Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Because he got a promotion to list manager.

Blair is the 'GM of talent' at Richmond, which any other club calls the List Manager.
Yes he got a promotion to list manager

Do you really believe the Blair does deals without Clarke all these years
They worked hand in hand and thats why he got the "promotion" to list manager at the eagles

Anyway going off topic and Baker is staying

why? Is he that Valuable in your side?

I assume you want him to spend his whole playing career at Richmond. That is fine.

Hurry up and extend his contract to another 2 or 3 years and close this thread.

This is last chance at a long contract on good money, I would have thought it was obvious as to "why"

good to hear...

Saying that I looked up Liam bakers last contract renewal. He only signed for a 2 year extension. I wish it was for 3. That would made him a free agent next season.
Thank you for sharing :heart:

Why ?

He would have been a great pickup for a 2nd rounder for you guys
or were you worried Clarke would pay through the nose

Yes that was my worry.

I mean it's Liam Baker - if he wants to come to you then you probably try to make it happen, and we're the good guy traders (maybe not anymore under Clarke and after being taken for a ride with the Kelly trade).

But we need to spend the draft capital on more youth.

Yes that was my worry.

I mean it's Liam Baker - if he wants to come to you then you probably try to make it happen, and we're the good guy traders (maybe not anymore under Clarke and after being taken for a ride with the Kelly trade).

But we need to spend the draft capital on more youth.
You see it doesnt just work like that , " If he wants to come to you"

If they want to come to your club 90% of the time its because a club has sounded them or manager out to make the move
Im not saying the eagles have done this but fremantle certainly has with putting an offer to him so early in the piece and if he does end up at the eagles then they would have done the same.

So if the club makes that move the yes they sure do make that happen and pay what it costs to get the deal done
Exactly like Noth & Carlton did

good to hear...

Saying that I looked up Liam bakers last contract renewal. He only signed for a 2 year extension. I wish it was for 3. That would made him a free agent next season.
You wish it was 3 years because you want him without having to trade for him but that is of no benefit to Liam
If he wants to leave and the club chases him what does he care if they trade a pick for him

Same would have been said for many players like Jacob Hopper we would have loved to get him as a free agent but he was not and Richmond paid the asking price for both players Taranto & Hopper ( YES Taranto was out of contract )

With freos midfield desperately on their knees begging for a Nat Fyfe replacement I fear it will push freos hand to cough up 2 first rounders for baker on account of their desperation to fill the gigantic gaping void Nat Fyfe has left behind because sadly I fear the game has gone past him which would make freo definitely desperate to replace him with baker forcing their hand to give up two firsts to fill a need in their midfield which is now desperately on its knees after the game passing by Fyfe

With freos midfield desperately on their knees begging for a Nat Fyfe replacement I fear it will push freos hand to cough up 2 first rounders for baker on account of their desperation to fill the gigantic gaping void Nat Fyfe has left behind because sadly I fear the game has gone past him which would make freo definitely desperate to replace him with baker forcing their hand to give up two firsts to fill a need in their midfield which is now desperately on its knees after the game passing by Fyfe
That would be amazing, but Baker isnt a Fyfe replacement in any world haha

But Freo's list is chocker block full with talent and talented Erasmus cant get a look in
Baker wouldnt be able to fit into that team and would be a waste of list spot and cap space

Unless he was a free agent of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Freo's list is chocker block full with talent and talented Erasmus cant get a look in
Baker wouldnt be able to fit into that team and would be a waste of list spot and cap space

Bagging Erasmus, a player you know precisely **** all about, in the path of praising Baker is shit from tbh. Young inside mid who's getting WAFLed largely because our worst starting inside mid is a 2x Brownlow medalist.

I'd bank on there being at least a half dozen teams where, if he was there, he'd be a starting inside mid. And your team is in that half dozen.

Bagging Erasmus, a player you know precisely **** all about, in the path of praising Baker is shit from tbh. Young inside mid who's getting WAFLed largely because our worst starting inside mid is a 2x Brownlow medalist.

I'd bank on there being at least a half dozen teams where, if he was there, he'd be a starting inside mid. And your team is in that half dozen.
Cool calling Erasmus talented is sh!t of me

Jesus you are special with how you interpret things
2x Brownlow medals are great but when the times up you could have 10 but the medals dont play the game today

2x Brownlow medals are great but when the times up you could have 10 but the medals dont play the game today
Let's not play pretend games where you feign ignorance on your own sarcasm. There's this cool feature called the search bar where I can search Raz's name on this thread. You've mentioned him so much he should get an AVO out on you. Weird behaviour.

