Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I think Baker is just being considerate. I don’t think waiting on the coach is a literal because Baker wants to only play under certain coaches. Far from it.

Imagine nominating Eagles and then a new coach says they want to hit the draft etc. Would then place Baker in an awkward spot.

I personally only see Baker to Freo if the new coach doesn’t wish to bring mature players in at all. Highly unlikely, but a small chance.
It also places Richmond in an awkward spot as it is not in our best interest to give up the same value that Fremantle can. By not nominating a club (or choosing Freo), Richmond can get better value than if he nominated us outright. I imagine it is also a sign that negotiations are ongoing.

It also places Richmond in an awkward spot as it is not in our best interest to give up the same value that Fremantle can. By not nominating a club (or choosing Freo), Richmond can get better value than if he nominated us outright. I imagine it is also a sign that negotiations are ongoing.

I reckon there’s a good chance Hawthorns F1 is the target for the Baker trade. The negotiation is probably around getting Hawthorn to give up two firsts and then who pays what back.

Getting the Graham compo to band 3 could be a huge factor in executing the trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back