish? I reckon even Essendon would let Parish go for a deal like that given how their midfield is going at the moment.

If that is the expectation from Richmond, I'd looking at the PSD for West Coast. Richmond wont be re-drafting him.

I don't think they can really afford to be outlaying anything significant on a player like Baker. He's there to assist in your reuild, not really as a main feature of it.
Last Richmond player Freo got as a free agent was Reece Conca. He was a 2nd or early 3rd round compo pick

You are failing to look at Baker as a complete package, can play any line at a very high level, players that can do that are rare as hens teeth. He is also courageous as all get up and hard as nails.

PSD? Come on man, dont be silly.

Regardless, the general consensus amongst the realistic fans is a pick at 15 ish. Below 15 a win for Tigers, above 15, a win for the other team.

You are failing to look at Baker as a complete package, can play any line at a very high level, players that can do that are rare as hens teeth. He is also courageous as all get up and hard as nails.

Regardless, the general consensus amongst the realistic fans is a pick at 15 ish. Below 15 a win for Tigers, above 15, a win for the other team.

It’s pretty simple isn’t it sometimes? If you can find a price where both teams still feel a little hard done by, but only just, then you’re probably in the ball park

He can play any line at an solid level, enough to be in a good teams best 22 because they dont have very good players in all the midfield/flanker roles.
He is a utility, jack of all trades but very good at nothing. Handy in a rebuilding side to fit him around whichever kids you have, or in a good side to cover for a lack of depth in certain roles.
Hes hardly your first choice mid/hb/hf

The only reason he would be good for the Eagles, is because our depth is still building with so many young guys and we are forced to play some spuds. Not an urgent fix though.

This is why I've always said he wont be at West Coast next year. He'll be a Docker or a Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back