And I mention the medals because it would be more terse than mentioning he ranks above average for contested ball, clearance and ground ball numbers, was the highest rated player on the ground just over a fortnight ago against Melbourne, is in general ranked above average for midfielders this season, and is still just getting a rhythm back from about a 2 year run of injuries. A young mid being behind a past his best but still effective on most weeks Fyfe isn't exactly shocking or an indictment on them.

Let's not play pretend games where you feign ignorance on your own sarcasm. There's this cool feature called the search bar where I can search Raz's name on this thread. You've mentioned him so much he should get an AVO out on you. Weird behaviour.

And I mention the medals because it would be more terse than mentioning he ranks above average for contested ball, clearance and ground ball numbers, was the highest rated player on the ground just over a fortnight ago against Melbourne, is in general ranked above average for midfielders this season, and is still just getting a rhythm back from about a 2 year run of injuries. A young mid being behind a past his best but still effective on most weeks Fyfe isn't exactly shocking or an indictment on them.
Dude you are making out like we are talking about a Nat Fyfe of 5 years ago
He is finished and cooked exactly like Walters.

Now Erasmus , 90% of fremantle supporters would throw him in as steak knives in any deal
Get of your high horse and stop with the drama

You've said nothing of value or with accuracy in your reply, so imma just end with this (shoutout to the search bar).
Picks are picks but heart and soul type players are bloody hard to find and we have not had many high picks lately but i would rather have Baker for another 6-7 years than some magic beans around 10-15 that most likely could end up the next Corey Ellis , Ben Lennon , RCD , CCJ or even Erasmus from the looks of it.
Liam Baker is that player and thats why we do not want to lose him for even pick 10 as its just another kid that may or may not make it. What pick was Erasmus
But for Richmond supporters im taking 6-7 years of Baker than maybe the next Erasmus/Ellis/Lennon
Erasmus ?
4 (yes, that's the whole comment)
Corey Ellis , Anthony Miles , RCD all killed it at VFL level for years

Wafl / VFL means nothing
You replying to someone saying Erasmus has talent. Just completely off topic from Baker on a Baker thread, but I'll be generous and not count that.
He had more touches than 17 out of 23 players that played for freo this round
Im not sure what you are expecting but your not getting Harley Reid for pick 15 and certainly not a Johnson/Erasmus
6 (again that's the whole comment)

Dude you are making out like we are talking about a Nat Fyfe of 5 years ago
He is finished and cooked exactly like Walters.

Now Erasmus , 90% of fremantle supporters would throw him in as steak knives in any deal
Get of your high horse and stop with the drama

On one hand, I'm excited for you that you're 1 comment away from cracking double digits. On the other, I have to wonder how did he hurt you? He hasn't even played against your mob lmao. Is it because he's tall and you have RCD-related trauma?

For such a "steak knives" player, you sure seem to care about him a lot. I can't relate to that because I'm a fan of my team only: I don't care enough about other teams to know their fringe players half the time, let alone talk about them this much. Hell, there's players we've traded in where I have to google who they are coz that's my first time hearing of them (Brodie, Corbett, hell even Acres).

Whatever it is, by all means continue acting like this is the Neil Erasmus thread (feat. Liam Baker).

I agree.

I wish freo poached Tyrone Vickery as a free agent at the end of 2016 as a replacement for Matty Pavlich. lol

You've said nothing of value or with accuracy in your reply, so imma just end with this (shoutout to the search bar).

You replying to someone saying Erasmus has talent. Just completely off topic from Baker on a Baker thread, but I'll be generous and not count that.

On one hand, I'm excited for you that you're 1 comment away from cracking double digits. On the other, I have to wonder how did he hurt you? He hasn't even played against your mob lmao. Is it because he's tall and you have RCD-related trauma?

For such a "steak knives" player, you sure seem to care about him a lot. I can't relate to that because I'm a fan of my team only: I don't care enough about other teams to know their fringe players half the time, let alone talk about them this much. Hell, there's players we've traded in where I have to google who they are coz that's my first time hearing of them (Brodie, Corbett, hell even Acres).

Whatever it is, by all means continue acting like this is the Neil Erasmus thread (feat. Liam Baker).
There you go , Now you can spend anothe 3 hours working out how to multi quote without saying anything constructive
on your bike kid

Thought this bloke was staying?… surely if that’s the case he would of put pen to paper by now?

Either way dont care what baker does as we’ve got a young gun who plays similar role in the seconds and who’s ready to explode in Neil Erasmus
That's the rumour. If he still hasn't signed before August he gorne surely.

You think that's out there, the same clown you're replying to also comes across as knowing all about WC fringe players!!....now that's extreme 🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back